Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Shaun Bartlett: I Loved Charlton

Comments

• Options
    I always said I would never have a player's name on the back of my shirt unless it was the same as mine. So I was delighted when he signed, and I happened to be 37 at the time (his squad number) so it was obviously meant to be. When I went to the club shop and asked for the name on the back, the assistant said "You do know he's only on loan don't you?". Then I showed him my credit card and got an approving nod.  :)  
    American Express ? 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZF-U9nL9Ios
  • Options
    Typical Curbs signing and an integral part of why we were able to stay and occasionally compete in the Prem for as long as we did.
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Can’t get my head round the fact that it’s been TWENTY years since he signed?!
    You should put that on the things that make you feel old thread...
  • Options
    Goal he got at Spurs was better than the Leicester one
    As a team goal yeah, not as an individual one though.
  • Options
    He made a good save at Spurs as well. 
  • Options
    Always thought he could have been converted to a centre half.
    Apparently he used to be. An SA bloke I worked with was mates with Shaun as a youngster. He told me that he played centre half but one day had to play up front. Scored a hat trick and never looked back 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Reverse pic
  • Options
    Always thought he could have been converted to a centre half.
    Apparently he used to be. An SA bloke I worked with was mates with Shaun as a youngster. He told me that he played centre half but one day had to play up front. Scored a hat trick and never looked back 
    Shame we didn’t try as we might have got a couple of extra years out him.
  • Options
    Never scored enough goals nor did any striker in our Prem days until Bent 
  • Options
    What was his debut, two headers at the covered end?  One early? Newton cross? 
  • Options
    Shaun Bartlett ? Wasn't his debut against Man U & he had a couple of great early headers at the Jimmy Seed end ?
  • Options
    Debut was away to Liverpool, home debut was the United game. 
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Come on everyone get voting.

Just under 2 hours left, dont let Gerrard beat him

• Options
    Best Charlton goal I ever saw at the Valley... bloody Robin Van Persie making me have to caveat 'Charlton goals only'
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1 hour and 10 to go.

Gerrard still ahead 52%/48%
  • Options
    Bartlett lost

• Options
    This bloke you mean, Len?  :D

James Melville on Twitter Lets remind Nigel_Farage that even he thinks  that a 52-48 result in the EU referendum would be unfinished business  Brexit httpstcomaWVeZmMiV
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    He made a good save at Spurs as well. 

It cost him a red card and us a penalty. But yeah, brilliant full length diving save!

• Options
    Used to love his and the Fish pre match warm up routine.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
  • Options
    Jonniesta said:
    Best Charlton goal I ever saw at the Valley... bloody Robin Van Persie making me have to caveat 'Charlton goals only'
    Should have had a straight red foe a horrible tackle earlier in the game. 
    Should have also been booked for his celebration when jumping into the arsenal fans. 
    I left the valley that day feeling totally cheated. 
    And he shinned the volley. Not a patch on Bartlett’s goal...