Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tim Brooke-Taylor RIP

13»

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2020
    My favourite episodes were Gunfight at OK tea rooms (I think that is what it was called) and Ecky Thump. As a boy, there was a time when the Goodies was my favourite programme and I'm sure it influenced my sense of humour as well as any others. I'm sure it has aged which is probably why I haven't watched it since, but that is true of most comedy and takes nothing away from the joy it gave us.  

Like Monty Python, I felt it belonged to me as my parents were not into it and didn't get it. 
  • Options
    RIP Tim. 

• Options
    edited April 2020
    Saw TBT bowl from the Nursery End in a Lords Taverners game in 1975. He started by running backwards around the sightscreen and then lolloping in. 

Opening the bowling that day were, Brian Clough and Ed Stewart against Geoff Boycott, who got 60. In the middle order was Richie Benaud who got about 45. 

It was also the last time Compton and Edrich batted together at Lords.....and later on Compton bowled Graeme Pollock first ball! It was an eventful experience and my Dad almost broke a finger dropping a Mike Proctor six in The Mound Stand. Only my 2nd visit to Lords and a great way to spend what would have no doubt otherwise have been a boring Sunday afternoon!