Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    Surely the Wigan KO moving forward helps us slightly ?
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    You'd assume they'd be staying overnight anyway. I wonder which hotel they'll use, have any of the regular away team hotels reopened yet?
  • Options
    Yay, that's a 4:30am local kick off time here. 

Going to email Valley Pass about full matches after the fact.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    You'd assume they'd be staying overnight anyway. I wonder which hotel they'll use, have any of the regular away team hotels reopened yet?
    Good point, all hotels will probably be back open by then 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Not quite sure how it works but I understood special dispensation has been granted for football teams to use certain approved hotels in the cities/towns they are visiting  for the remainder of the season.
    Someone else may have the full facts/details.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Not quite sure how it works but I understood special dispensation has been granted for football teams to use certain approved hotels in the cities/towns they are visiting  for the remainder of the season.
    We stayed in a hotel in Hull, so one of the hotels in Bexleyheath/Dartford will presumably be open for away sides. I assume there must be a regular hotel for when teams play Millwall as well.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    We stayed in a hotel in Hull, so one of the hotels in Bexleyheath/Dartford will presumably be open for away sides. I assume there must be a regular hotel for when teams play Millwall as well.
    You didn't travel up there to sit outside the stadium did you?...........Oh you mean the the team, management support staff. I'll get my coat 😏.
  • Options
    Have to be aware of the slant of the sunshine...If any.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:
    Have to be aware of the slant of the sunshine...If any.

I would expect it to be directly overhead at that time!

• Options
    Can now watch the game & then turn my attention to Jeff Stelling & the boys. Result. 

Only problem is that I now need to do the shopping earlier than normal. Dont generally get back in until gone 1pm what with the Covid queuing.
  • Options
    Can now watch the game & then turn my attention to Jeff Stelling & the boys. Result. 

Only problem is that I now need to do the shopping earlier than normal. Dont generally get back in until gone 1pm what with the Covid queuing.
    Click and collect is your friend.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    shine166 said:
    Welcome to the Forum Sue....
    "I was disgusted with the post match Buffet, and told the Hull staff that Coronavirus was no excuse for the meagre spread on offer. Chris can't be expected to drive me home on an empty stomach."
    Too much information Sue, less about your sex life please!

• Options
    Suits me here 9 hours ahead. 
  • Options
    It's quite short notice but I wish they had told Wigan with about six hours to kick off.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    A year or two ago when Blackburn were at Millwall I happened to see the team coach pulling out of the Hilton at Rotherhithe.
  • Options
    Not a big deal of course but do prefer the 3pm kick off. Bit of lunch few beers, excitement building for the game. 12.30 just feels a bit crammed. 
  • Options

If they're staying in hotels then I can't see any travel issue at play here.

If they're worried about the heat, why don't they just kick off at 10 or 10.30 like most Sunday League teams.? 

Don't they consider that Golfie has shopping to do?

• Sponsored links:

• Options

If they're worried about the heat, why don't they just kick off at 10 or 10.30 like most Sunday League teams.? 

I blame Asda, fancy only opening on a Saturday ….
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Not a big deal of course but do prefer the 3pm kick off. Bit of lunch few beers, excitement building for the game. 12.30 just feels a bit crammed. 
    Yes, seems wrong to be eating lunch when watching football!
  • Options
    Great news for the antipodeans ... 930 pm kick off is perfect 
  • Options
    I doubt there is too much advantage, but an early kick off for a home game is surely more likely to be better for us than harmful.
  • Options
    I doubt there is too much advantage, but an early kick off for a home game is surely more likely to be better for us than harmful.
    Not necessarily considering Bowyer's comments about the Cardiff home game.
  • Options
    Good for Asia and Australia, terrible for west coast USA/Canada
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    2nd to last game of season. Might give any relegation rivals clearer idea of what result they need if they play later.
  • Options

Some of us work mon - fri  old bean. 
  • Options

Some of us work mon - fri  old bean. 
    I thought you were an IFA?