Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Light fitting falls from East Stand roof

2»

Comments

• Options
    I might be misremembering, but didn’t something like this happen in the away end at Burnley a few years ago?
  • Options
    I have to say I'm surprised with all these the ground looks "tired" comments.
    The Upper North is fine IMO.
    I go to the Lower West for cup games & that too seems fine.

I'm not disagreeing, but I've never thought so myself (not been inThe East Stand for a few years and never Upper West).
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    The floodlights seem to work well enough. I hadn't noticed an issue to be honest. The yellow paint on the stairs does need re-doing which can't be that expensive. They could even ask us fans to do it. 
  • Options
    And the rememberance garden.  if it was the right time of the year for me ,  ie January/Febuary I would do it for no cost. 
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Tom_Hovi said:
    I'll keep saying it, but the Valley needs a serious amount of TLC, and sorting stuff like this would be a start
    Yes, priority for stuff like this. But there's also at least one toilet door in an east stand gents with no lock on, which can be no fun for anyone desperate enough to need a crap.
    And the taps are too powerful and at least one does not turn off. Shody and unnecessary.
    The whole place exudes an air of tired-ness and looks in desperate need of some money being spent on it. There are at least a dozen floodlights out in the array above the West Stand, presumably a similar number above the East. When (if) ESI take possession of the ground, then let’s hope we’ll see some improvements. Yesterday’s incident could have been nasty - serious injury, loss of life even - and it was pure luck that it didn’t. HSE will doubtless have something to say about it.
    The whole floodlight system needs replacing, it would need ripping out lock stock in the Premier League, but it’s one of a lot of things that make the place just look unloved 
    Makes me hopping mad how it was, as you so rightly say, unloved.
    God what an absolute arsehole Duchatalet was.....never should have been allowed to come within a million miles of us or any other club come to that, the nightmare still lives on in so many ways.

And could well continue.
  • Options
    Not on the same scale but a few games ago when it absolutely belted down with rain it was noticeable after the rain had stopped that the Covered End roof had a bit of a leak noticeable above block K in the middle at the front.

I'm also right in thinking in Crossbars the toilets nearest the entrance also has a cubicle without a lock on it.

Wouldn't mind guessing the whole ground needs minor work here and there.
  • Options
    Pretty certain a few years back there was an issue with the entire roof not being stable / properly fixed to the structure??
  • Options
    Pretty certain a few years back there was an issue with the entire roof not being stable / properly fixed to the structure??
    There was a problem with the original build. Things welded together instead of properly secured with rivets IIRC. Almost caused a postponement but was fixed at the time, which was about 2000.
  • Options
    I might be misremembering, but didn’t something like this happen in the away end at Burnley a few years ago?
    If you mean the game there in 2009 then yeah, something happened. A bit of the roof fell into the bottom of where we were situated. A steward came in and simply told us to move further back in the stand. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A shit load of lamps were replaced on the roof earlier in the season and the club are/were looking in to getting g the lights changed. Bloody expensive though!

sane goes for electronic advertising which Roland (actually Lieven) said no to.despite the return on investment being no more than a handful of games.

just more prime examples of the short term thinking of the previous regime. Fuzzy logic to say the least 
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Who'd have thought that the yellow toothed Belgian oxygen thief would neglect his duties as a responsible landlord and owner?
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    A shit load of lamps were replaced on the roof earlier in the season and the club are/were looking in to getting g the lights changed. Bloody expensive though!

sane goes for electronic advertising which Roland (actually Lieven) said no to.despite the return on investment being no more than a handful of games.

just more prime examples of the short term thinking of the previous regime. Fuzzy logic to say the least 
    They changed enough it seems to get to the Championship minimum and dodging the fine for not having working Goal Line Technology, you can tell by how bright the 6 yard box is; and how gloomy parts of the pitch are. 
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Swisdom said:

They changed enough it seems to get to the Championship minimum and dodging the fine for not having working Goal Line Technology, you can tell by how bright the 6 yard box is; and how gloomy parts of the pitch are. 
    Our 6-yard box normally looks quite grim.
  • Options
    Do  ESI have a landlord or tenant repairing lease?
  • Options
    It’s the original lease and it’s never involved the freeholder maintaining the stadium.
  • Options
    It’s the original lease and it’s never involved the freeholder maintaining the stadium.
    Can't someone put one of the PROPERTY OF STAPRIX NV stickers on the offending item?
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    This never happened under Roland
    Shame it didn't happen above him 
    Pretty sure Roland has never been in the east stand.
    To be fair, has he been in any stand?