Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Effing timewasting

edited February 2020 in General Charlton
I hate it so much, it bites you on the arse so often and tonight really shows it up. I'm almost glad we have lost to a goal because of it, because I'm hoping it means we won't do it anymore, and just continue playing football until the last second.

Comments

• Options
    Awful tactics.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    I hate it so much, it bites you on the arse so often and tonight really shows it up. I'm almost glad we have lost to a goal because of it, because I'm hoping it means we won't do it anymore, and just continue playing football until the last second.
    Every team does it. Think there are more pressing issues for why we lost the game this game then that. 
  • Options
    Complete wankers. There’s game management then there’s being idiotic. I make that Hull, Bristol City, Sheffield Wed all from trying to be too clever.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Every team does it. Think there are more pressing issues for why we lost the game this game then that. 
    Not tonight there's not, we lost tonight because we time wasted to a degree where the referee added on an extra minute in added time and they scored as a result. If we just played the 4 minutes of injury time normally we come away with a draw, despite the fact that we were poor tonight
  • Options
    Gutted
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:
    Not tonight there's not, we lost tonight because we time wasted to a degree where the referee added on an extra minute in added time and they scored as a result. If we just played the 4 minutes of injury time normally we come away with a draw, despite the fact that we were poor tonight
    The games not played in the last 4 minutes mate. 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:
    The goal was though!
  • Options
    No problem with time wasting, we just didn't do it very well....
  • Options
    I’m sorry but Bowyers tactics are pathetic tonight and I’m normally full of praise of him.
     Why are we taking balls to the corner and waste time for a draw against a team who’s been well off form!

We can’t keep playing for draws if we’re implying these tactics away from home it’s pathetic and negative football.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:
    But it was 0-0 until the 95th minute, so the game was lost in the last few minutes due to our ridiculous time wasting, not sure you're getting the point here buddy
  • Options
    Complete wankers. There’s game management then there’s being idiotic. I make that Hull, Bristol City, Sheffield Wed all from trying to be too clever.
    Not forgetting the goal we conceded against Derby as a result of passing back to our own penalty box from our free kick in their half!
  • Options
    Gutted

Pearce blatantly asked the bench to go up for free kick on 94 minutes - declined - hindsight and all of that.

Perspective I suppose....

Everyone praising us for time wasting  2 weeks ago at Forest.

Swings and roundabouts ...

Gutted
  • Options
    Trouble is we do it so badly, Phillips being the worst.
  • Options
    We were fucking winning at Forest
  • Options
    Amazing how all the other teams in bottom 6 try to win every game
  • Options
    BR3red said:
    Gutted

Pearce blatantly asked the bench to go up for free kick on 94 minutes - declined - hindsight and all of that.

Perspective I suppose....

Everyone praising us for time wasting  2 weeks ago at Forest.

Swings and roundabouts ...

Gutted
    It’s not so bad when you are leading. But to concede the goal in the manner we did tonight is inexcusable.  Sheffield Wednesday were the better side, but are talking about a team that hasn’t scored a goal at home in 2020 and on a poor run. Those are the sort of games that we should be looking at winning. Instead we time waste, get a free kick towards the end, stop Pearce from going up and concede seconds later. Bowyer needs to have a good look at himself tonight. 
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:
    But it was 0-0 until the 95th minute, so the game was lost in the last few minutes due to our ridiculous time wasting, not sure you're getting the point here buddy
    I get the point you're trying to make.

Once again. Literally every team ever time wastes when they think the current result is going to benefit them. This happens before and during injury time. Look at Preston at our place, they basically started this from the moment the second half started.

The majority of the time this never really bites anyone in the ass, however its happened to us multiple times this season as our defence has not been good enough to deal with teams pumping long balls into the box at the end of a game.

For me the bigger issue here is Bowyer's fear of letting us be a little more open and playing more attacking football. Yes 5-3-2 keeps us competative in games when teams are trying to pass it through us, but it offers us nothing going forward and falls about when teams starting going more and more direct at us.

Whether teams score in that 4th minute or the the 94th minute we are going to continue to lose games if we play so negatively. We were kept in this game until the 94th minute by a combination of Phillips (as usual) and Foresteri being awful and making poor decision after poor decision.

For me time wasting/slowing the game down/'game managment' are the least of our issues. Our constant being overrun in midfield, and inability to pass the ball through the lines because of our negative formation need to be addressed first.

How many times this game did a defensive clearence end up going to a Wednesday player? I lost count. 
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Bowyer says we go into every game trying to win it. Tonight we didn’t, no matter what anything he says. So much time wasting and ridiculous tactics. Trying to protect a point when a draw is no good on its own anyway is pathetic. I’m always optimistic but tonight I’m bitterly disappointed.
    Hmm straight away disagree with him there

He said very early in the season that we wouldnt take stupid chances and that every point would be greatly appreciated

It was only when we were safe did he feel that we'd potentially take more risks with winning games
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:
    All of them were deep into injury time too, last kick of the game stuff. All karma for the Play off final I suppose...
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    No problem with time wasting, we just didn't do it very well....
    So often it leads to a change in mentality. The other team get fired up by it. We get nervous because of it. It also ensure we won’t create any chances. We’ve lost at least seven points because of it. And that doesn’t include the extra points we might have won it we’d been more positive. 
    Rant over, but it drives me mad. I said to my son tonight. ‘Look what we’re doing. They’re bound to score in the last minute’
  • Options
    HandG said:
    Scoham said:
    All of them were deep into injury time too, last kick of the game stuff. All karma for the Play off final I suppose...
    Scoham said:
    Makes me want to soak my mind in bleach 
  • Options
    Time wasting, tactics, blah blah blah

What ever else happens you should never conced a goal from a free kick by the opposite corner flag.  That was shocking, the only difference from  the Hull goal was the free kick was 40 yards further away.  Unlike the Hull and Huddersfield games we got what we deserved from that, nothing.

If you defend like that be it the 1st minute or last minute tactics matter not one jot. 

You could see the fear of loosing last night, that's not something I have often seen in a Bowyer team. 

• Options
    edited February 2020
    This is Lees first season of management in the championship, if we do mange to stay up I’m sure he’ll learn a lot from this season and do things differently next season.

I know last night was a kick in the nuts, but we’re not consistantly good at the moment, we are consistent at being inconsistent.

The games gone now, and it puts more pressure to go and get a win @ Huddersfield on Saturday.

It was a very strange game, parts where we were ok, and parts we were darn right terrible in midfield.
  • Options
    So that’s 10 points lost deep into injury time this season. Ouch.
  • Options
    Sick to death of it. Even at home we seem to slow everything down even when we are winning in the 10th minute. 
  • Options
    Ridiculous mentality from Bowyer and the players to have. Especially against a team who hadn't scored at home in 2020 until tonight. Really disappointing. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Time wasting, tactics, blah blah blah

What ever else happens you should never conced a goal from a free kick by the opposite corner flag.  That was shocking, the only difference from  the Hull goal was the free kick was 40 yards further away.  Unlike the Hull and Huddersfield games we got what we deserved from that, nothing.

If you defend like that be it the 1st minute or last minute tactics matter not one jot. 

You could see the fear of loosing last night, that's not something I have often seen in a Bowyer team. 

We didnt concede from a free kick down by the opposition corner flag