Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New signing - Svetoslav Todorov

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]am i being too demanding but it's all very well they have a sentence from him on teamtalk/addickted but where's the OS confirmation/lightning speed text we've been getting so promptly recently?
    Sorry i've been in a meeting. I'll get it up in a minute! Give me a chance.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Paddy Powell[/cite]33 goals in 54 starts (23 sub apps) for Pompey. I didn't realise his record was that good.

only 77 games since 2002 is pretty terrible though

Yeah, that is very poor, but I still think a one year deal is a risk worth taking.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Peakie_Rocket[/cite]Has anyone seen anything of Walker - they've given him a new deal whilst letting a lot of other youngsters go, so Pards must see something in him

Walker is thinking it over. I reckon he'll see that he's sixth choice and go.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]If not Eastwood then AN Other.

Eastwood signed for Wolves today.

As for Bent, its one thing wanting a player out, its another thing another club wanting him....

Fee agreed, terms agreed, not signed. Wolves say hope to tie it up in next few days, could be too late by then. I'd rather have Chopra anyway.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Peakie_Rocket[/cite]Has anyone seen anything of Walker - they've given him a new deal whilst letting a lot of other youngsters go, so Pards must see something in him

Walker is thinking it over. I reckon he'll see that he's sixth choice and go.

Unless he has another offer he's be foolish to do so, IMHO. Only have to look at Charlie McDonald to see what can happen.

Surely better to spend a year with Charlton, perhaps out on loan and then find another club or stay that throw yourself on the open market.

Pards seems to want a small first team squad and to get the younger players out on loan so people like Aswad Thomas, Walker, Dickson and Beasley may well have more chance to develop than the recent kids who Curbs wouldn't loan - Parkinson kept asking for Sam when he was a Colchester but Curbs won't let him go. Playing regualr Div 3 or Div 4 football will be better for them and we might even get some money or a first team player.
  • Options
    honestly chopra isn't that good at all, he has no stand out attributes, not especially quick/strong/good in the air/good at finishing and has scored goals for just one season - eastwood is far far better
  • Options
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Svetoslav_Todorov

33 goals in 77 games for Pompey, although 26 were in one season - 2003/4 when Pompey were promoted, but a cruciate ligament injury thereafter cut down his games.

I'm guessing that he's on a one year deal to see if he can still cut it and can prove that he's fit enough for professional football. This could be a brilliant bargain, or he could turn out to have lost it, in which case as he's a free signing we won't have lost much. Essentially looks a bit of a gamble to me, but maybe one worth taking.
  • Options
    From Pompey fan:

'Excellent Championship striker for us ....won the golden boot the year we won the championship with 26 goals if i recall correctly ... and an all-round decent bloke to boot!

Regretably was never able to really prove if he could deliver the goods in the Premiership week in, week out due to initially a bad injury, and then problems with niggly injury issues and general fitness problems combined with the lack of a run in the side etc.

All the best Toddy - really hope hope it goes well for you (and dont forget to bang in a hatrick against the scum!)'
  • Options
    he seems like what happened to Clive when we went up but hopefully now Todorov's injuries are behind him and he can get back to form - unlike Clive
  • Options
    Am very very happy about this!

The Weaver thing however, leaves me very very cold.