Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Athletic v Fulham | Wednesday 22 January 2020 Post-match thread

Happy with a point. 

I thought we played quite well. Stabilised in midfield with Cullen and we held a decent Fulham side to few, if any, shots. 

0-0

Over to you.

Comments

• Happy with that. Slowly edging away from the bottom three.
  • First clean sheet since the Derby 3-0 win in October! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Only saw second half from the sky coverage!

alfie D kept running and running - very good both attacking wise and defensively in front of Matthews - crossing poor and seems to be very left footed!

oztumer - don’t know what he brought?

williams - class act , really driving force when he came on 

Pearce - just as much a liability as sarr - get rid of both in summer!

matthews and purrington - both looked solid enough , good players defending them from the wide area and the central midfield can only have helped! 

FKs- why do we play it so such awkward positions? Lump it to the player on his own surrounded by oppo shirts rather than just into the box

corners - similar to FKs, just lumped to the far lost hoping someone will head back across

GOOD point , let’s kick on now!!
  • Did Lyle wave goodbye? 

;) 
  • Ten days till our next match. 
    Now that Bowyer has signed I expect more good news before we smash Barnsley 5.0
  • Great to get a morale boosting point and a clean sheet with it. 

I was worried about this game a few days ago but once the starting line up and bench were announced things were a whole lot better. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Injured players back. Clean sheet. Point against third place. 

Proud of all the lads. Let’s start moving away from bottom 3. 
  • edited January 2020
    Good result, well done lads. Now we need to beat Barnsley.
  • edited January 2020
    Happy with that, midfield looked so much better, sign Taylor, Cullen and get Field fit. We do need more players and ESI that's over to you! We can stay up and build for next season's play off push. 
  • Crap game, fair result, and a good point. Eyes firmly on the transfer window 
  • While the stats were not good, the clean sheet and a point was priceless. We got some players coming back and the manager signed.

I think that we may well look back on today as a turning point.
    I believe you are right 
  • A very welcome point and clean sheet against a quality Fulham side. Builds a platform for the 6 pointers we have ahead of us as we move into February