Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Oregon or Nevada road trip

2»

Comments

• Options
    holyjo said:
    SDAddick said:
    So I'm biased because I live in Oregon, but Oregon is incredibly beautiful. You have beautiful mountain ranges and lakes and then beaches that are really pretty (different to SoCal beaches). There's no sales tax here. A lot of films/TV series are set/filmed in the Pacific Northwest because the area has a character to it. Would definitely recommend that for filmmaking. 
    Thanks SD - any chance I could pick your brains on a few bits ?
    Yeah of course. Feel free to do it here or DM me (I'm notoriously bad at forgetting to reply to DMs so I apologize in advance, but I'll try and keep an eye out)
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:
    I'm not an expert on fishing, but have seen many anglers river fishing in Oregon.  The salmon are huge! Both the Rogue and Umpqua rivers are beautiful and have lots of fish, but I think you need permits,  You may be able to get day passes?

I'd suggest SF - Crater Lake; north to Bend; on via John Day fossil beds to the Columbia River at The Dalles.  Then turn west, take in the waterfalls along the river to Portland. Carry on to Astoria then head south along the coast cutting inland for fishing as and when. That route you would get some lovely scenery plus the drinking and fishing you wanted.
    These are all good suggestions. I could probably help sort you out for permits and stuff if you needed it. May be easier to have someone here do it. My ex lives off of the Umqua and there's some absolutely stunning scenery around there. 

The thing about Oregon is, pretty much anywhere you go is going to be pretty. 
  • Options
    I note that tonight's Ben Fogle Lives in the Wild program features the 'wilds of Oregon'.  9 o'clock on channel 5.