Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How Do We 'Get At It' For Luton?

Comments

• Options
    The crowd will 'get at it' when they see the players 'getting at it.' Simples.
  • Options
    We always bounce back after a dire performance in the next game. We'll beat Luton.
  • Options
    addick19 said:
    The crowd will 'get at it' when they see the players 'getting at it.' Simples.
    I didn't mean us, i meant the players!
  • Options
    You get the team right in terms of creativity - if we have the players available. Then you don't try to chase the game but win the battles and take it from there. 
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    I would like to see us start without two defensive minded midfielders, or if we have Davis/Pratley and Cullen on, give Cullen license to get forwards more like he did in that game against Reading. 
  • Options
    I would like to see us start without two defensive minded midfielders, or if we have Davis/Pratley and Cullen on, give Cullen license to get forwards more like he did in that game against Reading. 
    Cullen got forward properly once yesterday that I recall and his shot was well saved by Walton.

My impression in the immediate aftermath yesterday was that we were well beaten but on reflection Walton did keep them in it with some decent saves.

Overall though I have to say through gritted teeth that Blackburn deserved to win.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2020
    We did. I think Davies is ok, but you put a bit of flair and creativity in and around him if you can. Smith may improve, but at the moment he gives us nothing. I'd rather have Morgan playing.
  • Options
    If the players can't raise themselves for a crucial relegation battle then we have a bigger problem than we thought. 
  • Options
    Play your best 11 players in their positions every week, stop all this fucking about with the team, the players need to put their bodies on the line for the next 13 games without being wrapped in cotton wool.

• Options
    Bowyer will go back to the starting XI that beat Barnsley (Oztumer in for Williams if he isn't fit) and we will win comfortably.
  • Options
    Bowyer will go back to the starting XI that beat Barnsley (Oztumer in for Williams if he isn't fit) and we will win comfortably.
    Well he should have played him yesterday then, Bower, Southall and everyone else at the club have all been urging us to snap up the tickets for the Blackburn game, get The Valley rocking and make some noise.

What's the point if you stick out a team you know is weak from the off.
  • Options
    Well he should have played him yesterday then, Bower, Southall and everyone else at the club have all been urging us to snap up the tickets for the Blackburn game, get The Valley rocking and make some noise.

Beating Luton is more important than beating Blackburn.
    So I think Bowyer has not taken any chances with injuries to ensure we have the best possible 11 for next week.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Whilst I want us to play on the front foot, we will have to be patient against Luton. Let's just have some creativity in the side. 
  • Options

So I think Bowyer has not taken any chances with injuries to ensure we have the best possible 11 for next week.
    Maybe they should have made the game v Luton a fiver a pop then, they cannot have it both ways.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Maybe they should have made the game v Luton a fiver a pop then, they cannot have it both ways.
    Sorry Mike but Lee Bowyer doesn't select his team based on the ticket price of the game and nor should he. 
    I was not suggesting that CE, however I still think he makes too many changes, that game yesterday was winnable, it will all be for nothing if we lose against Luton. 
  • Options
    Learn how to past a ball to a red shirt would be a good start.
  • Options
    That is what you meant, right??
  • Options

Go back to the back 4, and play full backs, not wing backs. Pack out the midfield and press from the get-go. Cullen, Pratley and Williams/Oz will need to work their socks off. 

Would go with Williams but not sure on fitness, so Oz may need to fill in which I wouldn't mind too much, thought he was decent enough against Forest and surprised he didn't get minutes on Saturday.

Doughty needs to be further up the pitch, he has too many defensive frailties to be playing LWB in my opinion.  

Start like this:

Phillips

Matthews Lockyer Sarr Purrington

Pratley       Cullen

Green    Williams/Oztumer    Doughty.

Taylor  

Have the options of Bonne/Hemed/Chuks/McGeady on the bench.

• Options

Sorry Mike but Lee Bowyer doesn't select his team based on the ticket price of the game and nor should he. 
    I was not suggesting that CE, however I still think he makes too many changes, that game yesterday was winnable, it will all be for nothing if we lose against Luton. 
    just remind me how many changes we made from the win at Notts Forest? 
  • Options
    we are so inconsistent .. constant team changes don't help, the result of too many injuries and perhaps too much tinkering ..
     Luton had a good win on Saturday. Like us they are inconsistent, thankfully, even more so than we are  ..  they have won 3 out of the last 5 .. they have a speedy attack, a decent midfield but a defence that seems to switch off at the worst possible moments.
    To beat them we need to attack them from the off and to stop making terrible fuck ups in defence .. a similar performance as v Forest should do it .. pretty straightforward really ((:>)
  • Options
    We are not good enough to be consistent, but that applies to a few clubs in this league.
  • Options
    I would like to see the diamond, as I want to see us push Cullen further forwards when we have the ball. However with Gallagher out I struggle to see who plays the left side of that diamond. I thought Davies was meant to be a bit more dynamic then Pratley, but I've not really seen that yet. Think Smith could potentially play there, and would love to see Williams but not sure he is robust enough.

If Williams was I would like to see:

Phillips
    Matthews Lockyer Sarr Purrington
                      Pratley
                Cullen   Williams
                      Oztumer
                   Green Taylor

Amos, Deji, Doughty, McGeady, Aneke, Hemed, Bonne 

That pivot of Cullen, Williams and Oztumer would play some nice ball foot I reckon.