Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

My horrendous meeting with Propofol.

13»

Comments

• Options
    Great to have you back.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Bloody hell Soundas, you've been through the mill there.
    I trust you are taking everything as easy as you can.
    Please tell us if there is any way at all we can assist you.
    I'm presuming everything is in hand for you unless you tell us otherwise.
    All the very best to you.
  • Options
    Thanks CE......I am getting stronger every day and actually managed a short trip to Tesco’s a day or two back.......feel weak as a kitten still and it will most likely take another six weeks or so before I am back to any reasonable degree of fitness.
    Have a lovely neighbour who takes Zuben for a walk every day, so that has been a great help and a problem off my mind.
  • Options
    Thanks CE......I am getting stronger every day and actually managed a short trip to Tesco’s a day or two back.......feel weak as a kitten still and it will most likely take another six weeks or so before I am back to any reasonable degree of fitness.
    Have a lovely neighbour who takes Zuben for a walk every day, so that has been a great help and a problem off my mind.
    Do you have anything/anyone in place to get your shopping & medicines?
  • Options
    Glad to hear you're gradually on the mend, SoundAs.

• Options
    Please @SoundAsa£, take it really gently, and let us know if there's anything we can help with. Your body has clearly been through a lot and you'll need to allow yourself lots of recovery time. Glad to hear you're feeling better though.
  • Options
    All the best @SoundAsa£
  • Options
    Great news. Take it easy so you’re raring to go at the next game. 

Probably some time me in 2023. 
  • Options
    I'm very glad to see you posting and able to  tell us your horror story! So glad you pulled through the other side.

Strong man! All the best Stu. X 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Welcome back SoundAs. 
  • Options
    Glad your on the recovery.  Welcome back.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Oh yes CE, that’s all covered but thanks for asking.
     As I mentioned above, as long as I take things steady I can now manage at Tesco’s and my local pharmacy.
    I had a wonderful team of home helps and district nurses for a few weeks who came in three times a day......that has finished now and I miss them quite a lot as they were great company whilst they were here.
    I have a very untidy grey beard and piercing staring eyes, like piss holes in the snow and have lost the best part of two stones.
    A bit scary to be honest......but my appetite is back.
    Because of my infected gallbladder I am being super careful with what I eat, the last thing I want is for it to flare up again and to find myself rushed back into hospital.....unfortunately that is a very real possibility to happen at some point, it’s already happened twice now in four months.
    I couldn’t be operated on because of the embargo on non essential surgical procedures, though I am 100% certain that if that does happen again that they will see it as a much more serious situation and operate......of course I will be nervous because of my level of fitness and anyway, I’ve had my fill of hospitals for now,  but I can’t go on living with repeated flare ups.
    The pain from an infected gallbladder is absolutely awful!
  • Options
    Glad you appear to be on the mend mate. 
  • Options
    Good to hear you're on the mend @SoundAsa£
  • Options
    So pleased to hear you are on the mend and posting. Steady steps forward now!
  • Options
    Literally, welcome back. Sounds like we nearly lost you. Take care, mate 
  • Options
    Wow @SoundAsa£ you’ve seriously been milking the attention 😜

So very happy to see you back here and thank you for trusting us with your story. Can’t have been easy. 

Please stay safe. Sending much love to you ❤️
  • Options
    Oh yes CE, that’s all covered but thanks for asking.
     As I mentioned above, as long as I take things steady I can now manage at Tesco’s and my local pharmacy.
    I had a wonderful team of home helps and district nurses for a few weeks who came in three times a day......that has finished now and I miss them quite a lot as they were great company whilst they were here.
    I have a very untidy grey beard and piercing staring eyes, like piss holes in the snow and have lost the best part of two stones.
    A bit scary to be honest......but my appetite is back.
    Because of my infected gallbladder I am being super careful with what I eat, the last thing I want is for it to flare up again and to find myself rushed back into hospital.....unfortunately that is a very real possibility to happen at some point, it’s already happened twice now in four months.
    I couldn’t be operated on because of the embargo on non essential surgical procedures, though I am 100% certain that if that does happen again that they will see it as a much more serious situation and operate......of course I will be nervous because of my level of fitness and anyway, I’ve had my fill of hospitals for now,  but I can’t go on living with repeated flare ups.
    The pain from an infected gallbladder is absolutely awful!
    You lucky sod @SoundAsa£ I’ve got that without the weight loss! 

Seriously, so glad you’re ok, was really worried about you. Take care my friend and reach out on here if you need anything
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    I had to attend hospital yesterday to see an anesthesist 
    ahead of my long awaited gallbladder op......this being as a result of my Covid illness.
    From my discharge notes back in April I understood quite a bit that had happened to me.....Opioid Toxicity, collapsed lungs, Sepsis. as well as a Gallbladder infection.....however, I was in for an almighty shock, there were a couple of things there that had Latin names and understandably I didn’t know what they were.
    This doctor had in front of him the entire notes of my stay in Hospital and whilst going through some of the stuff that was going on with me he happened to mention I actually had kidney failure and was on a dialysis machine for three days!! Unbelievably, I had never been told about this, not even my GP mentioned it.....as you may well imagine, what a total shock.
    Also, on April 6th evidently I was shouting and kicking out at the nurses,  exactly why It didn’t say.....how embarrassing, particularly as I thought I had at all times been a model patient. I remember nothing of either of these episodes.....I wonder what else lies hidden away in those notes?
    The upshot of the Kidney issue is that most likely they will yet again delay my op in order to give my kidneys further time to recover.....FFS will this saga never end!🤒🤕😷💉
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stay in there. It will end positively for you, it just needs time. All the best with it. You have beaten Covid, it hasn't beaten you. Well done.
  • Options
    Stay in there. It will end positively for you, it just needs time. All the best with it. You have beaten Covid, it hasn't beaten you. Well done.
    Cheers Muttley 👍🏼
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Bloody hell SoundAs some people will do anything to miss a Charlton car crash end of season!!!!

Seriously though mate, what a story, and I wish you all the best.
  • Options
    That sounds horrendous @SoundAsa£ . You are obviously a fighter, good luck with your recovery.
  • Options
    Glad your recovery continues. Sounds like you've had a tough old time.
  • Options
    You’re a fighter and been thru a lot. But now there is light at the end of the tunnel.  Keep going mate ! 
  • Options
    What a tough time you have had @SoundAsa£, but you are a proven fighter, and whilst recovery is proving long and very frustrating, stay strong.