Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ESI: Thoughts so far?

Comments

• Options
    Early days still, but not convinced. I didn’t expect there to be question marks about full ownership at this stage nor a lack of signings. Given our history, it’s no surprise people are wary.
    Probably way off track here but I can’t help thinking of the Mark Hulyer takeover.
  • Options
    Too early to say. Will come back in a couple of weeks.
  • Options
    Bowyers reluctance to sign is speaking absolute volumes.
    Yes about his experience of the last owner in his first managerial role.
  • Options
    mascot88 said:
    I'm starting to think these lot are just a bunch of fakes... 

Southall talks about League one not messing up gulf investment opportunities, so chuffing what, the energy it took to get up was massive, the club is where in needs to be, INVEST you're supposed to be chuffing billionaires... 

It's a weird deal that's happened, no one wants to spend, the squad is decimated, looks like a painful death on the horizon, just when we thought, for ONCE we had hit a spot of safety and security. 

I'll judge on Feb 1st, but so far I don't like this at all. 

Frying pan into the fire
    Has anyone said that Nimer is a billionaire anywhere?
  • Options
    Brown59 said:
    Oh dear here we go again. We will end up panic buying on the 31st like we always do with sub standard players. The fact is you have to pay over the odds to get players in now its that  simple. Looks like we're still trying to get players on the cheap even with money men behind us. Until LB signs players will not commit. 
    Whats the problem with his contract. 2 weeks it's been on offer!  I have big concerns over ESI. 
    Post worthy of its own thread, surely.
    Starting to get very concerned about the time Bowyer's contact us taking to sort out. They want him, he wants to stay. What's the problem????????
    The bright new future doesn't seem so bright anymore. A multi billionaire takes over the club, doesn't buy The Valley or SL, can't/won't give LB a contract that he wants to sign & transfer wise seems to be operating under the Belgians budget. What's going on, no wonder there's been people casting doubt over ESI ever since it was announced.
    Where did you read our owner is a multi-billionaire? 
  • Options

Signing later this week if you believe SLP
  • Options
    All this billionaire waffle 
    do we even know his correct name ? 

• Options

Or where he’s from. I thought it was Abu Dhabi but I keep reading him described as a Syrian businessman 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Options

Or where he’s from. I thought it was Abu Dhabi but I keep reading him described as a Syrian businessman 🤷🏻‍♂️
    Someone from Dinamo contacted Romanian Ambassador from EAU and he said that Nimer is just an employee. Ok he’s not the janitor , but he’s not a billionaire. He works for the Royal House.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:

Signing later this week if you believe SLP
    One word stands out for me in that piece. COULD 
  • Options
    Lee Bowyer waiting on contract talks to be concluded with Johnnie Jackson and Andy Marshall before he signs his new deal.

Club have until midday today to register new signings to feature against Fulham tomorrow.

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Tahnoon Nimer
    Born Al Ain, Abu Dhabi.
    Chairman of Abu Dhabi Business Development which is/was:

The Private Office of HH Sheikh Saeed Bin Tahnoun Bin Mohd. Al Nahyan

But more recently ( yesterday!):

The Private Office of HE Tahnoon Nimer

Tahnoon Al Nasirat
    Born in Syria
    Director of East Street Investments Ltd (supposedly owners of Charlton Athletic football company Ltd)

As of yet there are no links to either of these two people to Charlton Athletic Football company Ltd at companies house where Roland Duchatelet is still listed as holding significant control.

One caveat is 

Panorama Magic General Contracting L.L.C. 

Who have significant control of East Street investments Ltd, but finding any sort of info on this company is hard to come by.

Confused
  • Options
    A little bit concerning
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    That is the way I see it. I never thought I would say this, but my remaining hope lies with the EFL taking their time and eventually sanctioning the deal.
  • Options
    Fans will go by action and what they see happen following words of intention. Southall wanted to wrap up Cullen and Leko as perm signings before he got involved, but since then has not managed loan replacements with his links as an agent, it kinda worries me.

• Options
    One thing that worried me recently was Southall saying we would be worth £240 million in the prem and that is an excellent return on what they have paid. So they just want to get us promoted and sell us. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2020
    I could live with that. Of course we have to get there first. Actually we have to avoid relegation to League One before anything!
  • Options
    No real view till the window closes, and probably not a fully defined one till the end of the summer one if are in the Championship. 
  • Options
    I'm still unwilling to judge at this stage, because I do believe the management deal is close, and I am sure that we don't know the half of what is going on, on the player recruitment side.

However, if we have brought no-one in for tomorrow's game, that will increase my neurosis level, that's for sure. In that respect I've got one question for those ITK at ground level. Does anybody know with any authority why we brought forward the game to tomorrow night? Right now, I cannot see a single advantage in playing terms to playing it tomorrow rather than next week. The only other rational reason I can think of for bringing it forward has very uncomfortable implications, reminding me of boatloads of rubber (you gotta be over 50 to know what I'm talking about there). But I am pretty sure there has to be a better explanation, anybody know?
  • Options
    'Panorama magic',  is a reference to the disappearing act theyl do if we go down. 
  • Options
    robroy said:
    One thing that worried me recently was Southall saying we would be worth £240 million in the prem and that is an excellent return on what they have paid. So they just want to get us promoted and sell us. 
    That's fine with me ! 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    I'm still unwilling to judge at this stage, because I do believe the management deal is close, and I am sure that we don't know the half of what is going on, on the player recruitment side.

However, if we have brought no-one in for tomorrow's game, that will increase my neurosis level, that's for sure. In that respect I've got one question for those ITK at ground level. Does anybody know with any authority why we brought forward the game to tomorrow night? Right now, I cannot see a single advantage in playing terms to playing it tomorrow rather than next week. The only other rational reason I can think of for bringing it forward has very uncomfortable implications, reminding me of boatloads of rubber (you gotta be over 50 to know what I'm talking about there). But I am pretty sure there has to be a better explanation, anybody know?
    Nah, I took it we wanted a cleaner run into the Barnsley game, and have a week/10days to prepare, while they have to go to Portsmouth in the cup on Saturday
    I think that’s entirely it.