Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

ADBD.ae - Wayback Machine

ADBD.ae is troubling me. The current iteration of the website was published on 19th September 2019. I definitely think this current version of the website was created to give us the impression that someone like Heller was very close to Nimer, when I can't seem to see him mentioned anywhere else.

It's really hard to try and find anything out about ADBD before the takeover other than this website because Abu Dhabi Business Development is also a job title (obviously) and all the SEO is picking up is ADBD in relation to Charlton. Even when you limit google search results to before the takeover you really cannot find anything about ADBD.

Then this morning I remembered about the wayback machine. So let's have a play around and see what we find, together. As a team.

https://web.archive.org/web/20140715000000*/adbd.ae

Any people you recognise from the early versions of this site in 2014?

https://web.archive.org/web/20140608215434/http://adbd.ae/people

I like how Nimer's name is spelt wrong. The people section of this website disappears in the next version of the site a month later.

Anyway, I would love to go through all this but I have work to do. Some things I've noted.

- Before the current iteration (Published 09/19) the site was showing an error code or the index of the website from August 3rd 2018 - August 8th 2019. This is a long old time for a website of to be laying dormant if these guys are serious business men.
- Prior to that it had a 'Website Coming Soon' tag between July 27th 2018 - June 26th 2018.

So anyway, help me out. Fill ya boots. What can you find?

edit: Just to add, maybe I'm completely wrong and I will concede when someone shows me some evidence that these guys have achieved anything. It all seems so superficial.

Comments

• I would love one of them 2 door jobs. The LSE soft dash version
  • Both JVS and John Hirst on there from the expenditure sheet leaked yesterday
  • They look like just a vehicle for bringing capital to commodities without doing much at all.
     A bit like Football agents and estate agents.

Great find by the way.
  • I actually think the question is pointless though. What does it matter if ADBD have a website or not? What does it matter if they are even a real group?

At the end of the day, the only thing that matters is Nimer's wealth, his intentions for Charlton and Southall's future/replacement. 

I appreciate it all seems a bit weird. I agree. But I think we need to pay more attention to Nimer, he is the majority shareholder and the club's future is in his hands. I think too much attention is being focused on ADBD. 
  • I actually think the question is pointless though. What does it matter if ADBD have a website or not? What does it matter if they are even a real group?

At the end of the day, the only thing that matters is Nimer's wealth, his intentions for Charlton and Southall's future/replacement. 

I appreciate it all seems a bit weird. I agree. But I think we need to pay more attention to Nimer, he is the majority shareholder and the club's future is in his hands. I think too much attention is being focused on ADBD. 
    This is fair. However, a lot of people seem confused about the role of Heller and think he's on Nimer's side and that comes from the way they've presented ADBD.

I think ADBD has links to Nimer, but isn't actually where he does his business. It's just what this British lot called themselves when trying to do their business, whatever that entails....

I think it's important to note and realise what we're actually dealing here isn't a successful business that is steeped in history. It's chancers who have finally been able to get into a club and take as much money out as they can.

As much as it's heartbreaking that someone is doing this to us, the part of me that loves crime stories finds this stuff fascinating, hence the thread.

• More twists and turns to come with all this I reckon. I've been informed that the guy on the far left is John Hirst in the first picture yet on the old version of ADBD.ae that you point out its slightly

different:) ???

This is fair. However, a lot of people seem confused about the role of Heller and think he's on Nimer's side and that comes from the way they've presented ADBD.

I think ADBD has links to Nimer, but isn't actually where he does his business. It's just what this British lot called themselves when trying to do their business, whatever that entails....

I think it's important to note and realise what we're actually dealing here isn't a successful business that is steeped in history. It's chancers who have finally been able to get into a club and take as much money out as they can.

As much as it's heartbreaking that someone is doing this to us, the part of me that loves crime stories finds this stuff fascinating, hence the thread.

Yeah I agree on Heller. Absolutely looked like ADBD and Southall, now looks like Heller is not a part of them. Maybe just a business associate of Southall in the UAE?

I don't think it's fair to assume they are chancers. Southall yes, Heller maybe. But Nimer has definite links to a Sheikh. 

I also can't see why they have taken over a club to get as much money as they can. In the grand scheme of things it's not that much. Southall has obviously got ridiculously greedy but I don't think Nimer is in it for that reason. We have no bloody money!
  • I thought a way back machine was a Delorean.....😃.

On a serious note I think @BenHaimandBikey has a point. We were sold Nimer as being this mega-rich guy who controls billions of pounds of investments for one of the Saudi Royal family. At first we thought it was this money that was being used, ie The Royal family wanted part of their portfolio to be in football. Then, after a few weeks & doubts that it might not pass the EFL due to links with Man City it was then assumed it was Nimer's own money. Now I'm thinking that Nimer himself is a front & he doesnt have any money (or not enough to but a football club) and ADBD was set up as a cover story to houdwink us & maybe even the EFL. My guess (and it's a big guess) is that the EFL have been asking too many questions & want way more evidence of funds than Nimer can supply (it's easy to mock up a bank statement but harder to show paper trails going back years).

There was an interesting conspiracy theory someone posted late Monday evening about it all being one big con, with both MS and Nimer being in on it, and even though it seemed far fetched, at the moment its looking for & more likely that none of the shareholders in ESI are what we thought they were.
  • Sponsored links:

• More twists and turns to come with all this I reckon. I've been informed that the guy on the far left is John Hirst in the first picture yet on the old version of ADBD.ae that you point out its slightly

That's also the photo of Chris Gascoigne on that page.

Yeah I agree on Heller. Absolutely looked like ADBD and Southall, now looks like Heller is not a part of them. Maybe just a business associate of Southall in the UAE?

I don't think it's fair to assume they are chancers. Southall yes, Heller maybe. But Nimer has definite links to a Sheikh. 

I also can't see why they have taken over a club to get as much money as they can. In the grand scheme of things it's not that much. Southall has obviously got ridiculously greedy but I don't think Nimer is in it for that reason. We have no bloody money!
    I genuinely don't think Nimer is big in ADBD side. I think he knows of them and is a contact, but I don't think he's been doing business with them day to day. Anyone can put anything on a website. It was probably a good look for them when trying to look legit.

Would love to get his view on ADBD, maybe he is actually a director. Maybe it's just all make believe.

Nimer is definitely not the bad guy in this. He might be a bad guy generally, we have no idea, but right now I think it's safe to assume he was very much on the peripheral of ADBD. 
  • Chris Gascoine's Linkedin, no mention of ADBD - https://uk.linkedin.com/in/chris-gascoine-346a5392

I genuinely don't think Nimer is big in ADBD side. I think he knows of them and is a contact, but I don't think he's been doing business with them day to day. Anyone can put anything on a website. It was probably a good look for them when trying to look legit.

Would love to get his view on ADBD, maybe he is actually a director. Maybe it's just all make believe.

Nimer is definitely not the bad guy in this. He might be a bad guy generally, we have no idea, but right now I think it's safe to assume he was very much on the peripheral of ADBD. 
    Nimer's profile on Linked-In has the ADBD logo as background ... he is definitely profiling the company highly. 

That's also the photo of Chris Gascoigne on that page.
    Ha Ha. This is all crazy...
  • edited March 2020
    stonemuse said:
    I actually think the question is pointless though. What does it matter if ADBD have a website or not? What does it matter if they are even a real group?

Nimer's profile on Linked-In has the ADBD logo as background ... he is definitely profiling the company highly. 
    Erm, that isn't the company logo...

https://www.google.com/search?tbs=sbi:AMhZZiseyVN7dfOBehGG3xI2ddYNMo5nX4TgOYttvYBsAi7qxn0HyvjoB_1x4f65YrfqOBWMZ5ooG-cbAbjssMbA84QuY8CDIPOtdJg66F1cSu8gRMSxMTx68_1rW6Mxh-nVb0qNEpZGJmgQ8PdHjpKXiu3Ci8WZvCizV3HMelIXBWQW1my-JI5EVx2hYEMOiir8RAlATB8PbhrrIoPe7_19l8FUXK3x10A5HhvqrbDTWqnUBbh1vcLsbEKz_1iCpM1phWKTdN_1aXR01mNggxqhiTAeeeu36uYFgKEw3or9JPV-0EW2Xd0bbFNDhUqYJccTyrUeckMPNj49HEVKqPWHXkBWEqmtLceLwdA

EDIT: Oh I see it actually has ADBD on it. Do we know if that's actually Nimer's account?

On his profile the company profile links to this:

https://www.linkedin.com/redir/redirect?url=www%2Eemirates-focus%2Ecom&urlhash=ylLU&trk=public_profile_topcard_website
  • stonemuse said:
    I actually think the question is pointless though. What does it matter if ADBD have a website or not? What does it matter if they are even a real group?

https://www.google.com/search?tbs=sbi:AMhZZiseyVN7dfOBehGG3xI2ddYNMo5nX4TgOYttvYBsAi7qxn0HyvjoB_1x4f65YrfqOBWMZ5ooG-cbAbjssMbA84QuY8CDIPOtdJg66F1cSu8gRMSxMTx68_1rW6Mxh-nVb0qNEpZGJmgQ8PdHjpKXiu3Ci8WZvCizV3HMelIXBWQW1my-JI5EVx2hYEMOiir8RAlATB8PbhrrIoPe7_19l8FUXK3x10A5HhvqrbDTWqnUBbh1vcLsbEKz_1iCpM1phWKTdN_1aXR01mNggxqhiTAeeeu36uYFgKEw3or9JPV-0EW2Xd0bbFNDhUqYJccTyrUeckMPNj49HEVKqPWHXkBWEqmtLceLwdA

EDIT: Oh I see it actually has ADBD on it. Do we know if that's actually Nimer's account?

https://www.linkedin.com/redir/redirect?url=www%2Eemirates-focus%2Ecom&urlhash=ylLU&trk=public_profile_topcard_website
    It's definitely his account and ADBD is very prominent on that page
  • stonemuse said:

It's all a load of old bollox guys. Even the domain name http://www.emirates-focus.com/ registered in Panama. Possible red flag???
  • stonemuse said:
    stonemuse said:

I'll concede he has ADBD in his header, but when it comes to experience it mentions only "The Private Office of HH Sheikh Saeed Bin Tahnoun Bin" nothing about ADBD.

Guy on the left i'm sure is Hirst, then Nimer, the Romanian guy and van Seventer.

Also there's a photo on Nimer's instagram of Hirst, Nimer and van Seventer at a royal event together.
  • Sponsored links:

• LoOkOuT said:
    More twists and turns to come with all this I reckon. I've been informed that the guy on the far left is John Hirst in the first picture yet on the old version of ADBD.ae that you point out its slightly

John Hirst is the fella on the "other far left". The tall one.
    No. The tall guy is Jacco van Seventer
  • LoOkOuT said:
    More twists and turns to come with all this I reckon. I've been informed that the guy on the far left is John Hirst in the first picture yet on the old version of ADBD.ae that you point out its slightly

John Hirst is the fella on the "other far left". The tall one.
    Jacco van Seventer is the tall one.
  • stonemuse said:
    stonemuse said:

I'll concede he has ADBD in his header, but when it comes to experience it mentions only "The Private Office of HH Sheikh Saeed Bin Tahnoun Bin" nothing about ADBD.
    Agreed ... but he's definitely promoting it.

More a response to your point that 'I genuinely don't think Nimer is big in ADBD side'.
  • stonemuse said:
    stonemuse said:
    stonemuse said:

Agreed ... but he's definitely promoting it.

More a response to your point that 'I genuinely don't think Nimer is big in ADBD side'.
    yeah, that's fair.
  • One thing that is very clear when you search for these guys, Hirst, van Seventer and Heller, there is very little info online about them.

Hirst for example on the ADBD website it says he's a board director of VST Enterprises, but when you search for John hirst VST Enterprises, nothing comes up. VST's website doesn't name him either despite listing their CEO and chairman.

It's all a bit odd.
  • One thing that is very clear when you search for these guys, Hirst, van Seventer and Heller, there is very little info online about them.

Hirst for example on the ADBD website it says he's a board director of VST Enterprises, but when you search for John hirst VST Enterprises, nothing comes up. VST's website doesn't name him either despite listing their CEO and chairman.

It's all a bit odd.
    Fairly apparent they do a regular 'cleanup' on their internet activity ... much as Katrien did with Google.

It's all a bit odd.

We discussed this about 6 weeks ago. It was noticeable how 'clean' their online footprint was.

I still can't fully understand how someone can apparently oversee 60 businesses...

It's all a bit odd.

We discussed this about 6 weeks ago. It was noticeable how 'clean' their online footprint was.

I still can't fully understand how someone can apparently oversee 60 businesses...

I would imagine ADBD are in someway, however vague, linked to 60 business. Nimer is then actually in charge of 1 company. 
  • stonemuse said:
    stonemuse said:

Please forgive me if this has been mentioned before, well, since the sh*t started hitting the fan ( or should that be fans ?)  but what do we think the Sheikh would make of all this ?

Does he know what's currently going on in SE7 ?

Surely, with his connections to Nimer, he would be concerned about any bad publicity of this nature ? 

Anyone fancy a trip overseas.....?
  • edited March 2020
    One thing that is very clear when you search for these guys, Hirst, van Seventer and Heller, there is very little info online about them.

It's all a bit odd.

I would imagine ADBD are in someway, however vague, linked to 60 business. Nimer is then actually in charge of 1 company. 
    No, The Private Office of The Sheikh is the one that's linked to 60 companies.

Even on their website it concedes as much and doesn't claim to be doing that:

"H.E. Tahnoon Nimer, Chairman of The Private Office of H. H. Sheikh Saeed Bin Tahnoon Al Nahyan, oversees the running of circa 60 companies, that fall under the umbrella of the Private Office. Furthermore, he is an honorary member of the Youth Chamber of Commerce Abu Dhabi, and was distinguished as Global Ambassador for Peace in 2018."