Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Big kick off in New Eltham tonight

Absolute joke. Young girls screaming, young knod ends acting like ......... well, fellas laying sparko on the floor. And all nothing to do with me.

Bad news. Feel like moving really.

Comments

• Options
    Sink....
  • Options
    kicked off in grenwich again tonight
  • Options
    this country has well and truly gone to the dogs

if I had the money I'd bugger off to Australia tomorrow
  • Options
    Sure has gone down hill people seem to find any excuse to kick off
  • Options
    Cos people having fights in the street is a new occurance that has only been happening on these shores for the past few centuries.

Bring back bear bating and public executions. This never happened under the Saxons, I blame the Normans and Andrew Mills.
  • Options
    Didnt kick off in Camden, for once.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]this country has well and truly gone to the dogs

if I had the money I'd bugger off to Australia tomorrow[/quote]

I did without the money,but you would miss cafc like i do
    and any way they still fight on the streets over here
  • Options
    .....and whilst talking about the Normans, I've still not received my season ticket!
  • Options
    Henry , kicks offs in the streets are nothing new but every little turd carrying a knife and preparing to use it is .

In the last two weeks I've been threatened with a knife in my own home and been told by some tit who almost crashed into my van that "if you write of my golf , I'll write off your life"

Now I'm sure where you live this doesn't currently happen but give it a while and the whole country will be like this .

It's a sorry state of affairs but trust me it's way worse then it was twenty years ago .
  • Options
    It's lovely up here amongst the carrot cruncher of Norfolk!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Happened right in front of me as I got off the train at New Eltham last night...
  • Options
    Probs something to do with half of them ferria estate mugs moving down to New Eltham!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]Happened right in front of me as I got off the train at New Eltham last night...

I was on the same train F-Blocker. Did you see what happened exactly?
  • Options
    went round me mums a while back and popped into new eltham to get us fish and chips , when I went to go in the chippy there was a gang of herberts outside and one was blocking the entrance , I asked him politely to move and trying to look hard in front of his mates he just stoood there so I said to him "either you move or I'm gonna make you look stupid in front of your mates"

He moved
  • Options
    think we will be seeing more and more kicks off now with the smoking ban as more people will be hanging about outside.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]Happened right in front of me as I got off the train at New Eltham last night...

I was on the same train F-Blocker. Did you see what happened exactly?
    As I got off and was walking up the stairs I could hear what sounded like three or four girls haing a cat fight. Got to the top of the stairs and this kid comes running over from the direction of the Co-op. He slows down and another guy runs up behind, pushes him over then starts kicking him in the head in front of everyone. Then he says that the guy on the floor had just beat the crap out of his mate (who was presumably at the centre of the crowd outside the Co-op).

I hung around till the Police turned-up and there were enough witnesses giving their details so I stayed out of it. Does that make me a coward? Dunno really. Didn't fancy walking home so called the wife and got her to come pick me up.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]think we will be seeing more and more kicks off now with the smoking ban as more people will be hanging about outside.
    Very good point - had never thought of that.
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]

Does that make me a coward?

No mate. It is just not worth it, and that is the biggest shame of all.........
  • Options
    It's been quite peaceful in Catford :)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]I hung around till the Police turned-up and there were enough witnesses giving their details so I stayed out of it. Does that make me a coward? Dunno really.

I hung around til the police turned up too - but as I hadn't seen anything there was little point in me staying once they'd got it under control. It just seems to me that there is more and more of this sort of thing going on round there these days. It was pretty quiet and peaceful when I first moved to the area - about 10 or 11 years ago.

I certainly wouldn't blame you for not getting involved mate.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've lived just off the footscray rd on and off for the past 30 odd years and although i was in wales for a couple of years i've noticed its got a bit more hostile then it used to be now i've moved back.Far more gangs of herberts hanging around and the nice little pub that used to be the beehive has changed into chav central.I would like to move out but unless the lottery comes up i've got no chance. :(
  • Options
    I always thought it was quite ironic that they hung around outside the library.

I generaly don't have any reason to be there late at night but if I drive through on my way from mum's back to mine in Charlton at night then I'm socked by the amount of them hanging around by the co-op and none of them look much older than 15.

Trouble is these days that we give peole too many rights and the kids know this . When I was their age I would have crapped meself if I got talking to by the OB as I knew it would have probably ended up with my Dad being told and me getting a belt from him for my troubles. Very rare that my Dad would ever lay a finger on me but the threat was enough.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]When I was their age I would have crapped meself if I got talking to by the OB as I knew it would have probably ended up with my Dad being told and me getting a belt from him for my troubles. Very rare that my Dad would ever lay a finger on me but the threat was enough.

without wanting to generalise, i would bet the majority of the kids involved have either had no proper dad (ie family environment), or lots of new daddies.
    the most frightening thing is that in 2-3 years time these people will be the parents.
  • Options
    They should bring back national service ,
    That will get them off the streets
  • Options
    National Service is the best way to solve it in my opinion.
  • Options
    I was shocked to see this type of gang aswell. My Mrs was driving along erith road, and i was passenger and this gang of scrotes were walking along the street, the difference between me and my mates when i was younger and them feckers is the amount of them, if there wernt 40 of em i'd be surprised! Fuck me they were scary lookin.

Buckshee i make you 100% right, this country isd going to the dogs, and how henry can disagree with you i just dont get!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]National Service is the best way to solve it in my opinion.

How old are you RedArmy? Would you be happy to spend the next two years serving in Afganistan or Iraq?
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]IBuckshee i make you 100% right, this country isd going to the dogs, and how henry can disagree with you i just dont get!

Cos, as I've said, this country has supposedly been going to the dogs for centuries. Every generation says the same thing. 30 years ago is always a golden age when children had respect and everything was right with the world.

Doesn't make what is happening right or mean that something shouldn't be done but there were violent gangs roaming the streets and having pitched battles in the 70s and 80s. Now people churn out very badly written but profitable books about their exploits in those gangs and people make TV documentries and films about them.
  • Options
    I'm 21, and the rubbish i've had to put up with through my teens is shocking to say the least. Mugged at knifepoint, jumped for being white, jumped for looking at someone the wrong way etc. Its all through pride, no one wants to stand down and back out of an arguement today, with all the different cultures now here I think to demolish barriers between different groups putting them in situations that make them feel vunerable would be a good thing. It would certainly combat racism in my eyes as you take a racist black kid having to do an activity such as rock climbing with a black kid holding his safety rope in my opinion your prejudice's would have to go out the window.
    I did activity weeks away team building etc. and the togetherness it creates is fantastic. Maybe not something as extreme as National Service then but at least 6 months away with people from your own and different cultures/beliefs would benefit the country as a whole and also the trouble that everyone has to endure from the youth of today. It would protect young and old alike in my opinion, maybe i'm wrong I would have liked to have been given the opportunity to done something like it myself.
  • Options
    I meant racist white kid btw!
  • Options
    Maybe so henry, but even when i was at school you wouldnt see gangs like that, running around rioting with weapons and stabbing each other at 4pm ffs then running into shops! I saw nothing of the kind i'll tell ya! Yeah in the 70s and 80s there was footie related violance, but when i were a boy i used to be able to go to my local shop and not see a riot, or get mugged. Now it is happening all the time, the kids these days are scum as are the parents, i used to know a good few boys on that cherry orchid estate and some of them were a bit tasty and some just plain horrible, but never did i hear of anything going on as it does now! Knife culture will turn into gun culture and you'll still be defending it. I just cant see how!

Clearly henry i cant get into a proper debate as you are a bit cleverer than me, and i'll end up looking acunt, so i am going to be leaving this right here, after i hear your reply reply of course but all i am doing here is telling you what it was like when i was at school.