Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How Do We 'Get At It' For Luton?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Leave out Hemed, play one of Oztumer or Williams (whichever is fit), play Macauley Bonne up with Taylor, restore Pratley to his role protecting the back 4 and instruct Phillips under no circumstances to give Lockyer the ball on the floor.
    Clobber Collins and Mpanzu early doors.  Score a 2nd goal just before halftime and then take the Bedfordshire upstarts apart throughout the 2nd half.  Rub their noses in it, mercilessly take the piss and wave them all off home early.

• Options
    They are gonna do the double over us
  • Options
    recently I thought and opined on here that Barnsley and Luton were already goners .. well .. both had good away wins this weekend gone .. Barnsley 3-0 at Luton must be one of the best performances this year (or even season) .. Luton always look good even when losing .. it's vital that we win these proverbial 6 pointers .. as I said above the priority MUST be to cut out silly defensive errors .. 
  • Options
    Play players who want to play for the club - bring back Prately & Solly
    Phillips, Solly, Lockyer, Sarr , Doughty, Greene, Prately, Cullen, Williams, Taylor & Bonne 
    Pearce, Matthews and Davies are not up to it in this division.
    If we go in front then don't revert back to defending as we normally do. 
  • Options
    Phillips, Solly, Lockyer, Sarr , Doughty, Greene, Prately, Cullen, Williams, Taylor & Bonne 
    Matthews wasn't great on Saturday (who was?) but to say he's not capable of playing in this division is just plain wrong.
  • Options
    If we are as bad in midfield against Luton as we were on Saturday we'll struggle. Hope to see Oztumer or Williams adding some creativity.

Doughty was poor defensively against Blackburn and Luton may target him. Time for 4 at the back? Purrington, Lockyer, Sarr and Matthews.
  • Options

Go back to the back 4, and play full backs, not wing backs. Pack out the midfield and press from the get-go. Cullen, Pratley and Williams/Oz will need to work their socks off. 

Would go with Williams but not sure on fitness, so Oz may need to fill in which I wouldn't mind too much, thought he was decent enough against Forest and surprised he didn't get minutes on Saturday.

Doughty needs to be further up the pitch, he has too many defensive frailties to be playing LWB in my opinion.  

Start like this:

Phillips

Matthews Lockyer Sarr Purrington

Pratley       Cullen

Green    Williams/Oztumer    Doughty.

Taylor  

Have the options of Bonne/Hemed/Chuks/McGeady on the bench.

I like the look of that.  I have Bowyer will do everything possible to get them fired up.  We have more often than not responded after a defeat when we didn’t look at the races.  Will be very tough, kudos for Luton for not falling away and showing great fight in their last 2 games.  I felt we could’ve been more aggressive at theirs earlier in the season and I found it frustrating to watch even with the injuries.  I think for me it’s back 4 at home from now on, back 5 away 
  • Options
    Luton are bottom three for a reason. 
    Pick an attacking midfield and go for it.
    And were only just above it for a reason!
  • Options
    Which is that we are a bit better than bottom three :)
  • Options
    We are 6 points above Luton and we are at home Saturday. 
    A win Saturday would leave us 9 points clear of Luton with 12 games to go.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I certainly hope we put some creative flair in the side from what is available. Only want to see one of Davis, Smith or Pratley starting unless Pratley plays centre half.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Just hoping Williams is fit. Should be a definite starter
  • Options
    Agreed
  • Options
    Team skirfing session to bond the boys and get in right frame of mind
  • Options
    Without Williams no creativity now that Gallagher has gone.
    Jonny always lifts the crowd with his ability to take on
    defenders and run with the ball!
  • Options
    David Davis who has made 213 Championship appearances isn't up to it in this division? After you've seen him play three games for a new team? Brilliant.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    I think he looks ok  - a bit like Pratley in the way he plays which isn't a bad thing. He certainly isn't a creative player though.
  • Options
    Thousands of tickets still available. 
    Come on let's be 'aving you :wink:
  • Options
    I would like to see the diamond, as I want to see us push Cullen further forwards when we have the ball. However with Gallagher out I struggle to see who plays the left side of that diamond. I thought Davies was meant to be a bit more dynamic then Pratley, but I've not really seen that yet. Think Smith could potentially play there, and would love to see Williams but not sure he is robust enough.

If Williams was I would like to see:

Phillips
    Matthews Lockyer Sarr Purrington
                      Pratley
                Cullen   Williams
                      Oztumer
                   Green Taylor

Amos, Deji, Doughty, McGeady, Aneke, Hemed, Bonne 

That pivot of Cullen, Williams and Oztumer would play some nice ball foot I reckon.
    This is similar to the team I have been leaning towards in recent days. Williams talked a lot in pre season about how he wanted to play one of the 2 CM roles more. I'm not sure he has the engine and physicality but I think with where we are at the moment we have to try it. Him and Ozzy in the same team excites me massively. Williams and Oztumer can both take turns to track back more in order to keep fresh.

I would have Bonne up to with Taylor and Green on the bench. Think Davis should be on the bench ahead of probably Hemed as we need a CM on there. 
  • Options
    I can see how Bowyer would be reluctant to play them both and also opportunities to do so have been limited but I am curious about it. Maybe Taylor up front on his own would allow it. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I can see how Bowyer would be reluctant to play them both and also opportunities to do so have been limited but I am curious about it. Maybe Taylor up front on his own would allow it. 
    I'm pretty sure you coach and have a good understanding of what goes on on the pitch. Why would you suggest Taylor up front on his own?

I mean we have all acknowledged the reasons behind Josh Parker..
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    I would be interested how it works with two busy attacking midfielders supporting him so he would be less isolated. I don't know if it would work, but would be interested.

I stopped managing last season as my son was too old for youth football and we ended with a cup win which was a good way to stop.
  • Options
    I would be interested how it works with two busy attacking midfielders supporting him so he would be less isolated. I don't know if it would work, but would be interested.

I stopped managing last season as my son was too old for youth football and we ended with a cup win which was a good way to stop.

. Call yourself Muttley!?

• Options
    Williams and Pratley must Start for me.

Proper crowd (no £5 plastics).

Leave Hemed on the bench.

2-0 home victory.
  • Options
    By winning and getting at the beers afterwards 
  • Options
    I don't think we can blame the crowd for last week.
  • Options
    A lot of people are suggesting playing Williams but my understanding is that he is injured once again.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Bit early I know, but any news on starting lineups?

Would you start Bonne and Taylor and have a go from the start.
  • Options
    Bit early I know, but any news on starting lineups?

Would you start Bonne and Taylor and have a go from the start.
    Yes. Bonne, Taylor and Oztumer. We need to take the game to them
  • Options
    Well we certainly got at them, could have had another 3 if we’d been super clinical, and breathe.,,,,,