Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Will the club play recordings of the Covered End live during the lockdown matches?

2»

Comments

• Options
    They should play "We've got our Charlton back." But add a line on the end saying, until we realise we still haven't.
  • Options
    Ask the players and coaches if they would like to hear our songs played during the matches . . .
  • Options
    Whenever the lino puts his flag up against us there should be a very loud pre recorded communal fans shout that can be used simply just by pressing the play button on a laptop

"Owss that offside!!"

"This lino hasn't got a clue!"

"You blind! Lino"

If the ref gives the oppo a freekick. 

"F******k OFF Refff"

Same thing
  • Options
    Please no!   Cringey, embarrassing and amateurish.
    Realy nothing can be more amateurish and embarrassing than the fiasco over the last few months with our fake shiek anth southall
  • Options
    m_2 said:
    Ask the players and coaches if they would like to hear our songs played during the matches . . .

I can just imagine the conversation:

Bows: It's been suggested that we 'av some sort of crowd noise over them speakers out there. What you reckon boys?
    Players: What you on today, Gaffer?
  • Options
    Alternative scenario: 
    We’re 0-1 down at Hull.
    Jacko powers up the boom box and ‘Valley Floyd Road’ thunders out
    Bonne scores 3 and we win 3-1
    sounds good to me
  • Options
    m_2 said:
    Alternative scenario: 
    We’re 0-1 down at Hull.
    Jacko powers up the boom box and ‘Valley Floyd Road’ thunders out
    Bonne scores 3 and we win 3-1
    sounds good to me

I want some of what you're smoking! 
  • Options
    Jokes apart guys. Think about it from the players point of view.
    Would playing in silence motivate you more than if you have your fans songs urging you on?
    We are probably going to have this situation long term, not just for the next 9 matches. It could be six months or a year before we are allowed in restricted numbers to grounds so why don't we find ways to support the team during matches whilst this is happening?
    I'm not advocating 'canned' crowd noise. I agree that would be naff.
    What I am suggesting is that we have stored at the club dozens of match videos with our crowd singing the club songs. Why don't we get those edited so that the just the (appropriate) songs are played during the matches?
    Why should the league or TV companies object when we are adding to the viewer experience?
    The defence rests your honour.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Hmmmmm. Not sure.

If I was a player, I'd probably say 'no'

Encouragement from the crowd helps the players, but recordings are just interference.

If you were feeling down, would past recordings of people encouraging or praising you help?

A better idea is to have the cardboard cutouts with fans paying to have their faces on it, as in Germany. Proceeds to go to the 'Anti Mouthall Fund'

This fund would then pay the rent for the flat directly above his, in order to play 24 HR loud recordings of our fans singing there.