Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Even I feel sorry for Charlton fans-Simon Jordan in todays Sun

Comments

• Options
    Was really young during the selhurst years so dont really know the politics of it all.

What was the animosity about, was it them charging us too much and/ or more to it all?
    I'm in the same boat mate, would like to know more.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Was really young during the selhurst years so dont really know the politics of it all.

What was the animosity about, was it them charging us too much and/ or more to it all?
    they are palaaarse ...what more do you need to know  ;)
    Can of worms is the phrase. But there was a lot (everything) not to like at Palace. West Ham was far better 
  • Options
    fair comment from a shrewd observer of contemporary football .. I have said before and I'll repeat, I wish he had become our owner .. there again, I did say he was shrewd, not stupid ((:>)
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

they are palaaarse ...what more do you need to know  ;)
    Can of worms is the phrase. But there was a lot (everything) not to like at Palace. West Ham was far better 
    I dunno, the ham salad baps in Crystals before the game were quite nice.
    Did the story about us having to sell them John Humphrey to cover the outstanding rent come out at the time, or was it a while later?
  • Options
    He’s a palace twunt but I know I’d be constantly ridiculing them if our histories had been reversed and they were slopping about in league one and the championship,  with the most pathetic of ownerships, whilst over my lifetime we had got to a couple of fa cup finals , finished 3rd in the top flight and had finished above us for what will be 14 seasons after next season(disgraceful) .
    i wouldn’t give a flying fuck at their demise .

• Options
    To be fair he has talked more sense about our situation than anyone else in the media. 
  • Options
    I have to give him credit for speaking well regards our situation.
  • Options
    He's still an orange faced palice turd though.
  • Options
    From Jordan's column in todays Daily Mail

As I drove off in my Aston Martin after relegation in 2005, a Charlton fan spat at me. You get NO sympathy when you drop

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11836295/SIMON-JORDAN-no-sympathy-drop-Premier-League-relegation-fall-grace.html

• Options
    edited March 2023
    clive said:
    From Jordan's column in todays Daily Mail

As I drove off in my Aston Martin after relegation in 2005, a Charlton fan spat at me. You get NO sympathy when you drop

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11836295/SIMON-JORDAN-no-sympathy-drop-Premier-League-relegation-fall-grace.html

I hope it was a really sticky greeny.

Edit - ps the headline is a bit misleading - they spat on his car, not at him. Spitting at him would have been out of order. I'll let a sticky greeny on the car go...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Kap10 said:
    Off_it said:
    "Roll forward to the last day of the season and the vitriol between the two clubs inspired Charlton to play like men possessed because they had the opportunity to relegate Palace - the team that had given them a home when they were a bunch of nobodies and couldn't find anywhere to play by the way."

"Look at me, I've got an Aston Martin"

Once a c*** always a c****.
    As us of a certain age know, Palace did not give us a home, Noades rented a ground and treated us like second class tenants. Along with our owner Fry (?)  and Jimmy Hill, had designs on combining g the two clubs into one.

And whilst we may have been nobodies, we were nobodies in the top flight and above Palace!
    And this is why I hate Palace so much.
  • Options
    Palace painted it like they were doing us a favour, when in reality Ron Noades was indulging in a spot of empire building - he’d been talking about ground sharing for years. Unless my memory is playing tricks, Lennie Lawrence said there were plans to merge which only fell down when there was some doubt who owned some of the land at S******t. 

What always gets me with Jordan is that if a team sends down a local rival (particularly when there’s history like with us with Palace) then there will always be a lot of crowing, it’s one of the unofficial laws of football.

As for his Aston Martin, I’ve sent mine back having heard he owned one. Well I would do if I had one….
  • Options
    Strange that as soon as Charlton moved to Upton Park, they got Wimbledon into Selhurst. Either they were the most philanthropic club in the world or they were on the take. I know where my money is.
  • Options
    Our "crowing" when we sent them down really irks him and that gives me great comfort and satisfaction.
    It’s the way of the world, if Palace or Millwall did it to us I wouldn’t expect anything else but industrial scale piss-taking, although Millwall would be missing out on six points the following season of course.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:
    Off_it said:
    "Roll forward to the last day of the season and the vitriol between the two clubs inspired Charlton to play like men possessed because they had the opportunity to relegate Palace - the team that had given them a home when they were a bunch of nobodies and couldn't find anywhere to play by the way."

"Look at me, I've got an Aston Martin"

Once a c*** always a c****.
    As us of a certain age know, Palace did not give us a home, Noades rented a ground and treated us like second class tenants. Along with our owner Fry (?)  and Jimmy Hill, had designs on combining g the two clubs into one.

And whilst we may have been nobodies, we were nobodies in the top flight and above Palace!
    Slightly before my time but did noades put the rent up to a stupid amount and then took star players (Williams and Humphrey?) as payment?
  • Options
    The problem with Simon Jordan Is he is a very flawed individual. What happened was over 30 years ago. He acts like a child who cannot get his way or it is a deliberate act to stir up trouble.it is pathetic the way he is playing games . He says he feels sorry for us but has to bring up the past. And it is not the first time. What type of person says someone spat on my Aston Martin (I do not condone that act), most people would say my car.
    I hope these comments get back to him. I would very favourable to a phone call if he has got the guts to.
    My phone no in Oz can be supplied.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I seem to remember that Paul Williams was sold to Sheffield Wednesday.
  • Options
    TimAddick said:
    The problem with Simon Jordan Is he is a very flawed individual. What happened was over 30 years ago. He acts like a child who cannot get his way or it is a deliberate act to stir up trouble.it is pathetic the way he is playing games . He says he feels sorry for us but has to bring up the past. And it is not the first time. What type of person says someone spat on my Aston Martin (I do not condone that act), most people would say my car.
    I hope these comments get back to him. I would very favourable to a phone call if he has got the guts to.
    My phone no in Oz can be supplied.
    Just invite him to Macro Oz car park mate!
  • Options
    I thought they'd have wifi calling in Australia by now! Don't be too scared of the call charge. It will be cheaper than that trip to Macros.
  • Options
    I know Jordan is a number one moron regarding us and our history with Palarse, and the Aston Martin stuff, what a crass git he is...but, he did stand up for us against Roland and later with Mouthall on Talk Sport, and highlighted the farce that was unravelling before us, much to my surprise...or was that his ego 🤔...oh, and by the way fu*k off Palarse...🥱
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    I thought they'd have wifi calling in Australia by now! Don't be too scared of the call charge. It will be cheaper than that trip to Macros.
    Macros?. Way above my intelligence level. 
  • Options
    Palace painted it like they were doing us a favour, when in reality Ron Noades was indulging in a spot of empire building - he’d been talking about ground sharing for years. Unless my memory is playing tricks, Lennie Lawrence said there were plans to merge which only fell down when there was some doubt who owned some of the land at S******t. 

What always gets me with Jordan is that if a team sends down a local rival (particularly when there’s history like with us with Palace) then there will always be a lot of crowing, it’s one of the unofficial laws of football.

As for his Aston Martin, I’ve sent mine back having heard he owned one. Well I would do if I had one….
    And I flogged off my chain of mobile phone shops for the exact same reason
  • Options
    I Like Simon Jordan, I got a nice chain of mobile phone shops dirt cheap, and a Aston Martin at a bargain price!
  • Options
    It would be interesting to see how he would run a club these days

I reckon his experience and previous naivety would stand him in good stead

Didn't he refuse to pay agent fees when signing players, as they worked for the player and not the club, so why would he pay them ?

• Options
    I know Jordan is a number one moron regarding us and our history with Palarse, and the Aston Martin stuff, what a crass git he is...but, he did stand up for us against Roland and later with Mouthall on Talk Sport, and highlighted the farce that was unravelling before us, much to my surprise...or was that his ego 🤔...oh, and by the way fu*k off Palarse..

Yes,standing up for us is because he is getting paid, it's part of the job.

I do question our history with CP. Definately none when we were in first div for our first stint. I think most likely late 60s onwards. How many times we played them in any. League. No more than 30 times I would estimate. I know some will think me a knob for saying this, but using the word Palarse is no better than Jordon.
  • Options
    TimAddick said:
    I know Jordan is a number one moron regarding us and our history with Palarse, and the Aston Martin stuff, what a crass git he is...but, he did stand up for us against Roland and later with Mouthall on Talk Sport, and highlighted the farce that was unravelling before us, much to my surprise...or was that his ego 🤔...oh, and by the way fu*k off Palarse..

Yes,standing up for us is because he is getting paid, it's part of the job.

I do question our history with CP. Definately none when we were in first div for our first stint. I think most likely late 60s onwards. How many times we played them in any. League. No more than 30 times I would estimate. I know some will think me a knob for saying this, but using the word Palarse is no better than Jordon.

I'd of said it fit's perfectly...imho of course.. ;)