Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

London Mayor

Boris Johnson is considering an attempt to topple Ken Livingstone as mayor of London.

Mr Johnson said: "Being mayor of London would be a fantastic job and anyone who loves London would want to consider the possibility very carefully. "

There is no constitutional barrier to an MP being a mayor at the same time.

Comments

• Options
    surely there's an buffoon barrier though?
  • Options
    Charlton Life, on behalf of its members, will be fully endorsing Ken Livingstone for the next campaign. We see excellent synagies between the two, and will be opening up a new category of the forum dedicated to him.
  • Options
    Boris Johnson, very funny bloke but a complete knobhead.
  • Options
    is he sure. biggest pratt ever would make Ken look the perfect man for the job and would guarantee him another term.

Oi Bartram not all members thank you.
  • Options
    The problem for the Tories is wherever are they going to find a decent candidate for Mayor or PM? Blair's ten years have changed the map completely and have made the Boris Johnson/Michael Portilo wing unacceptable whilst the right-wing nutjobs like Duncan-Smith are even more unelectable. As for that Eton twat Cameron.....
  • Options
    Cant stand Ken at all
  • Options
    it's rather an Eton twat who at least has lived a little with a past that includes class A's and hookers than a Scottish fella that thinks trying to bring the WC to England is sufficent to win him the election... I thought there was a scotish parliment anyway?!

And i love Boris, a must watch on question time but I wouldn't want him to be mayor of my Garden!
  • Options
    Have to say it, as much as i want to dislike Ken Livingstone, i actually think he is a great old school politician-

His policies may seem somewhat oddball sometimes but he cant be accused of sherking a decision just in case it might make him unpopular, like many career politicians.

Boris Johnson is just a complete upper class (and nothing wrong with that) joke figure who, if he hadn't had the luck to be born where he was, would probably have been the sad comic figure always desperately trying to get attention by trying to make others laugh-

Hang on a mo..... ?
  • Options
    I think you would have to resign your parliamentary seat once elected, and in Boris' case editorship of the spectator or whatever else it is he does
  • Options
    The scousers would love us Londoners even more if Boris got the job.

For that reason alone I reckon the full weight of Charlton Life should swing in behind him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2007
    Ken is an utter hypocritical PC tit.

Wont condone fundamentalist Islam and in fact has backed, financed and endorsed some of the Mosques that are now the breeding ground for Islamists (this comes from a one time member of the British Jihadi Network) and tries to make links with President Chavez of Venezuela, who is thought of as the South American version of Mugabe....

Lets not even get onto phasing traffic lights to make his money making congestion schemes seems as though they're working when in fact they're just a cash raising effort....

As someone said on the TV last night, if 10 yrs ago you would have said that Livingston would have been as highly regarded as he is, people would have laughed, so why cant Boris be taken just as seriously.
  • Options
    i think Boris would be quite amusing as Mayor!
    certainly for the better than the current twat
  • Options
    Although Ken makes the decisions that affect most of us in London, it really f*!ks me off that in Bexley Borough, we cant vote on it. Is it just the lefty inner London Borough twats that are able to vote him in?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: CharltonDan[/cite]Ken is an utter hypocritical PC tit.

Wont condone fundamentalist Islam and in fact has backed, financed and endorsed some of the Mosques that are now the breeding ground for Islamists (this comes from a one time member of the British Jihadi Network) and tries to make links with President Chavez of Venezuela, who is thought of as the South American version of Mugabe....

Lets not even get onto phasing traffic lights to make his money making congestion schemes seems as though they're working when in fact they're just a cash raising effort....

As someone said on the TV last night, if 10 yrs ago you would have said that Livingston would have been as highly regarded as he is, people would have laughed, so why cant Boris be taken just as seriously.[/quote]

Absolute crap. Try looking up Livingstone's comments after the 7/7 bombings to see him condemn fundamentalism in Islam. Just because he won't join The Sun and The Daily Mail in tarring every Muslim as a terrorist does not make him an appeaser.

Secondly, what do YOU know about Hugo Chavez apart from what you have read in The Sun? Chavez is NOTHING like Mugabe and the Yanks and the rich Venezuelans hate him because he is trying to turn around 200 years of the top 5% rich Venezuelans shitting all over the 95% desperately poor people there. He has been DEMOCRATICALLY elected by people despite a very hostile media (owned by the mega rich families like the Cisneros) so is nothing like Mugabe. He is basically trying to divert the countrys oil wealth to ALLits people.

Please get your facts even half right before launching into this sort of nonsense.
  • Options
    Ken Livingston is a grade A, prize winning, c*nt of the highest order and I would gladly pull the trigger myself if given the chance. My opinion, no facts to back it up and no argument as far as I am concerned. Can't actually think of anyone I hate more than him (and I include the oompah loompah in that), totally irrational on my part I realise, but there you go.

Boris Johnson (sp?) acts the buffoon, but is actually a clever bloke who knows exactly what he is doing...that said, I don't think he has much in common with your average Londoner and so would probably be equally crap.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Morts-Genius[/cite]Although Ken makes the decisions that affect most of us in London, it really f*!ks me off that in Bexley Borough, we cant vote on it. Is it just the lefty inner London Borough twats that are able to vote him in?

Nope the Daily Mail masses in Bexley can vote in the GLA elections.
  • Options
    as Rothko says he is mayor for greater london, each borough has half a member of the GLA so for example Bromley and Bexley have a single member of the Greater London Authority. Greenwich and Lewisham have another, etc.

A GLA member a glorified councillor gets paid £55,000/annum for a thre day week the GLA only sit Tuesday to Thursday...
  • Options
    Ken gets my vote every time!

Up there with Anthony Wedgewood Benn as one of my political heroes :-)

Chavez as well - all power to him!
  • Options
    Absolute crap. Try looking up Livingstone's comments after the 7/7 bombings to see him condemn fundamentalism in Islam. Just because he won't join The Sun and The Daily Mail in tarring every Muslim as a terrorist does not make him an appeaser.

Secondly, what do YOU know about Hugo Chavez apart from what you have read in The Sun? Chavez is NOTHING like Mugabe and the Yanks and the rich Venezuelans hate him because he is trying to turn around 200 years of the top 5% rich Venezuelans shitting all over the 95% desperately poor people there. He has been DEMOCRATICALLY elected by people despite a very hostile media (owned by the mega rich families like the Cisneros) so is nothing like Mugabe. He is basically trying to divert the countrys oil wealth to ALLits people.

Please get your facts even half right before launching into this sort of nonsense.[/quote]

Comparing Chavez to Mugabe is a bit like comparing Mandela to Hitler and just blatantly embarrassing. Yes Chavez has his faults but as usual the right wing press in the western world are out to get him because he may tip the corporate apple cart and stop the good old energy addicted US of A from raping and pilaging another third world country with their big bully tactics.

As for Livingston I think it's time for a change but to be honest who else is going to do any better.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Charlton Charlie[/cite]Ken Livingston is a grade A, prize winning, c*nt of the highest order and I would gladly pull the trigger myself if given the chance. My opinion, no facts to back it up and no argument as far as I am concerned. Can't actually think of anyone I hate more than him (and I include the oompah loompah in that), totally irrational on my part I realise, but there you go.

Boris Johnson (sp?) acts the buffoon, but is actually a clever bloke who knows exactly what he is doing...that said, I don't think he has much in common with your average Londoner and so would probably be equally crap.[/quote]

Ken Livingstone is a "grade A, prize winning, c*nt"...and you want to murder him?

Twat.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: vancouveraddick[/cite] Comparing Chavez to Mugabe is a bit like comparing Mandela to Hitler and just blatantly embarrassing.

Obviously. Mandela is more of a Bin Laden figure ;-)

I was having this debate (on the Mayor of London) the other day with a mate. Apart from improving Public Transport, what else has Livingston done? Time to go Ken.
  • Options
    "Secondly, what do YOU know about Hugo Chavez apart from what you have read in The Sun? "

oh dear.
  • Options
    There's some seriously bad Karma on this thread. Talking politics always seems to end up like this.

Chill out people, it's Friday.
  • Options
    Chavez is no angel, despite what the left might make out. As for Ken, a complete disgrace.
  • Options
    Sink this please its too dramatic
  • Options
    sink it now. honestly come on thread killer. you cant sink ours which wasnt aggressive and keep this one up.
  • Options
    Sink it please
  • Options
    Sink Sink Sink!!!!!!
  • Options
    ha ha.

sunk
  • Options
    BDLBDL
    edited July 2007
    Surprised that no one has posted about the Charlton fan standing for Mayor

OH NO