Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Valley

Went up and today and the Valley +  pitch ground looking in great shape. 
But question ? How many football grounds can’t you walk all the way around in one go? 
Don’t know the answer ...

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2020
    Fulham

• Options
    edited May 2020
    Is that a whoosh? Wouldn’t you end up in the Thames if you did that at Fulham?
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Fumbluff said:
    I actually cycled to Stamford Bridge today, you *should* be able to walk all around that stadium but they’re still employing stewards to not allow you to do that...seems a bit rubbish...
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    Is that a whoosh? Wouldn’t you end up in the Thabes if you did that at Fulham?
    I read the question as how many can't you walk all the way around 
  • Options
    Went up and today and the Valley +  pitch ground looking in great shape. 
    But question ? How many football grounds can’t you walk all the way around in one go? 
    Don’t know the answer ...
    Virtually all of them.  You are asking the wrong question.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Fumbluff said:
    I read the question as how many can't you walk all the way around 
    Whoops, my bad...
  • Options
    You can walk round all of them.  It's just that some you have to give quite a wide berth. 
  • Options
    Ignoring the structure of the question & assuming we are looking at  "which stadiums can you walk all the way round without any major deviations"...... I would probably say not many. 

Millwall you cant
    Palace you cant
    QPR you cant

Brentford you can.....at the moment.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Millwall you cannot, Charlton you cannot.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ignoring the structure of the question & assuming we are looking at  "which stadiums can you walk all the way round without any major deviations"...... I would probably say not many. 

Millwall you cant
    Palace you cant
    QPR you cant

Can't.
  • Options
    New bowl stadiums tend to be free standing so you can walk around them  e.g. Man City, Arsenal, Leicester, Coventry (when back), Stoke, MKD, Doncaster etc

Trad grounds are often restricted on one or more sides
  • Options
    New bowl stadiums tend to be free standing so you can walk around them  e.g. Man City, Arsenal, Leicester, Coventry (when back), Stoke, MKD, Doncaster etc

You can walk round old Trafford quite easily. 
  • Options

Millwall you cant
    Palace you cant
    QPR you cant

The walk to QPR‘s away end from Shepherds Bush is bloody mad
  • Options
    I got thrown out of Old Trafford in February, trying to walk around it.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

You can walk round old Trafford quite easily. 
    There's a railway line in the way of one side, isn't there?
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    not sure if Vicarage Road has changed but I remember being next to the old main stand and then having to take a massive walk through allotments to get to the away end (in which case, you couldn't walk all the way around).
  • Options
    Wembley 
  • Options
    You'll have me reminiscing about changing ends at half time soon.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Millwall you cant
    Palace you cant
    QPR you cant

The walk to QPR‘s away end from Shepherds Bush is bloody mad
    Hate that stadium...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Millwall you cant
    Palace you cant
    QPR you cant

Can't.
    You cant.
  • Options
    I know it's been mentioned before but can someone tell me when/year the South terrace was reduced in size? Also what was the official capacity before this, I know it was 66,000 after.
  • Options
    Very Early 70's I think. 76,000 before from what I remember as a kid. 
  • Options
    It was about 1970 I think, and 75k was the stated top capacity, though you know that more could have got in if needed.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    1968. One and a half acres was sold to the council for £34,500 during the 67/68 season and the terrace was truncated the following summer.
  • Options
    69 then

• Options
    And people moan about the pot holes nowadays
  • Options
    Saw this picture yesterday for the first time, apparently it's from 1956.
    If you look carefully you can see @TCE, just going through the entrance in the lighter coat!🤣
    Dad........ **** off and write your own material. ;)