Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

No Vaccination Novak Djokovic

Comments

• Options
    Australian public are livid. Not going to be pretty.
    Massively increased infection numbers in Australia; difficulty in accessing (paid-for) tests; and a prominent non-vaxxer allowed in to the country. It's not surprising they'll be furious. I can't imagine he'll get a great welcome on court. 
  • Options
    Imagine Qatar will do the same thing this year for the World Cup to ensure all the big names are able to be involved. 
  • Options
    Daft thing is I honestly think it'd be more interesting without him there.

No need to bend the rules and annoy everyone.
  • Options
    Jams, I have a second cousin, actually a Charlton fan, who was born without legs due to the Thalidomide drug that was supposed to make it easier for women to have a more comfortable pregnancy. I am not condemning scientists out of hand - just saying stop treating them as if they are demi-gods. They make mistakes and are sometimes stupid. Like I wonder who it was who decided it would be a good idea to make an atomic bomb.
    So you cherry pick which scientists you back up and agree with, depending on whether their science aligns with your political / general outlook on life?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:
    Billy_Mix said:
    who is prepared to take this sort of risk with their health:
    https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021/nov/30/life-tragic-death-john-eyers-fitness-fanatic-who-refused-covid-vaccine

more importantly who is prepared to expose their loved ones to this sort of risk..?
    It all depends on your risk assessment.
    His loved ones all got vaccinated.
    The risk for himself was far greater and he knew that.

This type of article is typical of today's Covid19 propaganda that is designed to weave the new social standards into people's minds that we are each indirectly responsible for the health of others. 
    Meanwhile we are not allowed to say that an individual is responsible for his own health. I for example have put on over 2kg over Christmas and drank more alcohol. This makes me 4kg overweight. Every kilo makes me more unhealthy and more susceptible to disease. The alcohol does too.
    It is my personal responsibility to lose their extra weight. I don't ask others to abandon aspects of their lives to account for my own lack of responsibility or to allow for my unhealthy life choices.
    But other people can’t “contract” being overweight from you, they can contract covid from you.
    Yes, but if they look after their health and have accepted the vaccination then they have no more to fear than flu symptoms.

Besides, as @stevexreeve said just after you, if you put the responsibility on individuals to be indirectly  responsible for the health of others, then you have to ban all vehicles that travel over 10km/H, ban golf, ban drones, destroy all bridges and tall buildings - in fact anything that could result in injury or death for someone else.
  • Options
    Billy_Mix said:
    who is prepared to take this sort of risk with their health:
    https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021/nov/30/life-tragic-death-john-eyers-fitness-fanatic-who-refused-covid-vaccine

more importantly who is prepared to expose their loved ones to this sort of risk..?

This type of article is typical of today's Covid19 propaganda that is designed to weave the new social standards into people's minds that we are each indirectly responsible for the health of others. 

We bloody well should be! 
    I think you're confusing 'directly responsible' and 'indirectly responsible'
  • Options
    So many brainwashed pharmaceutical industry boot lickers on charlton life, genuinely scary. Some won't be happy until the unvaccinated are completely banned from public life, and they're proud of their fear, they feel righteous that they listened to big daddy government which has always cared for their health and never lied. People keep bringing up mumps,measels, smallpox etc, but those traditional vaccines are a completely different technology, few people are against those vaccines, they have nothing in common with the covid vaccines, stop conflating them, it is a lazy argument, and they are completely different diseases that definitely always have symptoms and don't mimick a standard cold virus or ''no symptoms at all.''

If anyone dares to suggest you are being manipulated by the government/media, you are labelled an ''anti-vaxxer.'' A phrase they learnt from the media, a phrase they never used before 2020. Repeated phrases like ''trust the science'' have scrambled their free thought. Sad. They were first manipulated by watching the media and being told to clap for the NHS. This was the start of the manipulation into ''group think.'' Basic psychology tricks, militarised ''simon says'' games against the british public.

''UK foreign secretary Dominic Raab paid a lengthy tribute to the “amazing work” of the British army during the coronavirus pandemic. His praise was likely well-received by the individual standing two metres to his left – General Nick Carter, the UK’s most senior military officer, who appeared at the briefing for the first time.''

''In a speech afterwards, General Carter outlined various ways in which the military was supporting the government and, crucially, noted that the highly secretive 77th Brigade was “helping to quash rumours from misinformation, but also counter disinformation'' - Research Brigade 77 - The British Army is being used on your mind.. do you have any idea of the psychology tricks they know about?

Who remembers the first footage shown in China, December 2019/January 2020? Of people catching the virus? It showed CCTV footage of people falling flat on their faces exactly like a plank of wood. They would be out in public, and would just fall on their faces, like a slapstick comedy, there just so happened to be medical people stood near by to carry them off. Notice how after the fear was spread, that symptom never happened ever again, in any other country, and the footage from china stopped? CCP would definitely never use actors to instill fear into it's population would it? The footage is still on youtube, but you need to confirm your ID in order to watch it now, funny that.

Of course it's even harder to convince British people that our own government uses ''crisis actors'' - actors for doctors and nurses, actors for the sick, actors for the police. Too much of a conspiracy for some. Understandable.

Isn't it strange how when Wuhan China was on lockdown, people getting welded/sealed into their homes, which I'm sure many charlton fans agree with for the unvaccinated, you had the Chinese lady in Wuhan shout from her balcony ''its all fake.'' footage still on youtube. Again no one questions it anymore.

Your 2nd post on CL, with your first post being about experiencing a poltergeist - I think that wraps matters up !!!
    To be fair they refer to being bamboozeled by a poltergeist. They may still be suffering from a state of bamboozelment.
  • Options
    Jesus Christ pop-pickers, a new entry at the top of the Charlton Life Looney Table…

**play TOTP theme….
  • Options
    Never like Djokavic, hope he gets sent packing home. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Possible problem with his visa?
    Karma!
  • Options
    Scott Morrison (Aussie PM) vs No-vac Djokovic in the 1st round

I'm predicting a triple bagel  :)
  • Options
    I’m on the fence with this one. I use to be undecided but I’m not so sure now🤔… Let me first say that I had Covid when it first started doing the rounds and have since been tripled vaccinated 🤗. But I’m still leaning towards the support of those that don’t want to be vaccinated as to what the problem is🧐? I can still carry the virus even though I’ve been vaccinated and so can those that are not vaccinated. The only difference I believe is that should i contract the virus again it is very unlikely that it will result in my demise or hopefully not to have a long term issues. Those that don’t have the vaccine are at a higher risk of dying or suffering serious illnesses. Surely that is the choice of those people that don’t want the vaccine? And back to the original point, in that the tennis player doesn’t want the vaccine but wants to play in the tournament. Is he a higher risk of bringing the virus into Australia than the vaccinated players? What the dilemma is is that Australian Government has got their knickers in a twist by applying double standards and I totally support the uproar that the government will face from its citizens. 😤

Oops up side again i said oops up side again. 🥸
  • Options
    A couple of anti vaxxers that I know reckon you can beat the virus with a healthy diet and plenty of exercise. 

How come then that so many football games are getting cancelled. 
    The vast majority of footballers are extremely healthy fit young people in their 20s who have a healthy diet. 
    Firstly I must re-iterate that I am not an
    anti-vaxxer.

Surely however the point you make that all footballers who have had the virus are back playing is good support for their argument. I think that is the definition of 'beating the virus.'

• Options
    A couple of anti vaxxers that I know reckon you can beat the virus with a healthy diet and plenty of exercise. 

And will most likely steadfastly defend their viewpoint unless and until they wind up in ICU with it.