Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wright or Weaver ?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Just been speaking to a manc mate. His mate is best mates with Weaver. He said Weaver is as fit as he has ever been, raring to go and is one of the nicest people you could ever meet.

Not sure about the last bit - ha - but it does sounds more positive now.

Gotta give him a chance. He will be our no. 1 keeper i think.
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    You'll end up fancying him, especially if he keeps those grizzly chops....
  • Options
    not sure if anyone's mentioned it but when weaver got all that banter sung at him last season i thought he took it really well (think he gave a thumbs up at the end of the game) and for me anyone who can give it and receive in the same manner as weaver did (oo-err miss's) is a good bloke in my opinion.
    in my opinion he'll prove to be our best signing , i'm positive about this one!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]not sure if anyone's mentioned it but when weaver got all that banter sung at him last season i thought he took it really well (think he gave a thumbs up at the end of the game) and for me anyone who can give it and receive in the same manner as weaver did (oo-err miss's) is a good bloke in my opinion.
    in my opinion he'll prove to be our best signing , i'm positive about this one!!!

I'm not sure that's you or someone has found your password out and posting under your ID but fair play for coming out and saying it mate
  • Options
    (winter wonderland)

There's only one Nicky Weaver
    ... one Nicky Weaver
    He used to be shite, but now he's alright
    Weaver has The Valley in his hands

(last line could be better ....)
  • Options
    I am absolutely incredulous at the ridiculous negativity surrounding Nicky Weaver, he was engaged in a bit of banter with the Covered End in a game nearly 10 years ago - I doubt he even remembers it. I doubt more than 40% of our current fan base were even at that game.

If we only signed players that the fans liked - 'cos they are nice/innoffensive/haven't been beastly to us in the past - we'd be up the creek without a paddle in no time.

Let the guy show his worth & judge him then.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite](winter wonderland)

There's only one Nicky Weaver
    ... one Nicky Weaver
    He used to be shite, but now he's alright
    Weaver has The Valley in his hands

(last line could be better ....)

Walking in a Weaver wonderland? Unoriginal I know
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sco[/cite]
    Nicky, Nicky Weaver
    Used to act like a beaver
    Now he's a City leaver
    He's a proper Charlton C**t

I was quite proud of this one...
  • Options
    Posh Spice is a slapper
    She likes to shave her beaver
    And when she's shagging Beckham
    She thinks of Nicky Weaver
  • Options
    With fans like Sco and Salad how the hell do we end up singing red arrrrrrrrrrrmy week in week out?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oh Andy Hunt!!....!!!

He play's UP FRONT!!
  • Options
    Then I saw him play, now I'm a believer
    Not a trace of fat on his behind
    He's in goal, Nicky Weaver
    You couldn't beat him if you tried
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]Oh Andy Hunt!!....!!!

He play's UP FRONT!!

Oh Nicky Wea
    He plays in goal
    Oh Nicky Wea he plays in goal
    He's got the arse of a Rhino, Oh Nicky Wea he plays in goal...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]With fans like Sco and Salad how the hell do we end up singing red arrrrrrrrrrrmy week in week out?

If you listen to it backwards all of the subtle yet complex lyrics can satisfy even the most esoteric tastes.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sco[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]Oh Andy Hunt!!....!!!

He play's UP FRONT!!

Oh Nicky Wea
    He plays in goal
    Oh Nicky Wea he plays in goal
    He's got the arse of a Rhino, Oh Nicky Wea he plays in goal...

I am liking it.

Oh Nick Weaver
    He Plays in Goal
    Oh Nick Weaver he plays in goal
    He's got a name like a fanny
    Oh Nick Weaver plays in goal

is what I assumed Carter meant.
  • Options
    If you go to the Man City rivals.net page, they all seem to rate Weaver and think it's a shame he's gone.

I don't like the bloke, but worth a punt on a free, especially at 28.

Injury prone in the past but played 30 odd games last season.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]We have signed a 28 year-old Premiership quality keeper on a free transfer whose only real fault was a bit of arrogance NEARLY TEN YEARS AGO and still people whinge.

We are in the Championship with a massively reduced budget so we are damned lucky to get a player of that quality to join us.

Who would they rather we sign, John Burridge? Peter Shilton? Get Bob Bolder back?

Weaver has already played in this division and been very successful and I am very confident he will prove to be an inspired signing.

good post ormy dood, i agree here fully.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]not sure if anyone's mentioned it but when weaver got all that banter sung at him last season i thought he took it really well (think he gave a thumbs up at the end of the game) and for me anyone who can give it and receive in the same manner as weaver did (oo-err miss's) is a good bloke in my opinion.

Falls over flabbergasted!! Nah really i agree, i said it in another thread that he toook the banter well, even we told him he was a c**t! fair play to him i say.
  • Options
    i think its a really good signing. do you ever watch motd?!!!had a realy strong year last season. hes free...and is quite 'young' for a keeper. we got a good'un here trust me!