Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

**CHARLTON TRANSFER RUMOURS THREAD | SUMMER 2020**

Comments

• Options
    Any chance of a rumour 
  • Options
    I heard a nailed on rumour we're going to si.....
    This is a suspended sentence.
  • Options
    markmc68 said:
    Any chance of a rumour 
    To be fair it’s the end of Feb... so might be a bit early for rumours.
  • Options

Charlton link to Crewe right-back Perry Ng has not - I repeat not - got any substance.
  • Options

Charlton link to Crewe right-back Perry Ng has not - I repeat not - got any substance.
    what a surprise
  • Options
    sorry @markmc68 not really a rumour just some bloke going on about plans

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-putting-transfer-plans-in-place-as-boss-lee-bowyer-reveals-summer-hope/

LB “If we want to be competitive in this division, which is what I want to be, then we need to spend money – we have to.”
  • Options

Steve Gallen is livid our interest has been leaked ...... (or not) :smile:

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Could be a good signing for the future

Especially if the plan is to cash in on Academy players at the right time for maximum profit putting money back into building a squad

People wont like that unfortunately but its the other bad side of FFP if you stay within the rules and want to rise through the hierachy, i.e. its difficult to keep your kids and buy players around them

What Roland was a prick in doing wasnt just the fact he sold the players too early yet because he kept the proceeds from Gomez and Lookman to himself

The latter would have done wonders for us to build a squad, especially from League One!!
  • Options

Especially if the plan is to cash in on Academy players at the right time for maximum profit putting money back into building a squad

People wont like that unfortunately but its the other bad side of FFP if you stay within the rules and want to rise through the hierachy, i.e. its difficult to keep your kids and buy players around them

What Roland was a prick in doing wasnt just the fact he sold the players too early yet because he kept the proceeds from Gomez and Lookman to himself

The latter would have done wonders for us to build a squad, especially from League One!!
    Roland's major failing on the playing side was lousy buys AND contract management

Failures got their contracts paid off, whereas the decent players ended up leaving on Bosmans. Indeed I'm sure that JBG is the only senior signing we made that actually generated a profit, as the other players we sold were either academy players or ones we signed as teenagers (Pope, Lookman, Aribo)

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Interesting. We've had a decent record since relegation from the PL for bringing on keepers
  • Options
    Not to mention a lot of decent signings were loan players than we didnt get back: Bulot and Buyens (although dont think he was ever going to return) prime examples
  • Options
    Anderson only six foot on Wiki. Hope he has grown.

Watching French footy highlights and all the action is coming from big athletic Africans. Every single side. Not sure about defence but this is the way to go. Some absurd skills on display.
  • Options
    I guess we have to wait... League 1 or Championship signings?  :/
  • Options
    We had a young Vietnamese player in the late eighties The Van Nguyen (I think). Never played in the first team but was supposedly a good prospect. Don't know what happened to him and the only reason I'm mentioning this is that we've already had a player with a name beginning Ng.

Although I don't speak Thai I have learnt to pronounce words that begin like this, for example the Thai word for snake is ngoo.
    Yes, The Vin Nguyen. Saw him play for the reserves a few times.
    He was in my mate’s brother’s team for Eltham Palace when they were about 14, he looked about 18
  • Options
    Is Eltham Palace a Vietnamese restaurant? Just asking.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Any more Asian names we can be xenophobic and puerile about ?
    Here’s a British one, we signed Lucas Ness from Met Police. We haven’t paid a fee, so they may feel like we’ve stolen him.

If he impresses in the u23s I hope we can Loch him down onto a longer contract and he can help arrest the first team’s bad run of form.

https://www.pitchero.com/clubs/metropolitanpolicefc/news/ness-departs-blues-for-charlton-2512864.html
    At least he will be able to give the opposition a damn good kicking.
  • Options

Charlton link to Crewe right-back Ng has not - I repeat not - got any vowels.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    Not sure why we are creaming over Toney at £10m when Freddie Ladapo has 17 in 31 for Millers and will cost a fraction. Four inches taller as well and I think his younger, more skilful brother is on our books.
  • Options
    Think with the news about the owners the only transfers this summer will be outwards.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not sure why we are creaming over Toney at £10m when Freddie Ladapo has 17 in 31 for Millers and will cost a fraction. Four inches taller as well and I think his younger, more skilful brother is on our books.
    pretty sure we can forget that now.

We can barely afford Tony Keohane now, never mind Toney.
  • Options
    There will be no summer transfer window for Charlton Athletic
  • Options
    Shame I thought he would come good.
  • Options
    If we are playing on Plumstead Common, do we actually need professional players?
  • Options
    There was a thread a few days ago on what Cullen may or may not do this summer. 

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/88486/norwich-and-leeds-battling-to-sign-josh-cullen#latest

• Options
    If our mess isn't resolved i'd guess about 15 players will be on their way out.

The 6 on loan plus the likes of Taylor, Hemed, Sarr, Williams, Page and whoever we can get some money for.
  • Options

Roland's major failing on the playing side was lousy buys AND contract management

Failures got their contracts paid off, whereas the decent players ended up leaving on Bosmans. Indeed I'm sure that JBG is the only senior signing we made that actually generated a profit, as the other players we sold were either academy players or ones we signed as teenagers (Pope, Lookman, Aribo)

Taking JBG's wages into account, I think we about broken even on him.  Still, that's better than we did with Polish Pete.
  • Options
    No problem lads... we are in for the two Arbroath lads Diddly and Squatt!