Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pardew's signings so far....

edited July 2007 in General Charlton
On the whole, are you pleased, unsure, disappointed ???

Thatcher
Bougherra
Christiansen
Dickson
Varney
Ilewumo
McCarthy
Moo2
Samedo
Powell
Todorov

Comments

• Options
    WSSWSS
    edited July 2007
    a mixture of two i think, let me break them down for you:

pleased:
    powell, varney, thatcher, mccarthy

unsure:
    ilewumo, bougherra, dickson, christiansen, todorov, Moo2, Samedo
  • Options
    Will have to be an unsure until I see some of these guys in action
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    If who a mate oop north said is meant to be having a medical with us today signs, there is a 'disappointed' around the corner...
  • Options
    overall pleased but need a few more decent signings to convince me that we deserve our 'favourites' tag.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]If who a mate oop north said is meant to be having a medical with us today signs, there is a 'disappointed' around the corner...
    you can't leave it like that!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]If who a mate oop north mate said is having a medical with us today signs, there is a 'disappointed' around the corner...

if nicky weaver signs there'll be a lot of moaning but as ever in pards we have to trust!
  • Options
    i still think we have another 3-4 to come in, and i think there is scope for 1-2 towards the top end of our budget. May be wrong, but a quality centre mid is an essential.
  • Options
    Song is still around as is Carson. ;-)
  • Options
    well the money's there as we know we were willing to spend £3.5 mill on earnshaw alone. i think a few more will leave and around 5 more will come in (gk, 2cm, 1 lm, 1 striker)
  • Options
    Thatcher- did ok at first. not convincing towards the end of season.
    Bougherra- looked ok in the little time played, but think he needs to be more 'no-nonsense'.
    Christiansen- don't know
    Dickson- should be loaned out to league 1or2 side before given chance
    Varney- heard good things but it was from spanners who are used to watching shit.
    Ilewumo- tbh don't know a great deal. seems a bit of a bruiser which we will need.
    McCarthy- never heard of him before we signed. have to ask q's on why leicester let their captain go.
    Moo2- don't know. (the next kelly youga)
    Samedo- don't know
    Powell- can't see him featuring much but a great role model for the youngsters
    Todorov- great scoring record in this division. definately worth a year.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    the vital thing is that we get most of the signings in early so we can get them all training and playing in as many pre season friendlies together as possible.

We cannot afford a slow start to the season in my opinion (and yes by slow i mean not winning 7 out of 10 games)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]If who a mate oop north said is meant to be having a medical with us today signs, there is a 'disappointed' around the corner...

there should be some rules about posts like that.
    where's the mods when you need them.
  • Options

C'mon Afka spill the beans. If it's a rumour then ok but we should be told.
  • Options
    I think it is Weaver - he's available on a free and when Poom turned us down coz he didn't want to be our No.2, it gave the impression we already had a new keeper lined up.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]

right! i'll start the guesses.
    mmmm ooop north + we want central mid + we may be disappointed.

graham kavanagh?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Peakie_Rocket[/cite]I think it is Weaver - he's available on a free and when Poom turned us down coz he didn't want to be our No.2, it gave the impression we already had a new keeper lined up.

god nooooooo

****trudges off to the gym so throwing arm will be able to launch missiles and reach goal from upper north********
  • Options
    Trevor Sinclair
  • Options
    Todorov ????????

what the ex pompey west ham todorov - when did we sign him
  • Options
    On the whole I'm intrigued, none of these are big name stars and several I'd never heard of until we'd signed them/showed interest.

Thatcher - experienced pro in the autumn of his career, if he stays fit will be a good player in the CCC and should add defensive experience, so far he's been ok.
    Bougherra - a couple of games, looked off the pace understandably so, who know?
    Christiansen- who? Has come with a reputation for being young and talented, but they are hardly going to say he's crap are they?
    Dickson - has only played at a level around five divisions below the one he's going to be playing in, on the other hand looks strong and scored goals. I'm a bit worried about his age, he doesn't have time on his hands.
    Varney - on the whole I'm pleased, another who has come late to the pro game, but stepping up a division.
    Ilewumo - did the business at this level last year and should again with a better side.
    McCarthy - again has played and acquited himself at CCC level.
    Moo2 - one for the future...
    Samedo - again for the future, none of us has seen him play.
    Powell - hopefully he'll only be playing in emergencies, but good to have his experience around the place.
    Todorov - three injury prone seasons, maybe this is his last chance, as I said in the thread dedicated to him it could be inspired and bargain of the season, or his knee might just not be able to take playing.

One or two of the youngsters might make it, thy have all been signed cheaply and if none make it then we won't have lost much, but one might turn out to be a star, but I'll reserve judgement until I see them play.
  • Options
    i know nothing about no one.
    i dont think im even going to recognise the team. i might have to buy a programme for first couple of games so i can look up numbers to see who is who.

will be weird.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It is how he built a team at Wet Scam, reo-coker was at MK Dons, etc, he knew the lower divisions well enough to pick bargains.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]

sorry, don't normally play games but didn't want to name names until it was confirmed.
  • Options
    Load of rubbish (I nearly said a lot worse) apart from Sir Chris... hope I'm wrong but see mid table Champioship medriocrity beckoning...though hoping I have under-estimated gulf from P'ship.
  • Options
    I agree bloody useless....can't see us doing anything next year......
  • Options
    Thatcher - Thug. Limited talent has a footballer.
    Bougherra - Could be a good signing. £3m is a bit much, but he can't help what clubs pay for him
    Christiansen - Who?
    Dickson - Shocking
    Varney - Shocking
    Ilewumo - Shocking
    McCarthy - Potentially a good signing
    Moo2 - Never heard of him. Sounds promising
    Samedo - See above
    Powell - Past his best. Could be a good coach, but hopefully he won't play too often next year.
    Todorov - Injury prone and shite.
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Wrong side of bed this morning?
  • Options
    todorov has real quality hes just not prolific. leave him alone. do u go and watch pompey/wigan week in week out or something?if so you shouldnt even be on this site!
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Cunning, i wouldn't go throwing your West Ham bag away just yet, you might be wanting it more in the near future by that tone...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cunningstunt87[/cite]Thatcher - Thug. Limited talent has a footballer.
    Bougherra - Could be a good signing. £3m is a bit much, but he can't help what clubs pay for him
    Christiansen - Who?
    Dickson - Shocking
    Varney - Shocking
    Ilewumo - Shocking
    McCarthy - Potentially a good signing
    Moo2 - Never heard of him. Sounds promising
    Samedo - See above
    Powell - Past his best. Could be a good coach, but hopefully he won't play too often next year.
    Todorov - Injury prone and shite.

I think you should stick to posting on the comedy show mate
  • Options
    Thatcher - Decent player, good experience, and the strenght and bloody minded approach for the CCC.
    Bougherra - Dunno, Wednesday fans loved him, and highly rated in the CCC
    Christiansen - Dunno, trust Pards scouting network
    Dickson - I really want it to work for Little Chris, he has the potential to be the next Ian Wright, rather then the next Mark McCammon
    Varney - Think he'll be quality, what I've seen I've like, good touch, decent footballing brain, more Andy Hunt then Darren Bent, so I think we'll grow to like him
    Ilewumo - Record in this divison is more then enough for me, good option when the muck and bullets are flying at Blackpool in Feb
    McCarthy - Leicester didn't want him to go, no nonsense defender who will be captain I expect
    Moo2 - Sounds promising
    Samedo - as Moo2
    Powell - Legs have gone in the Premiership, might play 10 games in the CCC but a heart of Lion, and Charlton in his blood, be a great addition to the coaching staff, and will instill believe and passion
    Todorov - If he stays fit, he'll get plenty of goals along side Big Chris and Luke, be interesting to see if he's going to start or be a off the bench striker