Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fans Bar type facility in the East Stand ?

I have been having a dialogue with Ravi about this. Unlike the North Stand fans bar and the variety of lounges in the West Stand , the East Stand is a desert for lounge type facilities to drink & eat before and after games. The recent - very welcome- upturn in attendances has made it very difficult to gain access to the North Stand fans Bar after 1pm and if you are seated in the East Stand its started to become difficult to access after the game now 
I’d like to see the club provide a lounge facility in the East Stand - although I recognise it may be very difficult to find a suitable location. What do you guys think - if it were feasible - would you use it ?

Comments

• edited February 2020
    Would love this! 
    Fans bar is very handy, but finding it a
    necessity to leave earlier and earlier in order to get into crossbars! 

No idea if there is even scope to open/build a fans lounge - but can only be a good thing surely!? 

Perhaps what would be a preferable idea is to roof over/cover the easy stand concourse and Provide more smaller drink and food stalls (like the real ale stand) and the like? 
  • A sky bar hanging from the roof would be cool, like they have at the new White Hart Lane. Recognise would take a pretty significant investment (and probably a new roof).
  • could level out the slope that runs along the back of the stand. have stairs to access. some sort of roof for the elements with nice outside type furniture dotted about. also maybe make a smoking area as its outdoors rather than police the stairs by the memorial garden. 
  • then again they cant even open up the real ale bar so i doubt they would build a whole new area
  • Could we build at the height of gangway at the rear of the boxes towards the Floyd road entrance. An entrance to the top of the stairs into the Family stand may allow for toilets for use of those in the family stand.
  • I doubt they would just go to the expense right now of building a bar because I suspect there may be plans for extensive ground improvements, which would certainly include a bar for The East Stand..
  • Is the turnstile area behind the east stand (lansdowne mews area) used? 
    Large area there that could be utilised for outside bar area with more space...
  • sammy391 said:
    Is the turnstile area behind the east stand (lansdowne mews area) used? 
    You've got disabled parking over on the left hand side
  • shine166 said:
    sammy391 said:
    You've got disabled parking over on the left hand side
    They wont have far to go to the bar then 
    Brilliant 😂😂
  • Sponsored links:

• With the East Stand being a relatively simple single tier structure built into the hill, there isn't really much spare space to build anything else there, unlike with the West and CE.

I actually quite like the open air nature of the concourse, it's not as if it rains that often on matchdays!
  • Under this new regime I’m happy to spend time and money in the fans’ bar. These days it fills up quickly so go elsewhere. I think Peter Varney once outlined plans for a second tier on the East. This would allow for a bar / lounge at the back, but I imagine costs would be prohibitive at the moment. We definitely need something better though. 
  • Even without the previously proposed development, the best you could get behind the east would be like the old Upton Park Long Room. As it stands at the moment emergency vehicles can drive up the back of the stand.
  • Ferryman said:
    Even without the previously proposed development, the best you could get behind the east would be like the old Upton Park Long Room. As it stands at the moment emergency vehicles can drive up the back of the stand.
    Catering vans need access as well. It is why I suggested building it at the bridge height and by going from the family stand to the wall you would not be interfering with any future plans for the Eaststand. It is also the widest point I think.
  • sammy391 said:
    What about that grey roofed structure at the top of the picture? Looks like an ideal space, just possibly occupied by a going concern.
  • sammy391 said:
    What about that grey roofed structure at the top of the picture? Looks like an ideal space, just possibly occupied by a going concern.
    Existing small business spaces.
  • Did the club sell that space where the houses where being built? That was the prime location wasn't it for expansion? 

• A gezebo type roof with fixed metal tables and stools fixed to the outer wall would work and be quite cheap to do I would imagine.
  • Tangential bump..

Is the Sam Bartram entrance in Lansdowne Mews still in use? It was asked above and no answer given. I have tickets for Saturday which say turnstile 41- 54 but Harvey Gardens stops at 49 as far as i can tell. Seats are in East block A so use of Lansdowne Mews would make sense. (No info on official site or the Print at home ticket other than the turnstile numbers) 
  • Yes, Bartram entrance still in use afaik
  • Sponsored links:

afaik?
  • Just looked it up......”as far as I know.”
    afaik?
    Its Arabic, he is practicing for when His Excellency appears at Bromley Addicks.
    Members only
    afaik?
    Its Arabic, he is practicing for when His Excellency appears at Bromley Addicks.
    I expect The Mayor would turn up for that one.....fame at last Henry.....surely that would get you that long awaited promote!
  • Tangential bump..

Is the Sam Bartram entrance in Lansdowne Mews still in use? It was asked above and no answer given. I have tickets for Saturday which say turnstile 41- 54 but Harvey Gardens stops at 49 as far as i can tell. Seats are in East block A so use of Lansdowne Mews would make sense. (No info on official site or the Print at home ticket other than the turnstile numbers) 
    Yes. I’ve used it several times this season. Usually only two gates open but rarely any queues. 
  • Thanks very much. Expecting the queues to be very messy with a full house
  • Thanks very much. Expecting the queues to be very messy with a full house
    Not with Storm Dennis, you'd have to REALLY desperate to queue for 20 minutes in the rain and wind to get a lousy burger and lager!