Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Much as it galls me to praise Liverpool

Comments

• Options
    Always liked Klopp until his utter disrespect to the FA Cup a couple of weeks ago
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Can’t stand the whole victim aspect aswell as the whole scouse not English carry on - yes the sun were wankers and I in full agreement ,

The constant hijacking and whinging of there fans is tedious I also find klopp an arrogant wanker - loved him at Dortmund but now not so much. 
    I honestly doubt that a high % of Liverpool fans either have a genuine victim complex or don’t consider themselves English. 

Edit - meant Liverpool fans that are actually from Liverpool 
  • Options
    Always liked Klopp until his utter disrespect to the FA Cup a couple of weeks ago
    Yeah in fairness that was really poor. 

Liverpool have had a massive amount of games though, I understood where he was coming from. I don’t think the FA helped them at all and Klopp was frustrated. 
  • Options

Liverpool have had a massive amount of games though, I understood where he was coming from. I don’t think the FA helped them at all and Klopp was frustrated. 
    He should have been there at least. 
  • Options

He was always gonna play the kids against shrewsbury at home tho.  
  • Options
    Lets see if he plays full youth team and doesn't turn up at chelsea away in the next round
  • Options
    Incredible to think that this will be their first Premier League title in the 'modern era'. Even more astounding considering the distance they are going to win it by.

I'm sure there is a statistician/historian out there with the answer but I'd be interested to know the last time a team won a major league title for the first time in decades AND with such a gap between the team in 2nd place. 
  • Options

He should have been there at least. 
    I agree. Even if he played the youngsters to not manage them was poor. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:
    Can’t stand the whole victim aspect aswell as the whole scouse not English carry on - yes the sun were wankers and I in full agreement ,

The constant hijacking and whinging of there fans is tedious I also find klopp an arrogant wanker - loved him at Dortmund but now not so much. 
    I honestly doubt that a high % of Liverpool fans either have a genuine victim complex or don’t consider themselves English. 

Edit - meant Liverpool fans that are actually from Liverpool 
    Would imagine a lot of the kop end are proper scousers and have banners etc with Scouse not English etc. 

It’s like saying Celtics hard core supporters ( green brigade ) don’t align themselves with ira beliefs 

and that rangers don’t love the loyalist aspect to the support 

it’s what makes the clubs what they are. 

Also another reason why Liverpool are disliked is there behaviour caused teams missing out on Europe although one of these was palace so not too bad.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Club World Cup started in 2000. European Cup was a knockout tournament all the way through from the first round until the Champions League started. The League Cup is 60 years old, the FA Cup is the oldest knockout competition in the world. 

I think Jurgen, along with Pepe and Jose and all the others, will find, if they look beyond the end of their noses, that these extra games that they so loath are a consequence of allowing all and sundry (i.e. teams that aren't "Champions" or even runners up to the Champions) into the "Champions" League so that they can have a dull, multi-game group stage before the real stuff starts in February. Would be very refreshing if one of them actually pointed the blame in this direction. Wishful thinking.
    What counts as disrespecting the FA cup though? I can’t remember the last time we played a full strength team in an FA cup campaign. A lot of clubs do it now. 

The reason is irrelevant really. They can put out an under strength team and win, as they have showed. But the position is that big clubs do have a lot of matches, and a lot of them players have International games too. 
  • Options
    Had a freebie to see Norwich to play Liverpool yesterday.
    Have been watching football for over sixty years and don't think I've ever seen a team so individually technically skilled and so well organised.
    Although they only won by a single goal, (all credit to Norwich), any other result would have been a travesty.
    They were so dominant.
    Their passing so slick and movement off the ball was excellent.
    It looked at times as if they had more players than Norwich on the pitch.
    I was behind the goal and had a good view of Van Dijk and our own (well he was our own) Jo Gomez and the pair were absolute class.
    Man of the match for me Jordan Henderson.
    He's had a few of those this year!

I also don't get the vitriol with Liverpool. They are an incredible football club and getting back to where they belong.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Sheffield utd though. God to think we could have had Wilder here. 

And Leicester for the second time in 4 seasons. That's quality.
  • Options
    Klopp is a great manager.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    True.

Ciuld he take a L1 side to top 6 prem like Wilder though, eh?
  • Options
    Fantastic club and having an unbelievable season. Good on them.
    Fantastic team . Don’t see how they are more fantastic a club than anyone else . 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    True.

w

Maybe.....who knows..

Could Wilder do what Klopp has done......maybe who knows.
  • Options
    True.

w

Maybe.....who knows..

Could Wilder do what Klopp has done......maybe who knows.
    Great reply. There has to be a different skillset.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    wmcf123 said:
    Fantastic club and having an unbelievable season. Good on them.
    Fantastic team . Don’t see how they are more fantastic a club than anyone else . 
    Very notable history, success, worldwide recognition, massive support and iconic institution.

There's levels of clubs in football. Whilst all clubs will be special to their own fans many will be an irrelevance to non supporters.

Wigan, MK Dons, Luton and probably the majority of others out of the 92 don't have the same gravitas or legacy as the likes of liverpool or Manchester United.

• Options
    Liverpool have had some great players and managers and offer a pretty unique position in English club history. They deserve recognition.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Club World Cup started in 2000. European Cup was a knockout tournament all the way through from the first round until the Champions League started. The League Cup is 60 years old, the FA Cup is the oldest knockout competition in the world. 

I think Jurgen, along with Pepe and Jose and all the others, will find, if they look beyond the end of their noses, that these extra games that they so loath are a consequence of allowing all and sundry (i.e. teams that aren't "Champions" or even runners up to the Champions) into the "Champions" League so that they can have a dull, multi-game group stage before the real stuff starts in February. Would be very refreshing if one of them actually pointed the blame in this direction. Wishful thinking.
    At least they put a team in. Back in 2000 (I think) Man United pulled out of the FA Cup because of the World Club championship. At the time I thought they could have fielded a youth team at least.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Hadn't realised this but if they remain unbeaten all season they get a special gold Premier League Trophy
  • Options
    Hadn't realised this but if they remain unbeaten all season they get a special gold Premier League Trophy
    Nooooooooooooooooloooooooooooooooo
  • Options
    Nooooooooooooooooloooooooooooooooo
    Yeah Arsenal received the same apparently, its smaller in size but has their Win, Draw and Loss record engraved on the bottom apparently.