Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Will the club play recordings of the Covered End live during the lockdown matches?

Our lads need all the support they can get during this crucial time in the clubs history. We have seen how they respond to our fans great support home and away.

Here we are at probably the most dangerous time in the 63 years I have supported our unique club and we have demonstrated how creative we can be in troubled times.

No doubt the club has recordings of the Covered End thundering out our songs and as I understand it, the Premiership TV recordings will have 'artificial fan noise'.

At home, how about supporting our boys with the main speakers belting out the Covered Ends finest rather than the eerie silence we have during the German matches?

Away, how about the coaching/support staff and substitutes taking some suitably sanitised speakers to the away matches?

Hopefully we have some CL members with the right connections - Can do?

Comments

• Options
    Seriously folks, this will help the team. Who are the decision makers to get it done?
  • Options
    Do the club have recordings of the Covered End?
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Off_it said:
    They should also have a collective "tutting" ready to play for when the first pass goes astray ......

With the somewhat more than occasional collective 'FFS'.
  • Options
    There are far more pressing problems for our owners to deal with than how can we imitate the sound of the covered end: How can we put a squad together that can hold its own in this league? How can we deal with disaffection in the players ranks and ensure no-one else decides to drop-out? How can we secure our manager and best players? How can we plan effectively for next season when there are so many unknowns? And of course the really huge pressing problem, how can we syphon off the maximum amount of cash into our personal accounts before everything goes kaput?
  • Options
    If there are any recordings how old are they? I'm  not sure that random shouts of "sort it out Powell, bring on Danny Green' are going to help fire up the team.

• Options
    I assume EFL will rule on this, as otherwise you'd have some grounds having piped noise FAR louder than their actual fans. And logically why shouldn't the away teams have piped crowd noise as well?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I hope not, the sound system is terrible at the Valley.
  • Options
    The club has hundreds of video recordings of matches to provide the soundtrack. If I was a player (still)  I would prefer to have the sound of my fans urging me on to give that extra effort we need to survive!
  • Options
    m_2 said:
    The club has hundreds of video recordings of matches to provide the soundtrack. If I was a player (still)  I would prefer to have the sound of my fans urging me on to give that extra effort we need to survive!

Real fans , real noise, real emotion - that hopefully gives rise to extra effort.
    A recording, and players knowing it's a recording, would just be a distraction.
  • Options
    Please no!   Cringey, embarrassing and amateurish.
  • Options
    Let's face it bobmunro - we haven't got 'real fans, real noise' for these 9 matches. The players and coaches always say how much the fans help them so let's do the next best thing and play 'Valley Floyd Road' and the rest to simulate the emotion that will otherwise be sadly lacking. How great would it be if Bow and Jacko turned up at Hull with a boombox and belted out the best from the Covered End?
  • Options
    Our club has been at the forefront of innovation for years. Far from being ‘Cringey, embarrassing and amateurish’ introducing a rousing background soundtrack of our real fans will be seen as another example of how we get behind our team and club when needed. Let’s be creative and get behind the team when they need it most.
  • Options
    Fairly sure that the broadcasting of anything, other than emergency announcements, while the game is in progress is verboten.
    More than once we've seen refs halt proceedings until music etc has been stopped.  BTW I'm not equating the braying exhortations of the covered end with music, although they are preferable to anything published by such outfits as coldplay, keane or the lighthouse family
  • Options
    Liverpool play 'You'll never walk alone' during the start of all their matches . . .

In these present circumstances, surely our songs will be better than stone cold silence and why should any broadcasters complain when all matches are live.
  • Options
    Have you not been watching the Bundesliga? It's made it so much more watchable.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I wonder what the players, management and coaching staff think of the idea of playing our fans songs during the matches? Anyone have any Twitter/Facebook contacts to check it out?
  • Options

I have and I stand by my original comment.
  • Options
    I think it makes complete sense. 
  • Options

Brendan, I really enjoy your writing on the club but there is a difference between being a traditionalist and being 'Stuck in the mud' - no offence intended. It will be excruciating watching our team in these troubled times in complete silence. It brings me memories of when the BBC decided to blank out any fan noise from Charlton because of our 'Wolstenhome' song! We were immediately accused by our rivals of having no fans!
  • Options
    imagine it, press this button for corners, only twice mind..
  • Options
    Firstly thats something that BT have been adding not noise that the clubs have been adding.

Secondly has it really made it more watchable?
    I can honestly say I never once thought about turning a game off because I couldn't hear the crowd, I was watching the game not the crowd lol, it might maķe a difference to the players but honestly maybe its just me but whilst watching I haven't thought it was less enjoyable without a crowd
  • Options
    Will they include chants of you are not fit to wear the shirt.
  • Options
    m_2 said:

Brendan, I really enjoy your writing on the club but there is a difference between being a traditionalist and being 'Stuck in the mud' - no offence intended. It will be excruciating watching our team in these troubled times in complete silence. It brings me memories of when the BBC decided to blank out any fan noise from Charlton because of our 'Wolstenhome' song! We were immediately accused by our rivals of having no fans!

No offence taken.  I respect your view I just don't feel it would be a good thing (just my opinion though).
  • Options
    But my previous point is still valid, which is that it isn't up to clubs to decide this, as there has to be a uniform level of artificial noise at every game. 

Every club would like a cauldron of home noise turned up to 11, maybe combined with some boos for the opposition
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    m_2 said:

m_2, I really enjoy your writing on the club and the passion and enthusiasm you show, but there is a difference between moving with the times and being "Cringingly embarrassing" - no offence intended. It will be excruciating watching our team in these troubled times with canned crowd noise.  It brings me memories of the sort of thing Palarse would do - along with cheerleaders, goal music, changing the club colours and home kit every few years.

Let's just agree to disagree.