Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

No Vaccination Novak Djokovic

Comments

• Options
    I'm not on a wind up. I'm genuinely interested in Novac's choice to avoid vaccination, even if it ends his tennis career. And I am just expressing my view that one should try to purify the planet and ones body rather than pollute it. Every time you take a vaccine you run the risk of weakening your overall immunity system (and maybe your DNA). You may not get Covid-19 with this surmised vaccine but may become more prone to getting something else, that could be far worse. 

As we grow up our body needs to get rid of its gathered toxins. That is why we have childhood diseases such as chicken-pox. I think it is better for my child to have chicken-pox and release its toxins than to suppress the disease. I know that the vast majority of you will disagree with me but my family are all very healthy and my mother, a nature-cure freak in her own right, is truly amazing at the age of 92. (She's also a Charlton fan!)

It's easy to forget that vaccines are the product of really evil vivisection processes that kill millions of creatures each year. I can't live with that but I realise that most of you will accept that concept.

Finally, if you all have taken the Covid-19 vaccine and I don't, surely I am the one taking the risk? If I did feel poorly I would certainly take the test and if confirmed self isolate big time. Of course I get colds and man-flu like everybody else and my immunity system deals with them, so after a day or so I'm usually okay again.  
  • Options
    I'm not on a wind up. I'm genuinely interested in Novac's choice to avoid vaccination, even if it ends his tennis career. And I am just expressing my view that one should try to purify the planet and ones body rather than pollute it. Every time you take a vaccine you run the risk of weakening your overall immunity system (and maybe your DNA). You may not get Covid-19 with this surmised vaccine but may become more prone to getting something else, that could be far worse. 

As we grow up our body needs to get rid of its gathered toxins. That is why we have childhood diseases such as chicken-pox. I think it is better for my child to have chicken-pox and release its toxins than to suppress the disease. I know that the vast majority of you will disagree with me but my family are all very healthy and my mother, a nature-cure freak in her own right, is truly amazing at the age of 92. (She's also a Charlton fan!)

It's easy to forget that vaccines are the product of really evil vivisection processes that kill millions of creatures each year. I can't live with that but I realise that most of you will accept that concept.

Finally, if you all have taken the Covid-19 vaccine and I don't, surely I am the one taking the risk? If I did feel poorly I would certainly take the test and if confirmed self isolate big time. Of course I get colds and man-flu like everybody else and my immunity system deals with them, so after a day or so I'm usually okay again.  
    No, you're taking the risk for yourself and other people who are unable to have the vaccine for whatever reason. Newborns, those undergoing cancer treatment, anyone who is immunocompromied, they are all unable to become immune and are particularly susceptible to dying from the illness, which they sadly can't banter off with a vegan diet. Some diseases have incredibly high transmission rates, so for instance with measles you need 90-95% of the population to be vaccinated in order to protect the whole population. Basically every person who decides they don't need a vaccine because they're too strong to be killed by a virus is creating a link in a chain that can reach someone who doesn't have the capacity to survive infection. You'd probably be absolutely fine, you'd self-isolate for a bit and you'd walk away laughing, but in that time you can infect someone vulnerable and you continue the existence and threat of an illness that can be removed from the world. What works for you and your family is not more relevant than actual science, which tells us that herd immunity is how we protect our vulnerable members of society. But fuck them, right? Planet needs purifying.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    LenGlover said:
    LenGlover said:
    LenGlover said:
    In a free society, which I assume we aspire to live in, there has to be an element of choice.

The longterm impact of new vaccines is unknown by definition so, in a free society, people have the right not to take the risk should they so choose.

A minority view no doubt and, for the record, despite my fears and misgivings, I would have a COVID -19 vaccination if one was available to me probably, although as an elderly, weak member of 'the herd' and thus probable LEAVE voter I doubt it would be available to me, but I respect the right of those who think differently to make their own choice.
    This weeks award for most gratuitous reference to Brexit.
    I'm a great believer in the odd bit of levity to keep things in perspective and good humoured on threads like this.

@ShootersHillGuru and I have sparred on here over many years and met personally a few times too. He'll take that in exactly the spirit it was meant.
    Uhuh. And did you take my comment in the same spirit or is it a private banter party? 😂
    Certainly I did and @RodneyCharltonTrotta's too.

However, as I don't know you that well on here and seeing your avatar with the blue and yellow stars which could have meant you took a flippant comment seriously I thought I'd better introduce a bit of context.
    Fair enough.  
  • Options
    edited April 2020

Answer to my question please. Have you ever had a cold ? Yes.

That means you are just as susceptible to a virus as anyone else. Did the cold give you the classic symptoms ? Cough, runny nose, sore throat ? I’m assuming it did otherwise you wouldn’t know you had it. On that basis should you get a virus like COVID-19 or something worse you would be in the same boat as everyone else despite your saintly diet and lifestyle. 
  • Options

If you feel this way dont take anything for a headache. Its all been tested on animals even the soaps that you may use have paths and links back to animal testing. I dont eat meat or any of their products and wouldn't intentionally inflict cruelty on animals but if its them or me it aint going to be me.  
    Also this toxin stuff you talk of, you do know you what liver, kidneys and other bits do?
  • Options
    Nobody ever changes their mind about anything! 

Human beings simply cannot do it.

When we argue we are just trying to understand each others opinions and somehow live together!
  • Options

When we argue we are just trying to understand each others opinions and somehow live together!
    Plenty on here have changed their minds about our current owners.
  • Options
    Fair Point!
  • Options
    Every time you take a vaccine you run the risk of weakening your overall immunity system (and maybe your DNA). 

Would you mind going to the trouble of citing a credible source for this? 

You may not get Covid-19 with this surmised vaccine but may become more prone to getting something else, that could be far worse. 

Are you able to tell me specifically what that 'something' is? 
  • Options

I'm not even sure what point you're trying to make here... 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
     Captain Cook's crew infected Pacific islanders.  
    Cook's sailors introduced tuberculosis to the Native population, which would eventually kill thousands of people. But they also brought diseases like syphilis and gonorrhea, No wonder they were attacked and Cook was murdered on a second visit.

Injections or tablets are sometimes needed.

• Options

Nor am I really. 

It's just that we seem to waste so much time trying to convince each other that we are right using boring things like evidence and reason.

But Novak or Wolfboy are never going to change their beliefs and I certainly am not going to change mine!

It seems rather pointless bothering about it in this particular case. Anyone who is worried should be able to get a vaccination when its available - so it doesn't really matter if others prefer to take their chances!

I agree this isn't always the case. It's not so simple when a parent doesn't want their child to have a vaccination or indeed any medical treatment for a potentially dangerous illness. Or doesn't want their child to attend school... etc. These are the debates which really matter!
  • Options

Nor am I really. 

It's just that we seem to waste so much time trying to convince each other that we are right using boring things like evidence and reason.

But Novak or Wolfboy are never going to change their beliefs and I certainly am not going to change mine!

It seems rather pointless bothering about it in this particular case. Anyone who is worried should be able to get a vaccination when its available - so it doesn't really matter if others prefer to take their chances!

I agree this isn't always the case. It's not so simple when a parent doesn't want their child to have a vaccination or indeed any medical treatment for a potentially dangerous illness. Or doesn't want their child to attend school... etc. These are the debates which really matter!
    You fail to understand how 'science' works. In this case, vaccination.

The effectiveness of a vaccination programme is not a simple case of 'I'm less vulnerable if I get the vaccine, but if I choose not to take it, that's a risk I'm willing to accept'. For a vaccine to be effective, a certain percentage of people need to be inoculated. In the case of something exceptionally virulent, like measles, that number is quite high. Hence the recurrence of measles in the last few years - Andrew Wakefield should be imprisoned for that disgrace, but I digress.

For a less transmissible disease, it's a bit lower - but the fact remains, in order to protect society as a whole, the population at large need to be inoculated. I suspect when you say 'boring things like evidence and reason' that you're trolling there, as nobody could be that fucking dense - but it's a very valid point you make. People don't need to understand the exact method of virus transmission, they don't need to understand the way that viruses work biologically speaking, they don't even need to know what they're called. They just need to get the fucking vaccine. And if they don't - then serious decisions, at some point, need to be taken about their ability to participate in a society. 
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/34ZTWvkgiQE

One for the anti-vaxxers...
  • Options

Nor am I really. 

It's not about you taking your chances, it's the fact that you could then get the disease and then pass on the disease to somebody who did get vaccinated but for whatever reason the vaccination doesn't work. The only reason you're able to "take your chances" is because everyone else isn't which is keeping you safe. This is called herd immunity.  It's a grotesquely selfish act not getting vaccinated for these things imo. 
  • Options
    It is no surprise that the Sunday Mail surmises that the initial cause of the Covid-19 virus is a leak from a Science Research (probably vivisection) Lab in Wu han. If true, it begs the question, why is such a toxic virus is being played around with in the first place?
    No-one is going to catch the Covid-19 virus from me because I don't have it. They won't catch measles, cholera or cancer from me either because I am relatively healthy and don't carry these awful diseases. In fact I would be more likely to catch Covid-19 from you, assuming the proposed vaccine carries a tiny proportion of the virus in it. But even if I did catch Covid-19 I would be pretty confident that my healthy immunity system would defeat the virus - after all 86.5 people who currently catch the virus do survive, if you can believe the official UK figures (which are probably incorrect).
  • Options
    Shooters...don't call me a saint. That is very insulting. I'm an Addick and always will be!
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    It is no surprise that the Sunday Mail surmises that the initial cause of the Covid-19 virus is a leak from a Science Research (probably vivisection) Lab in Wu han. If true, it begs the question, why is such a toxic virus is being played around with in the first place?
    No-one is going to catch the Covid-19 virus from me because I don't have it. They won't catch measles, cholera or cancer from me either because I am relatively healthy and don't carry these awful diseases. In fact I would be more likely to catch Covid-19 from you, assuming the proposed vaccine carries a tiny proportion of the virus in it. But even if I did catch Covid-19 I would be pretty confident that my healthy immunity system would defeat the virus - after all 86.5 people who currently catch the virus do survive, if you can believe the official UK figures (which are probably incorrect).
    1. How do you know you don't have it?

2. That's not how viruses work. 
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    also, I’m fairly certain I had the virus a month ago, it fucked me up for weeks, and I had a mild form of it, and I’m a gym going 28 year old with no chronic conditions. You could also pass it to some one who does have health conditions and will die from it. “I’m alright jack” springs to mind. Just selfishness.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What about this are you not getting? It doesn't matter if you have a healthy immune system, you can pass it on to those who don't by being a link in the chain that connects them to someone who has it. If you refuse to have a vaccine and come into contact with someone who has the disease, and then pass it on to someone with cancer or HIV who can't get immunity then your stupidity will kill them. It's as simple as that. Do they seriously let you teach children?
    Actually, the fact you've just said that someone won't 'catch' cancer from you indicates that you're on a wind-up, which is just weird. I hope so anyway, because the alternative is more depressing.
  • Options
    I fully agree that everybody should be vaccinated against everything! You don't have to convince me of that! I've had everything going.

To be fair though, when I go abroad, I take the jabs because I'm shit scared of catching something rather than any altruistic concept of herd immunity!

I was just trying to point out that using evidence and reason to convince people like Novak to change their mind will never work.  Most people (and unfortunately I include myself in this) accept science when it justifies their beliefs and reject it when it doesn't. 

The more you batter climate change sceptics with facts, the more conspiracy theories you get! Was there a single person who changed sides over Brexit because of reasoned economic arguments? 
    And then there's HS2 - it's either a vanity project for rich people or a sensible way to bring our railways into the 21st century - facts just don't come into it!

For what it's worth I suspect the uptake of a Covid virus will naturally be very high - basically because people are scared. And that's good enough for me. There's no need to waste time on the idiots who don't want it so long as they don't try to persuade other people not to have it.

So let's concentrate on finding a way to get people like Andrew Wakefield and parents who won't have their children vaccinated against measles imprisoned - hopefully in the same bloody cell as Donald Trump!

I'm really sorry if my ramblings have upset or annoyed anybody. Maybe the self-isolation is getting to me a bit!

• Options
    Seriously mate. You shouldn’t be teaching anyone. You levels of knowledge exposed here are dangerous. 
  • Options
    Are you sure you are not a pupil at the school ? 
  • Options
    This thread just proves there are morons everywhere. But we all knew that already didn’t we.

• Options
    When you all line up for your Covid-19 jab, why not actually ask the Doctor what is in the vaccine. I don't wish harm on anybody, in fact I hope the vaccine works and you are free from this virus. But if in ten or twenty years time you suddenly develop a cancer or leukaemia and say to yourself, "why me?" then maybe, putting this crap into your immunity system will have been the cause.
  • Options
    The reason no one will catch measles from you is because you were vaccinated against it 

• Options
    Quite early on in my educational career I had as one of my charges a little lad with a stiff neck. I suggested to his mum that she might like to take him to see a cranial osteopath (I know about this stuff because my wife is/was an osteopath) and briefly explained about fluids running up and down the spine. She completely misconstrued what I had said and thought that her child had water on the brain (hydrocephalus) freaked out and complained to the school headteacher. Quite rightly the head tore into me for giving medical advice and I never went beyond my educational brief again; not even to my colleagues although they knew I was a vegan freak.
  • Options
    I sincerely believe we should clean up the planet and purify our bodies as best we can. That is surely the best way to fight disease. Fair do's to Leroy for saying he isn't at all bothered about the creature suffering to create vaccines but I am concerned. I think it is evil. That's it. I am not going to make any more comments re vaccination because I know I just annoy you all.