Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Group set up AFC Charlton

Comments

• Options
    Come one then who's gonna post a pic of Michael Appleton?
  • Options
    Rather than Wimbledon  we could take the Manc approach and be FC Athletic of Charlton. 
  • Options
    I don't care about the name as long as there's a steam train on the badge.
    Reckon the new Stadium should have a train going through it like that one in Europe
  • Options
    iamdan said:
    Aussies currently completely due diligence. 
    That made me chuckle 👍👍
  • Options
    rananegra said:
    Rather than Wimbledon  we could take the Manc approach and be FC Athletic of Charlton. 
    They must have been pissed or at a Yoda convention when they came up with that. 
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    Why do all these clubs have to put the AFC or FC at the front of the name? Can't we get something a bit more unique? Charlton Invicta sounds good?.
    Ffs why ? Invicta is Kent. Charlton is in SE London and that’s where it should be. 

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Chizz said:
    I thought the whole point of "AFC" phoenix clubs is that there was a complete and careful regard for transparency and a democratic leadership structure.  Who is behind this?  
    I think it's given in the messages "for fans, by fans"
    That sentence isn't completely clear though, is it?  

"To safeguard a proportion of the ethos and philosophy of the former club  this is a fan of Charlton Athletic venture for fans, by fans"  

I mean, can you decipher that? I can't. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How about Haddocks Athletic 👍
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    cafctom said:
    The “AFC” bit needs to go if this ever happens. 

So cliche, and just a copycat of Wimbledon. 

“2020” in the name would be something different, but again let’s hope it never comes to this having to be something to really worry about 
    Charlton Southend? - Links us with Catford Southend again
  • Options
    Given our current pessimism, why not Charlton Nil
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    colthe3rd said:
    Why do all these clubs have to put the AFC or FC at the front of the name? Can't we get something a bit more unique? Charlton Invicta sounds good?.
    Ffs why ? Invicta is Kent. Charlton is in SE London and that’s where it should be. 

Would you like regular or large chips with that?
  • Options
    Not to dig it out too much but I can't really tell what most of that means.

"To safeguard a proportion of the ethos and philosophy of the former club this is a fan of Charlton Athletic venture for fans, by fans."

"AFC Charlton will not cede to other than fan majority stakeholding."

??

• Options
    Chizz said:
    How much money have they got?
    £1.01
  • Options
    Charlton Junction FC.  The only option. 
  • Options
    Old one but always thought Charlton Nil would be apt...

• Options
    colthe3rd said:
    colthe3rd said:

That's me coming out of the Venue in the early 2000s.
    Which one are you?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    colthe3rd said:
    Invicta is Latin for undefeated. You’d have to change your name after your first defeat. 
  • Options
    Charlton Valley Robers
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    colthe3rd said:

Would you like regular or large chips with that?

They’d have scraps with that where you live.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    colthe3rd said:

That's me coming out of the Venue in the early 2000s.
    Who's the guy with the hat next to you?
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Fair play to them, I guess everyone wants to do something at a time when we feel so powerless. Probably a bit premature, but hopefully we’ll never need an AFC Charlton (by the way, it has to be “Athletico Charlton” if we ever do need a Phoenix club!)
    Why me?
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    Invicta is Latin for undefeated. You’d have to change your name after your first defeat. 
    Why? We kept ‘Athletic’ in the name when John Barnes and Neil Redfearn were playing for us. 
    Do you know, I never knew John Barnes played for you! 
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    it's the spirit of Charlton that is undefeated. That's why it would be Invicta. 
  • Options
    The A in the AFC for a phoenix club has stood for ashes in some cases. As in the phoenix rose from the ashes of the old club.