Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

August 2020 transfer window wish list.

Comments

• Options
    I would imagine half the Championship will be after Woodrow. 
  • Options
    If there’s any money to spend, which obviously there isn’t, I’d try to keep the following from this season in the squad:

Phillips

Matthews, Oshilaja (utility), Lockyer

Cullen, Pratley, Field, Williams , Doughty, Morgan, Oztumer

Bonne, Taylor, Davison.

Lots of new ones needed. 

If we have no money, I’d try to keep Sarr, JFC, Amos, Lapslie
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Quite liked the look of Woodrow, maybe if Barnsley get relegated and we stay up we could get him? Scored 13 goals in a struggling team.
    Agree. Very good player and would be a great foil for Taylor.

Would also have a look at Chey Dunkley, centre back at Wigan.
  • Options
    What's Dunkley's defensive game like? Wigan like us have not been great at the back, and if we were to get another CB I'd like his defensive game to better than his attacking game. 
    First ball centre-back. Strong in the air and strong physically. Tall and relatively good on the ball but not amazing, and mobile but not the quickest at all. One flaw is that he has been sent off twice this season, both as two bookable offences. If we could get him and get that part out of his game, he’d be a good player. Interestingly, Aneke at Bromley Addicks said he is the toughest opponent he has come up against in his career.

With being out of contract, he’s definitely a Championship standard centre-back I would look to be going for.
  • Options
    First acquisition has to be the contract to acquire The Valley and the training ground.  Everything else is immaterial in comparison.
    This will happen, I thought a contract been signed? The only reason this hasn’t happened yet was this would drag the takeover into the summer
  • Options
    The best league 2 and national players... Cos that's where we are dealing with. 
  • Options
    Sage said:
    What's Dunkley's defensive game like? Wigan like us have not been great at the back, and if we were to get another CB I'd like his defensive game to better than his attacking game. 
    First ball centre-back. Strong in the air and strong physically. Tall and relatively good on the ball but not amazing, and mobile but not the quickest at all. One flaw is that he has been sent off twice this season, both as two bookable offences. If we could get him and get that part out of his game, he’d be a good player. Interestingly, Aneke at Bromley Addicks said he is the toughest opponent he has come up against in his career.

With being out of contract, he’s definitely a Championship standard centre-back I would look to be going for.
    Sounds promising, and definitely must be a physical presence if Aneke said he didn't like playing against him. 

I know it's difficult to find at our level, but I would really like another ball playing centre back. Someone who is confident to carry the ball out and look to link the play directly with our more attacking midfielders. 
  • Options
    8 new players to go with Phillips, Lockyer and Taylor. 
    Key players:  two full backs, big ball playing centre half, strong defensive midfielder and a creative central midfielder. 

• Options
    I'd imagine we would go after arnauld Gnanduillet on a free transfer 
  • Options
    I'd imagine we would go after arnauld Gnanduillet on a free transfer 
    I’d take him. A decent striker with pace, him, Taylor and Bonne is a decent set. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Regardless of the player we go after I'd be quite happy if our transfer policy this summer were to see us aim for 18 - 24 year olds with promise / experience from League One

Add in a sprinkle of Championship experience with players aged between 25 - 30 and some Premier League youth on loan
  • Options
    The best league one players that didn't make it up lol... hopefully we will have some funds tho. 

Two 29 year old experienced box to box midfielders would be nice. 
  • Options
    That age experience bracket. 
    An experienced centre back and two strikers 
  • Options
    2121 said:
    The best league one players that didn't make it up lol... hopefully we will have some funds tho. 

Very specific with the age there. 
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    If we don't go for Toney, given family connections,  I'd like to see Kodjo Laba from Al Ain.

Also like to see some quick physical athletes that sides like Leicester and Wolves are playing.
  • Options
    2121 said:

Very specific with the age there. 
    😂 its been a long day. Late twenties
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Who, out of the first team squad, do you want to see the back of, which loans do you want to keep, and who do you want to see arrive before next season.  You have to be realistic with your budget, so no Messi, etc.

I'll start.

Leave:
    Amos, if Maynard-Brewer is good enough.
    Solly - sorry, Chris, but I just don't think you've got it at this level anymore.
    Pearce
    Page
    Pratley - he's been great this year, is my PoTY so far, but I think next year will be just one season too much.
    JFC
    Hemed

Loans to keep:
    Cullen
    Green
    Maybe McGeady for a year but not seen enough of him to decide.

New contracts for Lyle, Matthews and Sarr.  Take up the option on Williams.  Maybe a new contract for Davison, he's certainly shown willing so far.  Extended contracts for anyone who's contract expires at the end of next season who we think is good enough, e.g. Bonne, Lockyer, 

Arrive:
    1 x right back unless we think Oshilaja is good cover for Matthews there.
    1 x left back
    2 x central defenders
    1 or 2 x central midfielders
    1 x striker, 2 if Lyle leaves.

However, I don't keep up to date with other sides players and there availability, other than Toney at Posh, so I've no idea who we could get for those positions.
    That squad would be incredibly small. If we're going to get rid of all those we need a lot more than 1 or 2 CM's!
    I'm expecting loans on top of who we buy.
  • Options
    We could start by signing Cullen and Lyle who were both stated as ESI priorities for January. 
  • Options
    Release everyone and sign the whole Man City Squad on two year loans.
    I know they are good players but I’d think we’d struggle to win games when we can only put five players out, or four if you’d like a sub just in case ....
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Ideal squad - not likely to happen. 

Strikers:
    Taylor Bonne Grant(or similar)

Wingers:
    Doughty McGeady Green/Leko

No 10:
    Williams Oztumer Aneke 

CM:
    2 players in the Gallagher or Aribo mould capable of playing box-to-box 

Cullen Mowatt 

Pratley Davis/Field (or similar)

LB:
    New, Purrington

LCB:
    New, Sarr

RCB:
    Lockyer, Deji

RB: 
    Matthews, Solly

GK
    Phillips, Amos, AMB

Davison, Lapslie, Morgan maybe even JFC kept as fringe players. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We could start by signing Cullen and Lyle who were both stated as ESI priorities for January. 
    But do they want to sign for us? Cullen will definitely be back at West Ham and part of their plans when they go down. I think we should (unfortunately) start looking elsewhere as the chances of him being here next season are slim 
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Only three players I would really want from any of the current sides in the relegation zone are:

Chey Dunkley (Wigan center-back) - dominant 6ft 3 centre-back who has scored 6 goals this season, including two against us back in September. Out of contract in the summer.

Alex Mowatt (Barnsley centre-midfielder) - one of Barnsley’s best players. Mowatt has 7 assists so far this season. A player who has always played up north, could he be tempted to move down south to the capital? Also out of contract in the summer.

Cauley Woodrow (Barnsley striker) - since his move to Barnsley last season, Woodrow has scored 29 in 58 league games. A record that’s practically identical to Taylor’s. At 25, another good season in The Championship would mean he would still have excellent resale value.
    Collins of Luton has 35 goals in 76 games since the start of last season. He's 29 but could be worth a look if Luton go down. 6ft 2 as well so passes the height test.

Also not sure why people are saying we have no money. The very fact we bid 1.5m + another 500k for Maddison tells us we do have some.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Only three players I would really want from any of the current sides in the relegation zone are:

Chey Dunkley (Wigan center-back) - dominant 6ft 3 centre-back who has scored 6 goals this season, including two against us back in September. Out of contract in the summer.

Alex Mowatt (Barnsley centre-midfielder) - one of Barnsley’s best players. Mowatt has 7 assists so far this season. A player who has always played up north, could he be tempted to move down south to the capital? Also out of contract in the summer.

Cauley Woodrow (Barnsley striker) - since his move to Barnsley last season, Woodrow has scored 29 in 58 league games. A record that’s practically identical to Taylor’s. At 25, another good season in The Championship would mean he would still have excellent resale value.
    Collins of Luton has 35 goals in 76 games since the start of last season. He's 29 but could be worth a look if Luton go down. 6ft 2 as well so passes the height test.

Also not sure why people are saying we have no money. The very fact we bid 1.5m + another 500k for Maddison tells us we do have some.
    Who’s said we haven’t got money?

Collins would be good, I just think Woodrow has more about him and more space to improve under Bowyer. He’d also learn a lot from Taylor as well if we manage to keep him.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Sage said:

Collins would be good, I just think Woodrow has more about him and more space to improve under Bowyer. He’d also learn a lot from Taylor as well if we manage to keep him.
    Common theme being thrown about after we didnt spend in January
  • Options
    Ideal squad - not likely to happen. 

Strikers:
    Taylor Bonne Grant(or similar)

Wingers:
    Doughty McGeady Green/Leko

No 10:
    Williams Oztumer Aneke 

CM:
    2 players in the Gallagher or Aribo mould capable of playing box-to-box 

Cullen Mowatt 

Pratley Davis/Field (or similar)

LB:
    New, Purrington

LCB:
    New, Sarr

RCB:
    Lockyer, Deji

RB: 
    Matthews, Solly

GK
    Phillips, Amos, AMB

Davison, Lapslie, Morgan maybe even JFC kept as fringe players. 
    Mcgeady, a winger, he looked like he couldn't beat an egg on Saturday never mind a full back
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Sage said:

We haven't spent money, lots of gesturing no spending...
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Sage said:

Common theme being thrown about after we didnt spend in January
    Redhenry said:
    Sage said:
    Sage said:

We haven't spent money, lots of gesturing no spending...
    So because we didn’t get any permanent signings in January, people believe we don’t have money?

How were we putting in offers for players if we didn’t have any money?

I’d rather we wait and see what we do in the summer before saying we don’t have money to strengthen. Seems to me all the noises from the club and the staff are that we will be able to spend and strengthen in the summer. January was always about having enough to get through this season.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Scoham said:
    I mentioned him back in August on the transfer rumours thread as a suggestion, around the time we were linked with the other right back that ended up going to Ipswich.