Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bored? Any tips to make social isolation more bearable?

Comments

• Options

No face to face contact with anyone since last Saturday, apart from someone dropping a bit of shopping off on Friday. Got a workshop with loads of work to be getting on with in there, got a house to be renovated, and enough materials to keep me going for a good couple of weeks, but no motivation to do any of it

Get ya head down mate and crack on,you got the tools (love the workshop),knowledge and time.
    As for you T C E ..keep out of the kitchen. 

Perhaps good advice for @iamdan too.
  • Options

Guess the song...   (Warning: I don't have all the answers  :/

1. ✈️🌕

2. 💵💶💰

3. X👩‍🦰x 😭

4. 🍂🍁🌧️

5. 💃🏻🐵

6. 🕯️🌬️

7. 👦🏽🧒👨🏻👩🏾👩‍🦰👩🏼‍🦱🌎

8. 💔❤️

9. 🎹👱🏼‍♂️

10. 👳🏽‍♂️👳🏽‍♂️💃🏻

11. 🌉💩💦

12. 🎨⚫

13. 🌞🕐🩸🌞🕐

14. 🔈🔇

15. 💃🏻👑

16.. 😢☁️

17. 🏠🌅

18. 🌌🎇

19. 🐥🐥🐥

20. 🇬🇧👨🏻‍🦰🗽

• Options
    iamdan said:
    PB for masturbating is 13, couple of weeks to beat it. 
    Literally. 🤣🤣
  • Options
    6 - Candle in the Wind

15 - Dancing queen
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    12 - paint it black 

3 - No woman No cry 
  • Options
    I will be working a few days a week in my consultancy job as I am able to do this from home, this is normal for me anyway. I have stocked up on timber so my carpentry hobby can be well used as I fear delivery's will soon dry up.

We were going to start a major landscape of the back garden in the Spring so I shall crack on with that and hopefully my "Bob the builder" will stay well enough to still come and assist on the bits I can't do, I am sure he will be glad of some work and money.

Gym wise I plan to go on a long (2 hour) evening walk Mon, Wed & Fri to replace my gym/spin classes. If I get out by 5pm and get home by 7pm I will still be home earlier than when I go to the gym.

It is business as usual for my wife as they will be opening the pre school nursery for Key Workers children.
  • Options
    14 - sound of silence

17 - house of the rising sun (if that's what the second pic is, can't see properly)

9 - piano Man

11 - bridge over troubled water?
  • Options
    1 Fly me to the moon
  • Options
    17 house of the rising sun
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    2 Money Money Money
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Ms AA is going to Beckenham Place Park at the weekend for an open air swim and going for a run each morning.  Other than that, I'm not sure how she'll manage twelve weeks or so of this.

I'm playing on-line bridge (http://www.bridgebase.com/client/web0.php), working from home on computer stuff, and following the candidates' tournament in Ekaterinburg (https://chess24.com/en/watch/live-tournaments/fide-candidates-2020).

Tomorrow I get my new (to me) Triumph Bonneville so I'll be out and about on that - self-isolating in public.

Reading books, lots of them.
  • Options
    Try to round up horses in Eltham
    Why does that horse look pissed?
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    I was thinking of home delivery if there’s the demand, my missus is swerving so there’s plenty for everyone. 
    You could feed the 5,000 with your first attempt.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    1 Fly me to the moon
    That picture would be Fly Me to The Sun.
  • Options
    Redskin said:
    I've picked up the brush and started cartooning again.
    Maybe post a couple up on here mate, wouldn't mind seeing a couple of them
  • Options
    19 the birdie song 
    1 leaving on a jet plane 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redskin said:
    If I had any idea how to do that, I would. Just for you,like. How do I get them from my gallery onto here?
  • Options
    Redskin said:
    Redskin said:
    If I had any idea how to do that, I would. Just for you,like. How do I get them from my gallery onto here?

• Options
    Take a photo on your phone and follow Stig's example above mate
  • Options
    I find it doesn't always like jpegs, so you're safer with stuff in png format.
  • Options
    Cut a Golf green into the lawn (4k steps exercise) to practice chipping and putting used a baked bean can to cut the hole (sustainability) usually do Pilates 4/5 times a week at the gym. Tomorrow doing  my  first one with the class via Zoom have a multigym in the garage that is underused  but intend to wear it out within 12 weeks 
  • Options
    Try to round up horses in Eltham
    Why does that horse look pissed?
    Been on the sneighkbites
  • Options
    Great stuff. Look like the old 30's type cartoons
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Cheers, Rob. Showing my age...
    And Stig, of course, for instructions.