Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Athletic v Queens Park Rangers | Match Thread | Saturday 27th June 2020

Comments

• Dazzler21 said:
    Move Morgan to RM, Green on at LM

Or stick Green on at RM to cut in and shoot.
  • Possession stats don’t bother me. Pretty sure we’ve only had more possession in one of our wins all season
    Just looked, we’ve had less possession in every win. Even the 3-0 win over Derby.
  • We held out last week but that was against a very poor Hull side. QPR have tricky players who can create something out of nothing. & I don't expect them to be as impotent in the 2nd half. Really need to up the tempo & stop sodding about with it in our own half. We've looked pretty good at times, but then petered out. 
    QPR have nothing to play for though... Phillips has been a bystander for most of the game again

Long way to go in this game but at present it feels as though Bowyer really has gotten us more organised compared with pre-lockdown
  • Pratley is a machine forget about the goal he just never stops.
  • Pratley is QPRs nemesis then.
  • Been really impressed with how sharp we've been since the restart of the season. Bowyer has done a great job getting the players up to speed
    Really good point. I've been hugely impressed by how sharp and fit the team looks.
  • Job done first half.

More of the same in the second. Important to keep pressing and keep Chair, Eze and the other bloke Something Samuel out of harm's way.

Half time coming when it did might have done us a favour as those 3 were becoming ever more influential.
  • edited June 2020
    We seem to be playing better football than we were before the break. It was absolute dross back then. And we're 1 - 0 up. So very happy.

McGeady might have to realise he's a bit old to be skipping past people now. Get half a yard, play the ball or have a shot. 

Hemed playing well, such a shame he totally missed the ball when he was through! If he scores, I bet it's a header

• Sponsored links:

• No, nobody said "Just Eat". But we did say "Piss off with your shit annoying advert, Just Eat"
  • edited June 2020
    I’d be astonished if this finished 1-0. We need to be on the front foot. 
  • I’d be astonished if this finished 1-0. We need to be on the front foot. 
    Was it you that said that last week?  :)
  • We held out last week but that was against a very poor Hull side. QPR have tricky players who can create something out of nothing. & I don't expect them to be as impotent in the 2nd half. Really need to up the tempo & stop sodding about with it in our own half. We've looked pretty good at times, but then petered out. 
    I think Hull looked the better side on what I've seen. QPR were poor, because we made them poor, for the first 35 minutes. It's only when they started going more direct in the last 10 did they look semi threatening 
  • cs1986 said:
    Thought that was quality from us first half. But we are absolutely lightweight up top. 

Go and check the HT scores in the Championship.
    Only one goal so far...
  • I do hate the drinks breaks

In both games so far they've acted as a mini HT and have changed the game a little bit as we've gone from the front foot before them to being more defensive after

Although imagine its not helped we've scored in the first "quarter" each time 
    QPR have nothing to play for though... Phillips has been a bystander for most of the game again

Long way to go in this game but at present it feels as though Bowyer really has gotten us more organised compared with pre-lockdown
    I think the old number 9 throwing his toys out of the pram and buggering off has opened up our style of play, which may have caught out Hull and QPR.

We're not pinning our hopes on one player now, the responsibility is being shared and the players are relishing that.

McGeady looks half the man/twice the player he was pre-lockdown, Morgs is showing glimpses of how good a player he can become, Hemed is looking sharp (just needs a goal!), the defence is solid, Dillon is a spectator.
  • QPR have the 3rd worst defence and 3rd best attack in the league. I know this is said every game we lead, but we have to score a 2nd this week
    Mind you they lost 1-0 last week
  • Not sure we really need to water the pitch at halftime!

I think the old number 9 throwing his toys out of the pram and buggering off has opened up our style of play, which may have caught out Hull and QPR.

We're not pinning our hopes on one player now, the responsibility is being shared and the players are relishing that.

McGeady looks half the man/twice the player he was pre-lockdown, Morgs is showing glimpses of how good a player he can become, Hemed is looking sharp (just needs a goal!), the defence is solid, Dillon is a spectator.
    No I felt that last week as though we'd started playing long ball a lot less - Cardiff and Millwall will be good tests for us
  • Sponsored links:

• cs1986 said:
    Thought that was quality from us first half. But we are absolutely lightweight up top. 

Go and check the HT scores in the Championship.
    Only one goal so far...
    Thats relevant how?
  • 46' The second half is under way... Watch live: https://live.cafc.co.uk #cafc 1 #qpr 0
  • That shouldve been 1-1
  • Bloody hell. Brilliant Phillips
  • What... A... Save!!! 
  • Thank fudge for Phillips
  • They've woken up
  • HT over lads 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!