Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fans Bar type facility in the East Stand ?

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2020
    rina said:
    sammy391 said:
    Is the turnstile area behind the east stand (lansdowne mews area) used? 
    Large area there that could be utilised for outside bar area with more space...
    what on earth is the white building, top left? it looks like the setting for a horror movie
    All those years walking past it to the East Terrace and I never even realised it!
  • Options
    Thanks very much. Expecting the queues to be very messy with a full house
    Not with Storm Dennis, you'd have to REALLY desperate to queue for 20 minutes in the rain and wind to get a lousy burger and lager!
    Speaking about turnstile queues here my friend, not open air queuing for 'refreshments'
  • Options
    It’s the area where we use to bunk in the old days. 
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    T_C_E said:
    Solidgone said:
    FFS, keep it quiet.
    some of us still can’t afford the hike in pensioners ticket prices and use that corner to get in with the aid of a carer! 😂
    Good point but the chances of me climbing over the wall is now zero. I do supposed the club could put a Stannah lift by the Wall for us elderly folk?
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    T_C_E said:
    Solidgone said:
    FFS, keep it quiet.
    some of us still can’t afford the hike in pensioners ticket prices and use that corner to get in with the aid of a carer! 😂
    Good point but the chances of me climbing over the wall is now zero. I do supposed the club could put a senna lift by the Wall for us elderly folk?
    Would this senna lift take you straight to the East Stand loos?  Hope they're working!
  • Options
    N01R4M said:
    Solidgone said:
    T_C_E said:
    Solidgone said:
    FFS, keep it quiet.
    Good point but the chances of me climbing over the wall is now zero. I do supposed the club could put a senna lift by the Wall for us elderly folk?
    Would this senna lift take you straight to the East Stand loos?  Hope they're working!
    Oops...Stannah Lifts
  • Options
    N01R4M said:
    Solidgone said:
    T_C_E said:
    Solidgone said:
    FFS, keep it quiet.

Ayrton Senna made lifts?   Blimey you learn something new every day...
  • Options
    Great idea if the space can be found. With the upturn in support to is increasingly difficult to get into the Fans Bar for those of us who travel on Valley Express
  • Options
    I suppose with enough money, and good engineering, the grassy bank that still exists behind the East Stand could have quite a big facility. 
    It seems like there is more than enough actual space, and I would've thought any development work there would not especially impinge on our neighbours.
    As I say, good design and engineering could create something nice.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Great idea if the space can be found. With the upturn in support to is increasingly difficult to get into the Fans Bar for those of us who travel on Valley Express
    Got a feeling that with the Fans Bar being so busy so early these days the club might reintroduce membership fees to get in as part of the increase in matchday revenue needed and might be one of those decisions MS has said we might not like.

I'm only speculating got no info but would it be such a bad thing if the club took control of the catering at the club again and was able to offer better value food and drink within The Fans Bar even if it meant a small annual subscription fee?
  • Options
    Got a feeling that with the Fans Bar being so busy so early these days the club might reintroduce membership fees to get in as part of the increase in matchday revenue needed and might be one of those decisions MS has said we might not like.

I'm only speculating got no info but would it be such a bad thing if the club took control of the catering at the club again and was able to offer better value food and drink within The Fans Bar even if it meant a small annual subscription fee?
    I'd be keen on paying a membership, also please bring food back in house.. crossbars is pretty poor and you cant even get gravy to have with your pie ! Wtf is that all about. 
  • Options
    I like crossbars as it's very handy and easy with the kids, however at the moment you need to be in there by about 12.45 to avoid queuing and the barstaff are generally beyond stupid.

have got to go in there tomorrow as my group are meeting someone, however after tomorrow we are relocating our pre-match drinking
  • Options
    I think after the success of the training ground ditch, maybe this project could be given to the COO to oversee?
  • Options
    rina said:
    sammy391 said:
    Is the turnstile area behind the east stand (lansdowne mews area) used? 
    Large area there that could be utilised for outside bar area with more space...
    what on earth is the white building, top left? it looks like the setting for a horror movie
    It’s a supported housing building 
  • Options
    The year or two my ST was in East Stand they had some excellent real ale and cider franchises. Perhaps we could do similar again.