Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ESI: Thoughts so far?

Comments

• Options
    My understanding was that MS said that they would have a wage structure but would break it for a marquee signing/s.

Shearer at Newcastle was cited as an example of this, presumably because Bowyer was there at the same time and had mentioned it.

No timeframe was given for when such marquee signings would be made. There was no promise of marquee signings this window.

Thats how i remember it - Although i would love two or three marquee signings this week
  • Options
    My understanding was that MS said that they would have a wage structure but would break it for a marquee signing/s.

Shearer at Newcastle was cited as an example of this, presumably because Bowyer was there at the same time and had mentioned it.

No timeframe was given for when such marquee signings would be made. There was no promise of marquee signings this window.

Thats how i remember it - Although i would love two or three marquee signings this week
    Wouldn't we all 😉.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    I'll have to listen back because I thought he said there will be marquee signings and used the Shearer example in regards to keeping Taylor
  • Options
    Depends on what you see as a marque signing. Maddison or the guy from Barnsley could be . 

Id settle for the guy from Blackpool and two good loans---- but I feel even that's a stretch .

As per ,prepare to be disappointed
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    Am I missing something because I don't get why the loans keep getting brought up... They were repayable on Charlton re-entering the Premier League, which hasn't happened, so why would they be repaid?
    Or when the Valley is sold as they have a charge on the ground IIRC.

At previous sales the directors have agreed to roll over the bonds but some maybe less willing to do so now.

They have to be consulted on any leases as they have a charge on the Valley.
    I see. So what's the issue? Have directors said there's a problem? The Valley hasn't been sold... There is a lease, and if they have to be consulted then I assume they have been, or else they're entitled to take legal action
    I think you can reasonably assume that when I reported that the ex-director loans hadn't been repaid and they hadn't been told why not that this was based on firm information. You can also assume that at that stage they hadn't been consulted about any lease arrangement. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    Am I missing something because I don't get why the loans keep getting brought up... They were repayable on Charlton re-entering the Premier League, which hasn't happened, so why would they be repaid?

At previous sales the directors have agreed to roll over the bonds but some maybe less willing to do so now.

I see. So what's the issue? Have directors said there's a problem? The Valley hasn't been sold... There is a lease, and if they have to be consulted then I assume they have been, or else they're entitled to take legal action
    I think you can reasonably assume that when I reported that the ex-director loans hadn't been repaid and they hadn't been told why not that this was based on firm information. You can also assume that at that stage they hadn't been consulted about any lease arrangement. 
    Can we unreasonably assume that that may have since changed?
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:

Can we unreasonably assume that that may have since changed?
    Things can change - I haven't heard that they have.
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:

Can we unreasonably assume that that may have since changed?  Certain ex directors have not been shy, in the past, about making the situation very clear and in the public demain. Either through Airman, other posters on here or thier own twitter etc.

We will know within hours if that changes. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:

What's stopping them from suing to get their money back?
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Brown59 said:
    Oh dear here we go again. We will end up panic buying on the 31st like we always do with sub standard players. The fact is you have to pay over the odds to get players in now its that  simple. Looks like we're still trying to get players on the cheap even with money men behind us. Until LB signs players will not commit. 
    Whats the problem with his contract. 2 weeks it's been on offer!  I have big concerns over ESI. 
    Post worthy of its own thread, surely.
    Starting to get very concerned about the time Bowyer's contact us taking to sort out. They want him, he wants to stay. What's the problem????????
    The bright new future doesn't seem so bright anymore. A multi billionaire takes over the club, doesn't buy The Valley or SL, can't/won't give LB a contract that he wants to sign & transfer wise seems to be operating under the Belgians budget. What's going on, no wonder there's been people casting doubt over ESI ever since it was announced.
    Where did you read our owner is a multi-billionaire? 
    At the time of the takeover I read that he was worth 15 Billion. Where did I read it ? Haven't the faintest idea as I was reading absolutely anything I could find about the takeover.

I haven't got sympathy, if you fell for the email that HE was worth 15 billion and could you sent 5k to help him over his cash flow problems while he waited for EFL approval. Plus he had a five year plan and you would receive a bonus once we were in the Premier League.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When it comes to "marquee signings" I'm going over to the "phrases you hate" thread, and sticking it on there. 

It's a phrase that is just asking for trouble, whoever uses it.
  • Options
    Brown59 said:
    Oh dear here we go again. We will end up panic buying on the 31st like we always do with sub standard players. The fact is you have to pay over the odds to get players in now its that  simple. Looks like we're still trying to get players on the cheap even with money men behind us. Until LB signs players will not commit. 
    Whats the problem with his contract. 2 weeks it's been on offer!  I have big concerns over ESI. 
    Starting to get very concerned about the time Bowyer's contact us taking to sort out. They want him, he wants to stay. What's the problem????????
    The bright new future doesn't seem so bright anymore. A multi billionaire takes over the club, doesn't buy The Valley or SL, can't/won't give LB a contract that he wants to sign & transfer wise seems to be operating under the Belgians budget. What's going on, no wonder there's been people casting doubt over ESI ever since it was announced.
    At the time of the takeover I read that he was worth 15 Billion. Where did I read it ? Haven't the faintest idea as I was reading absolutely anything I could find about the takeover.

I haven't got sympathy, if you fell for the email that HE was worth 15 billion and could you sent 5k to help him over his cash flow problems while he waited for EFL approval. Plus he had a five year plan and you would receive a bonus once we were in the Premier League.
    Ha I'm not falling for that one though as it happens I'm already helping out a lovely old Nigerian Grandmother who's sending me 6 million once she's been able to instruct a solicitor to sort out her husbands business affairs. 10k well spent I think. 
  • Options
    Brown59 said:
    Probably why you're so negative, if your views are based on wrong information.
    Negative ? Me ?

Takeover announced & the Chairman is quoted the No.1 priority is to get LB & LT signed up to long term contracts.

Chairman quoted that LB contract will be dealt with after the Transfer window. LT rejects contract offer & one well connected person on here describes the offer as very low.

After LB comments in the press about wanting contract sorted by the weekend the Chairman announces during interview that a 5 year deal has been sent to LB that morning. What that 5 year deal amounts to we don't know but it's still sitting there unsigned with various reasons given.

In interview the chairman states that there will be marquee signings to ensure that we remain in the Championship, time & games are slipping by & we have 1 win in 16. It's unlikely that quality championship players will join a club heading for relegation. So  we're looking at decent League one players but can't/won't offer the wages so where next L2 ? National league south ?

In interview the chairman states that ESI own the club & the Valley with an obligation to purchase SL within 6 months. A week down the line we're hearing that we don't own the Valley at all but there is the obligation to buy within the next 6 months.

Negative ? Certainly very concerned, something doesn't sit right as far as I can see.  
    You were saying? 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:

Because the outstanding loans are not due and payable as I understand it.
  • Options
    Incomings: Green, looks okay,
    Outgoings: Gallagher, class act.

So not good so far.
    Incomings: Green, looks okay, Bowyer new contract.
    Outgoings: Gallagher, class act.

Finally some action.
  • Options
    signing Bowyer is a great start .. keep it up chaps
  • Options
    Now sign up Lyle and we'll definitely know you're a world away from Roland (ref Yann).
  • Options
    Bows has nicely put the pressure on chairman now to do something. Chairman appears to want to please people, so let's see!
  • Options
    they're quality, was never in doubt. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Now sign up Lyle and we'll definitely know you're a world away from Roland (ref Yann).
    Or ever other owner that sold a star player, oh that would be all of them then.

I am still pissed off with Roland for selling Hales and Walsh as well.  
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:

So they haven't been repaid but they're not due or repayable. Right. So I still don't get why people keep bringing them up like they're a big issue.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    bobmunro said:
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:

So they haven't been repaid but they're not due or repayable. Right. So I still don't get why people keep bringing them up like they're a big issue.
    I don't see how theyve ever been an issue, just great cover for the aussie consortium being skint, surely we're beyond that now?
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Chunes said:
    bobmunro said:
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:

I don't see how theyve ever been an issue, just great cover for the aussie consortium being skint, surely we're beyond that now?
    It's just people keep bringing it up like they are an issue... @airman_brown just said "the ex-director loans hadn't been repaid and they hadn't been told why not."

Well... Because they're not due? 
  • Options
    But wheres the fun in that?  There's a reason people were digging up skeletons before ESi even had their feet under the table and something tells me it's not driven  purely by a love for the club.
  • Options
    My personal view (and hope) is that they are looking to do just enough to keep us up this season, as this season (as far as pushing for promotion goes) is over already.

As long as we can get better with injuries etc, we already have a good enough squad to stay up comfortably, and I think they know this. 

I'm going to be judging them a lot more on the summer than the winter. This season is already over.