Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pardew's signings so far....

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Cunning, i wouldn't go throwing your West Ham bag away just yet, you might be wanting it more in the near future by that tone...

I want whats best for Charlton. If it means complaing about second rate signings then so be it.
  • Options
    How is that what's best for Charlton ?
  • Options
    If it means we see some decent signings then its all for the cause.
  • Options
    Come on then Cunning... who is a decent signing that you'd recommend?
  • Options
    David Connolly
  • Options
    David Connolly... mercenary for hire?! Why would he come to us? He's playing Premiership football next season and would probably cost us £1.5m for a 30 year old whose had 8 clubs and not going to get any better.

I'm not sure he's the guranteed 20 goals a season striker you're suggesting we get either 13 goals last season for the Champions and 10 goals when he played for Pardew at West Ham... honestly i'd prefer to take a chance on Varney, Pardew seems to like something about him.

Any one who is guranteed to get 20 goals in the CCC will find himself moving up to the Premiership fairly quickly, we either buy in mercenarys for decent money to do a job and get us out or we look at younger players that will improve, the majority of players we have signed are under 24, and thats good enough for me.
  • Options
    So you'd rather sign a player the same age as Iwelumo who scored less goals in a better team?
  • Options
    I think we are yet to sign one or maybe two key players, get to it Pards!

:)
  • Options
    Well I think it's all rather exciting!

A whole new bunch of players to get to know and assess. I know fairly little about most of them and certainly don't know enough to judge them until I've watched them week in week out for a while.

I trust Pardew to know a lot more about them than I do and am looking forward to seeing the newly assembled squad come together as a team.

On what basis everyone is slating these players that they've never seen play I'm really not too sure?

To be honest I'd much rather the pre-season shape up as it has than be steeling myself for watching Rommedahl, Hughes, Lisbie and the like start next season. Might even get down to the Welling fixture for the first time in a few years.

So there, nay sayers.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]So you'd rather sign a player the same age as Iwelumo who scored less goals in a better team?[/quote]

Good point Carter