Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kobe Bryant R.I.P

Comments

• Options
    RIP. Thoughts are with his family 
  • Options
    Sad news. One of the best NBA players of all time, second only to Michael Jordan in the two-guard position. Lucky enough to see him play at the O2 for the Lakers and also for the US Olympic team in 2012.

He could win games on his own and had the second highest number of points in a game with 81 against Toronto.

American sporting royalty, they will be in shock.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Apparently his daughters were on board.. absolutely tragic.

RIP 
  • Options
    Awful. A true icon and legend
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Apparently his daughters were on board.
    I've seen reports that this is not the case.  Let's not go there.  The news is bad enough.

RIP Kobe Bryant
  • Options
    shine166 said:

RIP 
    Conflicting reports on that one. Would wait until that is confirmed by multiple sources.
  • Options
    shine166 said:

RIP 
    Truly tragic if so, I'm hoping it's a case of people putting 2 and 2 together, the story is 5 on board all deceased, and he has 4 daughters, but fingers crossed that actually they are safe and sound and the family hasn't lost them all
  • Options
    "Heroes come and go, but legends are forever" - Kobe Bryant.

A true legend of the game and a man who transcended the sport of basketball. Even if you never followed basketball you'll almost certainly have heard of him. One of the most famous US sports stars of all time.

RIP.

• Options
    shine166 said:

RIP 
    Not true was reported by ABC but they made it up apparently and have since retracted it

No members of his family were aboard
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    This has me in a daze. Easily the third or 4th biggest athlete in the US, just ahead or behind Brady. The 90s Lakers were my team. Total shock. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Early reports say two of his four daughters among the dead.
  • Options
    Looks as tho his 13 year old daughter Gianna was in the helicopter based on TMZ last report, it was them who broke the initial story as well, so more likely to be a trust worthy source for this
  • Options
    BBC news just said one daughter with him. Terrible if true.
  • Options
    Tragic news RIP
  • Options
    Awful. RIP
  • Options
    RIP - think helicopters and private planes need looking into, the Leicester owner, sala and now Kobe Bryant arguably one of the best basketball players of all time. 
    .....out of how many flights though?
  • Options
    Terrible. RIP
  • Options
    Very sad, RIP
  • Options
    Truly stunned - very hard to comprehend. One of the greatest sportsmen ever.

Thoughts with his family.

RIP Kobe.
  • Options
    Puts a lot of things into perspective, a sporting giant, still so young, and has always come across as a devoted family man. Rest in Peace, condolences to the family. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not a fan of basketball in the least. But the fact that this has totally blindsided me speaks volumes for the fame and achievements of the man. And by all accounts a decent human being. RIP Kobe, his little girl and anyone else who lost their life.    
  • Options
    I don't watch basketball at all, but my understanding is that he's 1 of the biggest stars in the history of American sport, not just NBA. This will be huge news in the States.

RIP
  • Options
    Not just Kobe but his little girl too. Horrible. 

RIP King 
  • Options
    The BBC have caused up roar with their "tribute". They played footage of LeBron James.....how disrespectful is that?
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    The BBC have caused up roar with their "tribute". They played footage of LeBron James.....how disrespectful is that?
     That's ridiculous.

Rest in Peace Kobe, Gianna and all the others that died.

Tragic event, like the recent incidents, made worse by the death of a 13 year old.
  • Options
    saying 9 on board now. 
  • Options
    Do you mean just of LeBron James or including him? If it’s the former it’s at worst a bad mistake by the BBC, if the latter then some people need to get a grip.

RIP to all those that died.
  • Options
    RIP, desperately sad news
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Do you mean just of LeBron James or including him? If it’s the former it’s at worst a bad mistake by the BBC, if the latter then some people need to get a grip.

RIP to all those that died.
    Yeah making an error isn’t disrespectful - it’s exactly that, a (bad) mistake. 

Reports are now saying nine people died. Bloody hell.