Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New signing - Svetoslav Todorov

Comments

• Options
    Teamtalk right for once shocker !!

Addicks swoop for Todorov

Svetoslav Todorov has agreed to join Championship outfit Charlton on a one-year deal after turning down a new deal at Portsmouth.
    Todorov has agreed to join the Addicks after rejecting the chance of a return to Bulgaria with Levski Sofia.

Leicester, Stoke and Wigan were all quickly linked with a move for the 28-year-old after he turned down the offer of a new deal from Portsmouth

But Charlton have won the race to sign the Bulgaria international.

He told Darik radio: "Everything happened really fast, I passed the medicals and am training with Charlton."
  • Options
    Fantastic!!!
  • Options
    Oiii Henry, wheres my text about this?
  • Options
    Top signing, great experience in the CCC, scored the goals that won Portsmouth the title a fews years ago, if he stays fit it's a darn good signing, well done Pards, if this is true of course
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]Oiii Henry, wheres my text about this?

It's not official until Addickted run the story. : - )

Good signing if it turns out to be true, especially if he has passed a medical.
  • Options
    It's all True baby..!
  • Options
    if he stays fit is of course the crux of the matter.

When fit, he has an excellent first touch, good movement and energy and i think a decent football brain. Is his finishing up to standard ??
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]if he stays fit is of course the crux of the matter.

When fit, he has an excellent first touch, good movement and energy and i think a decent football brain. Is his finishing up to standard ??

Definitely ... Sunday League standard!!!
  • Options
    does this put paid to eastwood signing?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]does this put paid to eastwood signing?

I hope not

Fingers crossed its the end of Marcus!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    "He comes from Bulgaria
    He's had every injury bar malaria"

OK then, it will have to be

"Oh Toddy-Toody, Toddy, Toddy, Toddy, Toddy, Todorov"
  • Options
    so if Marcus goes it'll be Varney, Toddy, Dicko, Big Chris and possibly Eastwood. More than good enough to get us enough goals to go up. Would be happy with that lot. If not Eastwood then AN Other.
  • Options
    I love it when we sign players with a terrible injury record.

He can keep Gibbs and Reid company although three is a crowd
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite] If not Eastwood then AN Other.

Eastwood signed for Wolves today.

As for Bent, its one thing wanting a player out, its another thing another club wanting him....
  • Options
    Wolves agreed a fee for Eastwood but not signed but who needs him now we have Toddy, Luke, and Big Chris fighting it out it play alongside Marcus.
  • Options
    anyone got any stats on Todorov ?
  • Options
    With the mandatory "if its true" prefix, this might be a v good signing. Seem to recall him scoring in bursts like James Beattie, but having an understandable barren spell after a couple of howlers under the bar were highlighted on tv, but as Rothko observed, good promotion-winning season for Pompey, and we might've been concerned if he'd signed for a potential top six rival. If he scores early for us, he could get loads. If he's injured too often, it's only a one-season deal. Interesting too that he was prepared to take it - shame M Bent wasn't! Perhaps he'll get a chance to see up close what being a target man is like.
  • Options
    People forgetting little Chris as well
  • Options
    I think he can play wide?? Ketman?
  • Options
    rothko do you really think Dickson will get many games next year?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2007
    [cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]I think he can play wide?? Ketman?

Yeah we have bought him to play Centre half as Pards believes in the Curbs way, if you cannot play at least 18 other positions you don't play. :-)
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]rothko do you really think Dickson will get many games next year?[/quote]

Dunno, if he starts off banging them in during pre season, and looks the part in the stiffs, who knows
  • Options
    Has anyone seen anything of Walker - they've given him a new deal whilst letting a lot of other youngsters go, so Pards must see something in him
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]rothko do you really think Dickson will get many games next year?

Dunno, if he starts off banging them in during pre season, and looks the part in the stiffs, who knows

i suppose so. i'm disappointed we've missed out on eastwood and signed a massive sicknote. i'm normally positive and can see why we've made this signing but our record of signing sicknotes, in the hope that we'll sort them out, isn't great. i've actually got higher hopes of dickson than todorov. (this is my most negative post ever)
  • Options
    I was hoping to have a look at Dickson at Tooting next week.In a way I expect to see Marcus now, if he has indeed slid down the pecking order.
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RSBWkJIyRo

looks like he could play off Marcus :- 0
  • Options
    33 goals in 54 starts (23 sub apps) for Pompey. I didn't realise his record was that good.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Paddy Powell[/cite]33 goals in 54 starts (23 sub apps) for Pompey. I didn't realise his record was that good.

only 77 games since 2002 is pretty terrible though
  • Options
    am i being too demanding but it's all very well they have a sentence from him on teamtalk/addickted but where's the OS confirmation/lightning speed text we've been getting so promptly recently?
  • Options
    Perhaps its not a done deal yet. Passed his medical and started training etc...but hasn't actually signed the contract yet, hence no official announcement