Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nicholas Parsons RIP

2»

Comments

• Options
    RIP , saw him once as the Narrator in The Rocky Horror Show , very funny.
  • Options
    RIP saw him recently on an antiques programme and still looked fairly active 
  • Options
    To be honest, I thought he'd been gone a while. Can't complain at 96 though.........

• Options
    So alert, sharp and humorous whilst in his nineties as the chairman of "Just a Minute". Great respect. RIP.   
  • Options
    No, not Nicholas “bloody” Parsons!!!
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP. Amazing ability to still be that sharp in his 90s
  • Options
    RIP

Bugger, repetition.
  • Options
    Star star of one of the best Comic Strip episodes ‘Mr Jolly Lives Next Door’ RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Amazing guy to be that sharp at 96. I struggle with some of the challenges on JAM as it is, but he seems to have near perfect recollection.

Who's going to fill his shoes - it's a tough call. I think R4 got it spot on when they replaced Humphrey Littleton with Jack Dee. As much as I like Clive Anderson as a presenter though, I still don't think he's been able to fill Ned Sherrin's boots. It'll be a brave person that wants to take on Parsons' role.

RIP 
  • Options
    Nicholas Parsons WAS Just A Minute.

50 years plus from Clement Freud and Derek Nimmo as resident panellists to Paul Merton now.

That's before we think about all the other stuff he did.

RIP
  • Options
    Great memories. RIP.
  • Options
    Sharp to the very end. Great on just a minute
  • Options
    I met him at the Boat Show when I was young. He was very kind and friendly, taking time to have a chat to me. 
  • Options
    Another one gone that seems to have been in my life forever.
    RIP.....Nicholas.....RIP.
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    "And now from Norwich....it's the quiz of the week......"

Plus Peter Fenn on the organ. 

Back in the late 70's into the early 80's, I would spend Saturday mornings being coached at Finchley Cricket School. Nicholas Parsons used to have the net before me at 9am. He was enthusiastic but not much cop....and I used to think he was improperly dressed because he wore a white Fred Perry instead of a cricket shirt. Funny the things you remember....

That aside, he was an excellent broadcaster and a great servant to the Lords Taverners. 
    No repetition, well done :-)
    RIP
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    In memory of Nicholas Parsons, I watched Mr Jolly Lives Next Door at lunchtime. Bit scary to think that Parsons was 8 years older back then than Rik Mayall was when he died. 
  • Options
    I thought he was indestructible .. seemed to keep all his faculties right to the end .. R I P
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Grew up with JAM as my mum used to have it on the radio and listening to it up to the present day. Then later the quiz of the week of course. Seems like a true gent who lived a great life. RIP.
  • Options
    Rizzo said:
    In memory of Nicholas Parsons, I watched Mr Jolly Lives Next Door at lunchtime. Bit scary to think that Parsons was 8 years older back then than Rik Mayall was when he died. 

First thing I thought. I was more shocked that it was released 32 years ago!
  • Options
    I hope that, at the appropriate time, a minute's silence will be observed.  And there will be no interruptions. 
  • Options
    Star star of one of the best Comic Strip episodes ‘Mr Jolly Lives Next Door’ RIP
    One of my all time favourite comedies.
  • Options
    Ultimate professional RIP
  • Options
    Astonishingly sharp witted and articulate in his nineties hosting Just a minute,  just as he was at its inception in 1967.  A real pro.

RIP. 
  • Options
    Fantastic commitment and energy until the end. He should have been knighted for his contribution to entertainment. Never mind he is gong now 😉
    RIP 
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Saw him as the narrator in the Rocky Horror show.

End of show he whips off his trousers, wearing stockings.

RIP
  • Options
    Good memories as mentioned here. RIP