Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Scout camp

124»

Comments

• Options
    Very sad to read the news about Downe. Lots of great camps there with the Cubs and scouts. 38th Woolwich were the bosses. Always won the district football and usually the county too somewhere over Dulwich way. 13th Woolwich were our main rivals but we always had their measure 
    Sure we caught our coach to Sherwood Forrest from the Dulwich Scout HQ.

Great time that was, especially when the quietest lad on the trip, flipped and wrapped a tentpole round my mates head on the last day, as we were striking the tents.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    I was in the 7th Royal Eltham Cubs and Scouts at Deansfield School.

When were you at Deansfield?

And @thewolfboy?

@Addickted, I was there at Cubs and Scouts I guess from about 1978-1985, plus at School there 1975-1981.

I believe the 9th were there as well on a different night, moving from the Rochester Way playing field hut?
  • Options
    There is a Facebook Group called Save Downe Campsite already, it looks like an open group.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    I was in the 7th Royal Eltham Cubs and Scouts at Deansfield School.

When were you at Deansfield?

And @thewolfboy?

@Addickted, I was there at Cubs and Scouts I guess from about 1978-1985, plus at School there 1975-1981.

I believe the 9th were there as well on a different night, moving from the Rochester Way playing field hut?
    You'd have been taught by my Mum.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Akela? Or at school?
  • Options
    I was at  cub scout camp, and one of our number woke up and was bright blue! Turns out Shaun was a bed wetter and the dye in his cheap camp bed mattress had run and stained him blue.
  • Options
    Hal1x said:
    I was at  cub scout camp, and one of our number woke up and was bright blue! Turns out Rob was a bed wetter and the dye in his cheap camp bed mattress had run and stained him blue.
    Edited  ;)

School @EastTerrace
  • Options
    redman said:
    I find this very sad and disappointed with the decision. Once sold it will never be recovered. Scouting has been flourishing in the last 20 years and this is really damaging to the development of young people. 

Sorry redman......I’ve obviously missed something.
    What decision has been made to sell what?
    to sell the Downe Activity Centre

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-54842923
  • Options
    edited November 2020