Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lockdown Drinks

123457»

Comments

• Options
    Does anyone know the situation re lockdown drinking over Xmas? Assuming it's as per tier one ie you don't have to eat a meal as well. 
  • Options
    Last night's beer was Rebellion''s Roasted Nuts. Coincidentally I was sitting too near the fire at the same time.

Lovely fireside beer, about 4.6, dark and malty without being heavy. Back on their IPA for the weekend now.
  • Options
    Hazy IPA - the double offset is a reference to them offsetting twice their carbon footprint. 
    That is indeed the case.
  • Options
    Starting Xmas early with this little beauty from Brewdog.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Does anyone know the situation re lockdown drinking over Xmas? Assuming it's as per tier one ie you don't have to eat a meal as well. 
    I don't think so. Hearing the PM speaking today, I think the tier you are in at the time, is the one that determines the restrictions. Extremely unlikely that anywhere will be in Tier 1, except for the areas that are currently there.
  • Options

Berlin West Coast IPA. Very citrusy but overly hoppy. 
  • Options
    Bit weird Berlin having a west coast being a landlocked city. Actually, are there any other beers where the place references are so convoluted?  Originally a British beer made for the Indian market, watered down by the Yanks, now coming from Germany.
  • Options
    It’s a West Coast IPA made in Berlin. Not as such a Berlin West Coast IPA. The term West Coast IPA relates to a hop profile rather than location albeit one that originates in a particular  part of the world. I would expect it to be fruity with a piney bitterness.
    I was under the same impression regarding the origin of IPA, but according to a Sommelier it’s wrong.
    In answer to the question, I think Guinness do a Nigerian West Indies Porter
  • Options
    Well, Ms AA, although being too cold for a beer, drank most of the German IPA so now I’m on this:

• Options
    Stig said:
    Bit weird Berlin having a west coast being a landlocked city. Actually, are there any other beers where the place references are so convoluted?  Originally a British beer made for the Indian market, watered down by the Yanks, now coming from Germany.
    It is a WC IPA made in Berlin, not an IPA from the Berlin WC. Although Berlin has a lot of lakes so presumably it has a far few west coasts. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We are going to make our own Lemoncello tomorrow.  If that works we will try Bananacello and Liquoricecello. 
  • Options
    We are going to make our own Lemoncello tomorrow.  If that works we will try Bananacello and Liquoricecello. 
    I hope these all go well.  We've made Limoncello - it tasted much better than commercial versions which are more like lemon washing-up liquid in our opinion.
  • Options
    Kept meaning to make this before Christmas:

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/spiced-arancello
  • Options
    Kept meaning to make this before Christmas:

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/spiced-arancello
    Looks interesting, will have to try it.
  • Options
    Keep meaning to get some vodka to try it!
  • Options
    still in the xmas period habit of a lager or 2 when getting in from work! oh well

one thing over xmas i would confirm as the most vile thing ever tasted. 

captain morgans gingerbread - rotten. 
  • Options
    Notice you got yourselves a good perving spot!
    We actually made a bad choice, would have got a much better view of the bird in white if we’d picked a table to the right but thought it would look a bit sus if we moved.
    That’s my daughter!
  • Options
    How did it turn out Mutts?
  • Options
    Notice you got yourselves a good perving spot!
    We actually made a bad choice, would have got a much better view of the bird in white if we’d picked a table to the right but thought it would look a bit sus if we moved.
    That’s my daughter!
    He's not fussy.
  • Options

A very pleasant Chardonnay from New Zealand’s equivalent of Gillingham it would appear.