Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Little Richard RIP

Little Richard Has died age 87

He might divide opinion but there is no doubting his musical influence .

Comments

• RIP true rock n roll legend.
  • Thought he died years ago to be honest 
  • Genius.
    RIP
  • Rip Loved Little Richard, one of the greats of rock n roll
  • A real legend RIP
  • RIP
  • edited May 2020
    Good Golly ... RIP, LR, RIP
  • RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• RIP little man.
  • One of the true innovators, a genuine legend.

Henners sums it up well.

Not sure that he divides opinion - he never behaved like Jerry Lee...    

RIP The Georgia Peach. 
  • Joe Brown had a great story about his mate in his skiffle band coming round and practically dragging him to his house to hear a 78 of Tutti Frutti for the first time. Joe said it was like being electrocuted, suffice to say he lost interest in skiffle at that precise moment.

A real larger than life character, if you can get hold of The life and times of Little Richard: The Quasar of Rock, by Charles White, you won’t be disappointed.

RIP
    Agreed - great book, I met Charles "Dr. Rock" White many years back - nice guy and he sure knows his stuff!    
  • Joe Brown had a great story about his mate in his skiffle band coming round and practically dragging him to his house to hear a 78 of Tutti Frutti for the first time. Joe said it was like being electrocuted, suffice to say he lost interest in skiffle at that precise moment.

A real larger than life character, if you can get hold of The life and times of Little Richard: The Quasar of Rock, by Charles White, you won’t be disappointed.

RIP

I had a copy of this signed by the man himself. Picked it up for 20p in a second hand bookshop in Camberwell! Unfortunately it got water damaged in a flood and the book and autograph were unsalvageable.

RIP Little Richard
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-17372753

Great Obituary

"king and queen of rock and roll"
  • When I went to LA in the mid 90s and stayed at the Hyatt on Sunset, I was told Little Richard was a permanent resident in the penthouse suite

RIP
  • He was a one off inspiration to all Rock N Rollers who came after him. There will never be another Little Richard.
  • edited May 2020
    If rock n roll traced its history, Little Richard would be at the very top of the family tree.
    A true innovator who helped change the lives of a certain generation and in doing so changed the lives of every generation that followed.

RIP Legend.

• Sponsored links:

• edited May 2020
    RIP. At least it gives me an excuse to play the drum intro to Keep A-Knockin’ and see how many people think it’s Rock And Roll by Led Zeppelin.
  • hawksmoor said:
    RIP. At least it gives me an excuse to play the drum intro to Keep A-Knockin’ and see how many people think it’s Rock And Roll by Led Zeppelin.
    Led Zeppelin in ripping off black artists shocker 
  • Genuine legend. Imagine hearing Little Richard for the first back back then, would've blown my mind
  • edited May 2020
    Watched him live at Woolwich Odeon(?) in the 60s, I believe Chuck Berry was another one on the list of artists that night. Brilliant evening.  RIP
  • Saw him play live at the London Rock 'n' Roll Show at Wembley Stadium, 5th August 1972.

Unbelievable energy and showmanship, absolutely tore the place up, along with Jerry Lee, Chuck Berry, Bill Haley and Bo Diddley.

What a day and night that was!

RIP Little Richard Penniman.
  • DA9DA9
    edited May 2020
    Absolute pioneer, RIP Mr Penniman 
  • Saw him play live at the London Rock 'n' Roll Show at Wembley Stadium, 5th August 1972.

Unbelievable energy and showmanship, absolutely tore the place up, along with Jerry Lee, Chuck Berry, Bill Haley and Bo Diddley.

What a day and night that was!

RIP Little Richard Penniman.
    That must have been some gig to be at, seen it on YouTube many times