Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic v Queens Park Rangers | Match Thread | Saturday 27th June 2020

Comments

• Options
    iaitch said:
    Adam Matthews ❤️
    He's in my top five favourite Charlton right backs:

1. Johnny H
    2. Sols
    3. Young
    4. Richo
    5. Matthews
    No Steve Brown?
    I don’t think of brownie as a right back; wasn’t his best position 
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Shame about that cross from Morgan, because he's done really well so far.
    It's one. He's done so much good before that, he also did well to even have the opportunity.
  • Options
    Went a bit negative for the last ten there. We need to come out second half much more at them. They're absolutely there for the taking. Get Chuks on
  • Options
    Very scrappy & we have very little attacking threat. Defence & midfield passing it backwards & sideways. 
    Is what Queens Park Rangers fans will be saying on their forum
  • Options
    Let's hope QPR don't the wake up at half time. 
  • Options
    So far so good but at home against a mid table team I’d like to have created more than 3 chances. They will be stronger second half so we need to be more offensive. Got to get someone forward in the centre of midfieldbb
  • Options
    Only 35% possession, OK as long as we win
  • Options
    Very scrappy & we have very little attacking threat. Defence & midfield passing it backwards & sideways. 
    ???
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Very organised so far but we need to be careful that we don’t allow them too much time on the ball.  Morgan playing some decent balls.  Would love to get more out of McGeady.  I think he’s still got something to offer 
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Rylo said:
    Uboat said:
    Dave Rudd said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Did Chair used to play for Chesterfield?
    And Wycombe? 
    Sofampton?
    He played alongside Peter Couch. 
    At Liverstool?
    In the second leg

He”ll be ready for a cushion header to put him through on goal
  • Options
    We are one nil up.  We've been the better side.  Need to not sit back though.   Some of you have delusions of grandure!
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    aliwibble said:
    Shame about that cross from Morgan, because he's done really well so far.
    It's one. He's done so much good before that, he also did well to even have the opportunity.
    Oh I know. I was literally just about type how impressed I've been with him so far, both in terms of the passing and tracking back, and it was just a pity that his hard work and Matthews on the right hand side wasn't rewarded with a better effort.
  • Options
    Some nice touches by Bonne and Hemed but the lack of possession could catch up with us if QPR turn up this half .
    Ref full time now please 
  • Options
    Good first half.

Lots of pretty tip-tappy football from QPR but so far, thankfully, no end product. But we need a second goal to make this comfortable. (Where has that been said before!)

I admit I'm not McGeady's greatest fan and he's been OK today but I have to say if Williams is fit, how on earth does McGeady keep him out the team?
  • Options
    Tactically we look very good. They may have more possession, but we look organised, we look to intercept and press when the time is right and we look very dangerous in attack with some lovely football around the area at times too. 
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Green or Chuks (or Williams!) for McGeady would instantly improve us
  • Options
    We are playing really well. I think it's the bowyer effect again coming into play. He can Gee the lads up, which may be hard for a few managers considering the circumstances 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Green or Chuks for McGeady would instantly improve us
    Why not Williams for McGeady?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nice to be leading. Sounds like QPR can't possibly come out as bad second half, and with 5 subs games can really change in a moment. We need to go out again and put another one past them. Don't want to concede and have the game turn on us, or be holding on at the end again. Come on Charlton!
  • Options
    Possession stats don’t bother me. Pretty sure we’ve only had more possession in one of our wins all season
  • Options
    Been really impressed with how sharp we've been since the restart of the season. Bowyer has done a great job getting the players up to speed
  • Options
    Good game so far. Playing well, just need a second goal. 
  • Options
    Ha ha ha. Its good to be back to some normality. 

We have looked far the superior team going forwards, and have actually moved the ball as good as I've seen us all season.

Although everyone is playing their part, its good to have the old injury free Josh Cullen back for sure. 
  • Options
    Their defence looks vulnerable and having a pacy unit running at them could be lethal
  • Options
    Move Morgan to RM, Green on at LM
  • Options
    We held out last week but that was against a very poor Hull side. QPR have tricky players who can create something out of nothing. & I don't expect them to be as impotent in the 2nd half. Really need to up the tempo & stop sodding about with it in our own half. We've looked pretty good at times, but then petered out. 
  • Options
    Annoyingly I'm having problems with the stream today (which is why I've hardly been posting), so I'm going to reboot and see if that helps.
  • Options
    Thought that was quality from us first half. But we are absolutely lightweight up top. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!