Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton vs Huddersfield Town-Match Thread

Comments

• Positives from that first half.......... it's only one goal and could've been a lot more. Huddersfield look far more lively than us.

We were asking for trouble as soon as we set up with a diamond of Cullen, Lapslie, Oztumer and McGeady.

Unfortunately, unlike some on here believe, it's not as easy as playing more attacking players to get yourself further up the pitch. And that first half is proving it.
  • ross1 said:
    "... plenty more football to come"?

From what I've heard in the first half it'll all come from Huddersfield ...
  • Either Huddersfield should be play off contenders or we are crap. 
  • Blimey. Has LB thrown down the gauntlet (to us fans) and saying......there you go.  This is what you wanted now deal with the consequences. 

How's it worked out so far?
  • Positives from that first half.......... it's only one goal and could've been a lot more. Huddersfield look far more lively than us.

We were asking for trouble as soon as we set up with a diamond of Cullen, Lapslie, Oztumer and McGeady.

Unfortunately, unlike some on here believe, it's not as easy as playing more attacking players to get yourself further up the pitch. And that first half is proving it.
    What if we throw Williams | Hemed | Bonne on for three defensive players?  - that'll make us more attacking right?
  • And now we've got Lee Bowyer
    We're absolutely shite
  • Either Huddersfield should be play off contenders or we are crap. 
    Neither we are really crap....
  • We will be in the bottom 3 by 5pm next Saturday. Sadly we will then not get out of it & will get relegated. Just dont have enough oomph. Not positive enough on the pitch. 

All that passing back to the keeper when we have attacking free kicks etc. 
    As soon as we start playing that football (especially at home) then it’s a certainty that we will get picked off in games. 
  • Bowyer again set us up all wrong. 

Midfield is lightweight and has been overrun the entire game. 
  • Sponsored links:

• I despise that c**t Grant. A vile man
    Why? He played a crucial part in us getting promoted. Ok he’s shushed the fans when he scored, but deservedly so. He has received loads of stick, including racist comments, for no reason
    Not sure what you’re implying, or rather why you’re suggesting i condone the racist comments. I have a friend who knows Grant and some of the stuff i’ve heard isn’t nice. Add into the fact of the Ibiza incident, and i know he was not guilty but the incident was awful. Oh and he’s quality, we sold him for peanuts, he shusshed the fans. Is that enough for you?
  • edited February 2020
    Way too much space down our right, Alfie has no chance of getting forward as he has no cover. Ozzy just not comfortable tracking back. Matthews getting much more protection on the other side from Lapslie. Ozzy and McGeady both very anonymous. Taylor and Green feeding off scraps. Huddersfield look compact and organized. No way we are breaking them down currently. 

Bowyer has options, Smith into the diamond. Purrington and Bonne on and push Alfie forwards in a 442. Don’t make any changes but switch to a 4231. Get Williams out there for Ozzy or McGeady (he’s a better player AND works harder). Whatever you do though Lee, FFS do something and do it now, let’s not have a repeat of Wednesday’s inaction. 
  • Back to the game, we are honestly dreadful. At least we got a point on wednesday and our goal difference is good though.
  • At the game, freezing and pissed off.  This is awful.  Get the ball up the pitch quicker ffs. 
  • Thank god the takeover happened before the Jan window or we would have been in real trouble without ESI and Matts super duper deal phone
  • Could’ve sworn we lost on Wednesday.
  • Absolutely dreadful, worse than the Stoke performance.  No energy, no imagination 
  • edited February 2020
    I despise that c**t Grant. A vile man
    Why? He played a crucial part in us getting promoted. Ok he’s shushed the fans when he scored, but deservedly so. He has received loads of stick, including racist comments, for no reason
    Not sure what you’re implying, or rather why you’re suggesting i condone the racist comments. I have a friend who knows Grant and some of the stuff i’ve heard isn’t nice. Add into the fact of the Ibiza incident, and i know he was not guilty but the incident was awful. Oh and he’s quality, we sold him for peanuts, he shusshed the fans. Is that enough for you?
    He wasnt found either guilty or not guilty as charges werent made!!  ergo... there was no Ibiza incident!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Ffs cheers for the backing  ESI absolutely rubbish loans thank god Bowyer only took a 3 year deal
  • Back to the game, we are honestly dreadful. At least we got a point on wednesday and our goal difference is good though.
    Am I being whooshed?

Goal difference is relatively good yes but we lost at the death Wednesday 1-0.
  • We are absolutely shocking. Our League1 team would tear this team apart.

4 players for us good enough to start in the championship in Taylor, Phillips, Cullen and Matthews. 3 of them won't be here next season as things stand. We need a major rebuild.

Even if we go down this team isn't good enough to bounce back first time imo. 

ESI partly at fault for this. Brought in absolute rubbish and didn't strengthen us, if we go down they take a lot of the blame 
    What point was that?
    Got a point on Wednesday  ?
  • I despise that c**t Grant. A vile man
    He wasnt found either guilty or not guilty so charges were dropped!!  ergo... there was no Ibiza incident!!
    Strange comment
  • Williams coming on
  • Grant is a massive prick yes. But so were quite a few of our fans.

We dishes it out, you can’t then get precious when he throws it back.
  • Williams coming on
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!