Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kevin Lisbie Interview with Matt Holland

13»

Comments

• Options
    Rudd as well

• Options
    edited April 2020
  • Options
    boggzy said:
    Currently live on Instagram talking about all Football but currently on Charlton

https://www.instagram.com/kevin_lisbie/live/

Mentioned that there was one away game when Rommedahl was sitting in Ugg Boots because he was cold

Even they admitted he couldnt cross the ball
    His goal against the filth justified his salary with us.

A decent one up at Newcastle as well, although not so important!
    Every goal Dennis got was great - just a shame they were all away from home.
    "Dennis in the last minute" 
    You do realise it was at Selhurst? Or am I being whooshed?

I still love that Curbs persuaded him to join Charlton, I remember being really made-up about it.
    I know he probably didn't deliver all that was expected, but that was probs less to do with him then with us not being quite good enough to accommodate him.
    Anyway, I'll slap anyone I hear dissing him.
    When I say slap, I mean I will look very fierce.
    I have never played football at any level, but even I could see that DR didn't want the ball with his back to goal.  He may have been a shit crosser into a crowded box but if we passed for him to run onto, 1v1 or 2v2 it may have been different.
    Yeah we really didnt play to his strengths, the few times we did he was unplayable

Didnt he put in another really good performance @ Middlesbrough?

Ultimately the biggest disappointed was the fact he couldnt get Mark van Bommel to sign for us (if ever we were truly interested)

3-0 game very early in the season on television.
    We had Bent, Rommedhal, Murphy and Smertin running the show for those first few games. Incredible attacking football, suited to all of them.

As I remember we had a capitulation against Spurs or Blackburn at The Valley and Curbishley decided from thereon in it was eleven men behind the ball all the bloody time, which really wasted their talent, (especially Rommedhal), and completely pissed off Murphy. I don't like the bloke but he was initially vocally positive about our getting into Europe the chemistry they had and the way they were playing in those early games.

Big reason Smertin wanted out too I think.

Typical Charlton... "what might have been"
    We started that season on fire.
    Basically everything was going through Murphy. 
    Once the oppo started doubling up or crowding him they cut of the supply chain.
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Trying to think of keepers that have been with us but never played. Maxwell, Daniels, Rachubka (I think) spring to mind.
    Sergio Leite

When you look at it we've had some pretty decent keepers over the years
    Its difficult to list them because of the various Leagues they've each played in but if I had to do it on that basis:

Premier League: Kiely | Carson | Myhre | Royce | Anderson | Ilic | Petterson
    Championship: Kiely | Hamer | Phillips | Ilic | Salmon | Elliot | Button | Weaver | Petterson
    League One: Hamer | Phillips | Amos | Steer | Randolph | Elliot | Sullivan | Worner

Dont think I've forgotten anyone (Dont think I ever saw Mike Ammann play which is why I've not included him)
    I think Ben Roberts made one Prem appearance for us. Neil Etheridge made a couple of Championship appearances, and Carl Ikeme made a few in League One

Never heard/knew of Ikeme.
    Carl Ikeme was the Wolves Goalkeeper who retired due to Lukemenia

Had a loan spell with us in League One

Main memory was he played for us @ Southampton when we lost in the EFL Trophy (game was on Sky) - Luke Holden also came on that day

Wonder how many people remember that name :)
    Played the famous Yeovil away game in the rain
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Talal said:
    Trying to think of keepers that have been with us but never played. Maxwell, Daniels, Rachubka (I think) spring to mind.
    Sergio Leite

Its difficult to list them because of the various Leagues they've each played in but if I had to do it on that basis:

Championship: Kiely | Hamer | Phillips | Ilic | Salmon | Elliot | Button | Weaver | Petterson
    League One: Hamer | Phillips | Amos | Steer | Randolph | Elliot | Sullivan | Worner

Dont think I've forgotten anyone (Dont think I ever saw Mike Ammann play which is why I've not included him)
    I think Ben Roberts made one Prem appearance for us. Neil Etheridge made a couple of Championship appearances, and Carl Ikeme made a few in League One

Main memory was he played for us @ Southampton when we lost in the EFL Trophy (game was on Sky) - Luke Holden also came on that day

Nope - He only played in that one EFL Trophy game
  • Options
    Another story Matt told was about Hermann

Apparently got woken up in the middle off the night with Hermann's face inches from his own

Hermann started repeating something in Icelandic with Matt responding each time that he couldnt understand what Hermann was saying

HH suddenly went: "Oh yeah I forgot you didnt speak Icelandic" and went back to bed
    No comment
  • Options
    edited April 2020
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Sergio Leite

Nope - He only played in that one EFL Trophy game

cross purposes....You were talking about Holden, I was talking about Ikeme  (my main memory was Yeovil away...)
  • Options
    God, Nicky Weaver, I forgot about him
  • Options
    boggzy said:
    Currently live on Instagram talking about all Football but currently on Charlton

https://www.instagram.com/kevin_lisbie/live/

Mentioned that there was one away game when Rommedahl was sitting in Ugg Boots because he was cold

Even they admitted he couldnt cross the ball
    His goal against the filth justified his salary with us.

A decent one up at Newcastle as well, although not so important!
    Every goal Dennis got was great - just a shame they were all away from home.
    "Dennis in the last minute" 
    You do realise it was at Selhurst? Or am I being whooshed?

I still love that Curbs persuaded him to join Charlton, I remember being really made-up about it.
    I know he probably didn't deliver all that was expected, but that was probs less to do with him then with us not being quite good enough to accommodate him.
    Anyway, I'll slap anyone I hear dissing him.
    When I say slap, I mean I will look very fierce.
    I have never played football at any level, but even I could see that DR didn't want the ball with his back to goal.  He may have been a shit crosser into a crowded box but if we passed for him to run onto, 1v1 or 2v2 it may have been different.
    Yeah we really didnt play to his strengths, the few times we did he was unplayable

Didnt he put in another really good performance @ Middlesbrough?

Ultimately the biggest disappointed was the fact he couldnt get Mark van Bommel to sign for us (if ever we were truly interested)

3-0 game very early in the season on television.
    We had Bent, Rommedhal, Murphy and Smertin running the show for those first few games. Incredible attacking football, suited to all of them.

As I remember we had a capitulation against Spurs or Blackburn at The Valley and Curbishley decided from thereon in it was eleven men behind the ball all the bloody time, which really wasted their talent, (especially Rommedhal), and completely pissed off Murphy. I don't like the bloke but he was initially vocally positive about our getting into Europe the chemistry they had and the way they were playing in those early games.

Big reason Smertin wanted out too I think.

Typical Charlton... "what might have been"
    i agree with this - curbs bottled it and stuck the handbrake on - we had thomas as well who was a major threat on his day - maybe curbs felt we'd been sussed out and to be fair he [robably knows more th an us but it definitely felt like we just stopped going for it - we could have done a Leicester!!!!