Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

**CHARLTON TRANSFER RUMOURS THREAD | SUMMER 2020**

edited February 2020 in General Charlton
I guess this kicks it off for this year (although we're still in February) Hoping for a few ££ to be spent ESI. Crewe RB Perry Ng (Perry Tian Hee Ng) in full.
http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1020245105?-11197:833

Comments

• Options
    How do you pronounce ng
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Chizz said:
    Silent N, silent G. 
                            ?
                 -            ? If double barrelled.
  • Options
    How do you pronounce ng
    "oong" I imagine
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    It’s pronounced the sound as the ending of any words like, long, song etc. Apparently the closest sound you can make it is ‘ung/ong’.
  • Options
    Gotta be the first to ask this... Would he be the first player from Singapore to represent us? ;)
  • Options
    Gotta be the first to ask this... Would he be the first player from Singapore to represent us? ;)
    He was born in Liverpool.

But I know what you’re saying :)
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Got a friend who had the surname Ng, she's married now, it was pronounced 'ung'. Like how you say 'un' in French. 
  • Options
    We had a young Vietnamese player in the late eighties The Van Nguyen (I think). Never played in the first team but was supposedly a good prospect. Don't know what happened to him and the only reason I'm mentioning this is that we've already had a player with a name beginning Ng.

Although I don't speak Thai I have learnt to pronounce words that begin like this, for example the Thai word for snake is ngoo.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We had a young Vietnamese player in the late eighties The Van Nguyen (I think). Never played in the first team but was supposedly a good prospect. Don't know what happened to him and the only reason I'm mentioning this is that we've already had a player with a name beginning Ng.

Although I don't speak Thai I have learnt to pronounce words that begin like this, for example the Thai word for snake is ngoo.
    Yes, The Vin Nguyen. Saw him play for the reserves a few times.
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Got a friend who had the surname Ng, she's married now, it was pronounced 'ung'. Like how you say 'une' in French. 
    Une is pronounced oon.  I think you mean the French un.
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Got a friend who had the surname Ng, she's married now, it was pronounced 'ung'. Like how you say 'une' in French. 
    Une is pronounced oon.  I think you mean the French un.
    Quite right, I meant un. Turns out I'm worse at French than I thought possible. 
  • Options
    Good player, wanted us to sign him in the summer. 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Silent N, silent G. 
    Energy.
  • Options
    Any more Asian names we can be xenophobic and puerile about ?
  • Options
    The lad's a bin dipper Scouser.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Here’s a British one, we signed Lucas Ness from Met Police. We haven’t paid a fee, so they may feel like we’ve stolen him.

If he impresses in the u23s I hope we can Loch him down onto a longer contract and he can help arrest the first team’s bad run of form.

https://www.pitchero.com/clubs/metropolitanpolicefc/news/ness-departs-blues-for-charlton-2512864.html
    Does he have truncheon meat in his sandwiches?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    iaitch said:
    Scoham said:
    Here’s a British one, we signed Lucas Ness from Met Police. We haven’t paid a fee, so they may feel like we’ve stolen him.

If he impresses in the u23s I hope we can Loch him down onto a longer contract and he can help arrest the first team’s bad run of form.

https://www.pitchero.com/clubs/metropolitanpolicefc/news/ness-departs-blues-for-charlton-2512864.html
    Home address is Letsby Avenue
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    iaitch said:
    Scoham said:

His favourite meal is ...... Irish Stew (in the name of the law).

I remember my lad, when he was about 8 years old, coming home from school and telling me that one.
    Twas a lovely warm moment laughing together with my kiddo.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    _MrDick said:
    iaitch said:
    Scoham said:

His favourite meal is ...... Irish Stew (in the name of the law).

I remember my lad, when he was about 8 years old, coming home from school and telling me that one.
    Twas a lovely warm moment laughing together with my kiddo.

he saw three holes in the ground .. well well well .. and three men approaching .. hello hello hello
  • Options
    thing is will this be a real rumours thread .. or another wishful thinking thread ?
  • Options
    A big hole has been found in the West Stand car park.

Police are looking into it.
  • Options
    The toilet seats at Scotland Yard have been stolen, police have nothing to go on.
  • Options
    Buckle in. This one could rival the Takeover Thread. 
  • Options
    Loan of The Valley and Sparrows Lane extended for 12 months 
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    iaitch said:
    Scoham said:

999 Letsby Avenue.