Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Classic Charlton shirt sale , CAFC Museum

Comments

• Options
    Good work. How much raised chaps?
  • Options
    Regarding postage please add £3 to your payment for all winners. If you win more than one shirt £4. Please pay by Paypal if possible to our account linked to this email cafchistorian@gmail.com and select family and friends when making payment. Also add your address and your CL user name. If you are unable to pay by Paypal you can do bank transfer , message me for details. Thanks to all bidders. Nick
    Thanks again @charltonnick.  Payment made via paypal for shirt 20.  
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Must be over £1100 but someone please work it out.

I have plans to use it to get a wall painted.
  • Options
    Payment made for 9, 10 & 14.
    Thanks, something to wear during the self isolation at home whilst watching all the old Charlton DVD’s and matches on YouTube 👍
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Must be over £1100 but someone please work it out.

I have plans to use it to get a wall painted.
    I’d paint quite a lot of walls for over £1100!!!
  • Options
    Very happy with my shirt 34 :)
  • Options
    Slightly off topic, but I think it would be great to have a fans pic of fans wearing their vintage shirts with as many different designs as possible. 

If we ever get to meet up again for an away day, how about arranging a vintage shirt day. Maybe Leeds game to finish off the season. 
  • Options
    Wembley was a bit like that.

So many different old shirts on display.

I remember reading somewhere, VOTV maybe, that Sunderland fans were asking why.

Question to buyers.

Did you buy them to wear or to collect?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Question to buyers.

Haven't really decided yet. I think the 100th anniversary to collect, probably the other one to wear. 
  • Options

Question to buyers.

Wear, but not every game maybe a big game or on holiday lol
  • Options
    Well done everyone, went above my limit very quickly. 👍
  • Options
    Didn’t expect to win 4 shirts to be honest with my opening bid. So not sure what to do with them, as all XL or XXL which isn’t my size! 
  • Options
    Didn’t expect to win 4 shirts to be honest with my opening bid. So not sure what to do with them, as all XL or XXL which isn’t my size! 
    You could pay for them and then donate them back to the museum  :)
  • Options
    Great work Nick and all the fans who bid. 

Huge amount of money for an independent charity that gets no funding from the club.

Got a couple of other auctions lined up. Just waiting on the signed items to be returned to us.  Watch this space.
  • Options
    You haven't seen my consultancy invoice yet Henry  :#
    Is being delivered by some bitches driving a white Range Rover?
  • Options
    You could pay for them and then donate them back to the museum  :)
    Thanks Nick, let me enjoy them first and I will let you know. 
    Nothing will beat my signed Mendonca shirt (red Mesh) though! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Question to buyers.

Wear. Too old to start collecting ;-)
  • Options
    Paid up. Cheers!
  • Options
    Shirt arrived today, very happy with it, thanks guys!
  • Options
    Shirts arrived today, baring in mind they are 25/30 years old they are in exceptionally good nick. Those old shirts are notorious for getting nicks and pulls.
  • Options
    Shirt arrived today, very happy with it, thanks guys

!We need a photo of you wearing it @HarryCAFC6
  • Options
    Shirts arrived today and smelt very clean! 
    Many thanks 😊 
  • Options
    My one arrived yesterday... very pleased with it. Thank you again. 
  • Options
    Good to hear.

Still waiting for one winner to get in touch but they've not logged on since the weekend.

Thanks to everyone else who's paid so quickly.
  • Options
    Just want to say thanks for running the auction guys and sending out the shirt so quickly. 

The fit of it is ok, its quite baggy on the arms and the neckline is a bit tight, I was wondering if this was a thing with Admiral shirts? Or perhaps I've just got skinny arms and a fat neck! 

Its the first Admiral shirt I've ever owned and the condition of it is stunning, very pleased.  
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Early shirts tended to be cut to be worn by fit athletes. More recently they are cut for fans. : - )

Glad you like it.

Thanks to everyone who has paid.

@charltonnick can confirm but I think we're waiting on just one person to pay now.

We did have two other batches of special items lined up for sale (not shirts) but Covid19 has put a Millwall fan in the works on getting them signed.

But we're going to go ahead and get that wall painted anyway.