Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tim Brooke-Taylor RIP

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2020
    Absolutely gutted to hear this news,he was my favourite of the Goodies, mind you all 3 were brilliant, he also wrote some stuff that the Python team performed. This virus is taking out so many and sadly I think there will be many more to come. RIP Tim, my condolences to his family and friends, go and make heaven smile x God bless x
  • Options
    Ecky thump.  RIP
  • Options
    Very sad to hear this. RIP Tim
  • Options
    Mornington Crescent is trending on Twitter  :'(
  • Options
    Oh no, that's so sad. Another favourite of mine growing up in the 70's gone. 
  • Options
    God I hate this fucking virus. 
    RIP  Tim 
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP 
  • Options
    RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A very funny man. RIP
  • Options
    RIIP Tim
  • Options
    Oh blimey so sad.
    Just loved the goodies.

The goodies, goodie goodie goodies!
    RIP Tim
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP TIm
    This virus is killing my memories one by one 
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    70s story. Used to have to go to bed at 8, but on Goodies nights I was allowed to get back up and watch it. Went to a reunion show last year. Feeling sad. Just re-reading one of the brilliant books they did.
  • Options
    The Goodies were part of my childhood. Who can forget the giant cat or 3 of them on a bike.

Just read that he co-wrote the 4 Yorkshire men sketch. I used to dream of living in a corridor......

RIP.
  • Options
    Talented man, I used to like The Goodies.
    RIP 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RIP. 

Ironically I am watching Willy Wonka at the moment. Tim has a walk on part as a Computer Scientist. 
  • Options
    How could I also forget!?! Perhaps his greatest work - Bananaman! Perfect kids television. 
  • Options
    So So Sad, I grew up with him and loved the Goodies, shit year so much
  • Options
    Oh no. He was so funny in I'm sorry I haven't a clue.
  • Options
    Loved the Goodies. So sad to hear this. RIP Tim 
  • Options
    Had heard of but not really my generation. If you could recommend one scene, radio or show clip to try and google, what would it be?
  • Options
    Had heard of but not really my generation. If you could recommend one scene, radio or show clip to try and google, what would it be?
    To be fair have you seen Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory?

The guy who asks the computer where the last golden egg is, that's him.
  • Options
    To be fair have you seen Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory?

The guy who asks the computer where the last golden egg is, that's him.
    I’m guessing that wasn’t his finest work :-)
  • Options
    Four Yorkshire men, which he co-wrote

Any of the goodies episodes
  • Options
    He had a very long career. The Four Yorkshiremen sketch (from At Last The 1948 Show) is pretty famous, and he looks very young in it:
    I saw someone describe The Goodies as "live action animation" yesterday, and it's very slapstick, so it's mainly nostalgia for any one who was a young kid in the 70s I think. The "Kitten Kong" episode is probably the most famous one, and I have fairly clear memories of it despite the fact it was made before I was born, so I presume I must've seen a repeat at some stage. This'll give you a flavour if it, but may leave you with more questions than answers:
    More recently he's been doing stuff on various radio 4 comedies, particularly I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue. I don't really listen to that, but one of the things it's famous for is "One Song Sung To The Tune of Another" and there's an example here from The One Show: https://youtu.be/KLcnKsITsJ8?t=37