Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic v Queens Park Rangers | Post-match Thread | Saturday 27th June 2020

Comments

• Options
    That was a great win. Like last week. You have to give credit to Bows and Jacko. With all the shenanigans off the field they keep plugging on. Our players have all been so prepared. Can't help but see that our start has been like the start we had last August. Bowyer seems to recognise the importance of getting off to a good start. Catching the other teams early and let them catch up.

6 points from the first 2 games is not too shabby I would say.  ;)

So important to stay in the Championship.

• Options
    Poor Rangers side - we played very well I thought - had plenty of chances - should have won by 2 or 3 - although how that Rangers player missed just after break heaven only knows - my confidence is building - Bowyer has clearly injected some grit, resilience and increased desire into them - subs were well thought out - MoM for me difficult, so I’m having 3 in Morgan, Cullen and Matthews - we will have more difficult games of course, but there is no doubt the team are battlers 
  • Options
    Excellent result, on paper this was one of the easier games and we've got 3 points. I reckon 2 more wins will guarantee survival 
  • Options
    Should be fine now. Only 5 points off QPR.
    The team isn’t the greatest but with leaders like Pratley, Peace, Locks and Dillion and the class of Cullen we are fine! Come on you reds! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Subs have been spot on since lock down. Great cameo from Chuks off the bench, did pretty much everything right. 
  • Options
    Brilliant. Taking 6 points from our first two games is a real relief. I don't think we'll get two games easier in our final run so it's really important we got these out of the way positively. I think we need another 7 points at least, so we've got to be looking for two more wins in there.
    The thing that gets me this year is that we can just about guarantee that every week at least one of the teams around us is going to get a win. It's ridiculous, no-one will die. I don't even trust Hull to lay down the way things are going. Wigan are probably going to get into the bloody Play-Offs. I really hope 52 points will be enough but we can't afford to rest of our laurels and write any games off. Hopefully we'll turn up against Cardiff, the strikers will start scoring and we'll show them who we are.
    And Hull go 1-0 up after 2 minutes through Magennis. Bloody hell.
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    Whilst Oshilaja wasn’t great going forward today, he did protect Pearce well from Osei-Samuel, who ran rings around him at Loftus Road.
    There was one moment early in the second half when Pearce ran over and tried to "help" Oshilaja yet got in the way

It didnt work out great and left a huge gap that Rangers thankfully didnt get to exploit - Was a perfect example of how well Deji did today
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    6 more points needed??
    you might be right. I believe that will be enough this season. 

though this year could be closer to the 2016/17 season
    that year forest 4th from bottom stayed up on goal difference with 51 points

the next 2 following seasons had weaker teams (as did the season we went down, 2015/16 with 40pts, 9 adrift from 4th from bottom):

2017/18 - 4th bottom - 43pts
    3rd bottom - 41pts

2018/19 - 4th bottom 44pts
    3rd bottom - 40pts 
  • Options

Can Hull get the two wins (or one win and two draws) to surpass us, no I dont think so - Honestly believe that one more win really will confirm Championship Football at the Valley next season

Hull 0-1 up at Birmingham after 3 minutes.  Why do people tempt fate by saying this stuff?
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

Can Hull get the two wins (or one win and two draws) to surpass us, no I dont think so - Honestly believe that one more win really will confirm Championship Football at the Valley next season

Hull 0-1 up at Birmingham after 3 minutes.  Why do people tempt fate by saying this stuff?
    I stand by it...
  • Options
    such a massive result and one that gives a bit of breathing space as we now have to play some much tougher fixtures .
    good all round steady performance 
    dillon 44 seconds and 32 seconds for a couple of goal kicks in last 11 mins , it’s brilliant the time killing stuff ... 
    and Chucks street dancing in the last few seconds holding on to that ball by the corner flag had me buzzzzzzzing 

20% relegation ............ 80% stay up 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Southbank said:
    The key to survival is a solid defence and defensive midfield not prepared to give anything away. We now have our first team in those positions. We only have to do better than the teams below us and we have the defensive strength to do that.
    Our weakness shown today again is the forwards. We will not be winning games 3-0 so it is going to be tight and tense until we are safe.
    But we might have won games 3-0 had a certain striker not dropped us in the shit. We're not out of it yet but have taken full advantage of two of our more winnable games. Not far to go lads keep it (& us) up
  • Options
    Davo55 said:
    Want to give a big shout out to my Son!!

Was a bad Father for the last 10mins as can smell he's done a shit and have made him wait before cleaning him up

Proper MOTM display, zero complaints from him
    Give it 40 years and he'll be saying the same about you  ;)
    I've already told him that he'll know about it as I'll slowly turn and smile at him - Gonna get my revenge when Im an old and even more miserable bastard ;) 
  • Options
    Hull 2-0 up ffs
  • Options
    Two 1-0 wins can't knock it.  I felt both the games were must win games with Cardiff & Millwall up next.   The finishing line to safety is getting nearer.