Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cardiff City v Charlton Athletic | Tuesday 30 June | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    1-0  header from a corner
  • Options
    Palace fan in peace. I think the taffs will beat you, but I do have to begrudgingly congratulate you - well, your team - on your form after the break thus far. Lots of guts in the face of adversity - for which your manager must take a lot of credit

I was sticking up for you on here, saying that your opinion is welcome.
    I now go back on that unless you take that 1861 off your badge because we all know that's bullshit.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Sage said:
    Sage said:
    Sage said:
    Lapslie is in the squad, as I predicted, so there’s at least one change from the 20 at the weekend.
    How do you know, did someone tweet this?

They might bring 21 players to the game anyway, just in case of any last minute pull outs
    He travelled with the squad today, staying in Cardiff tonight in a hotel, one room per person.

They may have took more than 20 players with them, but I’d be surprised personally. 
    Did Pearce travel do you know?
    I don’t know. But what we can take from the Hull experience is that I’d be very surprised if he did.

They got to the hotel early evening yesterday so that’s a long time for him to be away from his wife. If he plays today, it’s because he’s travelled up himself again, that’s only my honest opinion.
    Yeah Id presume the same to be honest

Might even be him that Lapslie is coming into the squad for 
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    ross1 said:
    Watt and Buyens,  heroes both!
  • Options
    A point will be a very good result tonight.

i expect us to make 4 or 5 changes. Question of whether Cardiff will do the same 
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Watt and Buyens,  heroe both!
    And Church who won the penalty  ;)

He played well when he came on as sub actually
  • Options
    Wasn't that match also the insane full debut of Christophe Lepoint? Started at number 10 and proceeded to confuse the absolute shit out of both sides with his actions. True Charlton legend. I think that was his only start actually.
  • Options
    What would we give for a Christophe Le Point now ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What would we give for a Christophe Le Point now ?
    Nil point/s ? 
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Absolutely up there with the best away days that was. 
  • Options
    A reminder to those like me who had forgot, it’s a 6pm kick off
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Really hoping for a point - would be a great result and would be a good point gained.
  • Options
    to get me pumped for the game I have just watched this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzoKeTo3NVQ

Conor Gallagher was so f*cking good. I'm not crying, you're crying.
  • Options
    Would take a draw all day long, have a feeling chuks will score. 1-1
  • Options
    Wasn't that match also the insane full debut of Christophe Lepoint? Started at number 10 and proceeded to confuse the absolute shit out of both sides with his actions. True Charlton legend. I think that was his only start actually.

I saw his home performance, forget who the oppo's were. Came on with 15 mins to go.

Hilarious/insane & unique performance!
    Continually & unsuccessfully running after the ball.

Near the end he finally caught up with said ball in oppo's penalty area.
    Not sure if he actually touched the ball but his physical presence made a difference.
    From the mêlée we scored of course.
    Christophe Lepoint you made a difference! 

• Options
    We've arrived at the Cardiff City Stadium for full coverage of this evening's clash with COYA! #cafc

• Options
    Given up trying to predict what Bowyer will do. Everytime his lineup raises eyebrows but more often than not it seems to work. It is always well thought out and be working to a plan to negate their strengths and to exploit their weaknesses. 

There will be changes to keep it fresh. I reckon Aneke and William's will start. 

If it was me I would go with a 4231. Have the pace of Doughty and the direct running of William's with Aneke's physicality as a means of hitting them on the break. Bonne to olay as the focal point. Doughty gives extra support against their winger too. 
  • Options
    Interesting that Millwall have put out their strongest side for tonights game - with Smith no doubt coming on as a sub... Hopefully they will all be a bit knackered on Friday! Begs the question...will Lord Bower make changes this evening, or put out his winning team again? We'll soon find out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2020
    Expecting a 1-0 or 2-0 defeat. But I can live with that as long as we beat Millwall on Friday.
  • Options
    Given up trying to predict what Bowyer will do. Everytime his lineup raises eyebrows but more often than not it seems to work. It is always well thought out and be working to a plan to negate their strengths and to exploit their weaknesses. 

There will be changes to keep it fresh. I reckon Aneke and William's will start. 

If it was me I would go with a 4231. Have the pace of Doughty and the direct running of William's with Aneke's physicality as a means of hitting them on the break. Bonne to olay as the focal point. Doughty gives extra support against their winger too. 
    Forgot a score prediction. Reckon we might just sneak this 0-1. Bonne after Doughty breaks and runs the length of the pitch.
  • Options
    Agree with cantersaddick! 
    Altho could be sarr at the end of it 
  • Options
    Interesting that Millwall have put out their strongest side for tonights game - with Smith no doubt coming on as a sub... Hopefully they will all be a bit knackered on Friday! Begs the question...will Lord Bower make changes this evening, or put out his winning team again? We'll soon find out.
    Smith on the bench again, maybe they'll start him against us?
  • Options
    From memory (so some smart arse will probably correct me) when we played them at the valley we only had 3 fit midfielders so started with Oshi at the base of the diamond with Cullen, Conor and Ozzy. We played well and were 2-0 up at half time but JC got injured and we couldnt hold the midfield together. Ended 2-2. Start of our real bad run that was.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    From memory (so some smart arse will probably correct me) when we played them at the valley we only had 3 fit midfielders so started with Oshi at the base of the diamond with Cullen, Conor and Ozzy. We played well and were 2-0 up at half time but JC got injured and we couldnt hold the midfield together. Ended 2-2. Start of our real bad run that was.
    Yeah thats the game... I forgot it was the game that we lost Cullen 

Phillips also saved an awful penalty from Hoillett too
  • Options
    Smith on the bench again, maybe they'll start him against us?
    No worries whoever they put out.

Connor G hat trick.

He knows how we "love" Millwall.....
  • Options
    Pearce is there then
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Edit: Twitter havent accidentally posted our QPR team