Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cardiff City v Charlton Athletic | Tuesday 30 June | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Saving the big guns for Millwall
  • Options
    They posted the wrong team sheet. Still have the QPR badge at the top
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Seven changes

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5efb589b1b6eb/team-news-seven-changes-for-cardiff-clash

That looks a team looking to get away from Wales with a point
  • Options
    Obviously Lee knows best but I am surprised at that many changes
  • Options
    3-5-2 motherfuckers!!!
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Andre Greens turn to prove himself. I don't have faith in this lineup though.
  • Options
    Bleurgh I do not like any of that. Odd that Williams still can't get on the pitch. Wonder if he's being saved for Millwall? Also no rest for Pearce or Lockyer
  • Options
    If we win with that team, Bowyer is more of a genius than I thought 
  • Options
    Andre Greens turn to prove himself.
    I'd say its a bigger opportunity for Aneke... Has he started a game prior to today?
  • Options
    I’d guess at

Phillips
          Lockyer Pearce Sarr
    Lapslie                       Doughty
             Field Cullen JFC
               Aneke Green

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Message board rants at lineup shocker!
  • Options
    Andre Greens turn to prove himself.
    I'd say its a bigger opportunity for Aneke... Has he started a game prior to today?
    Nope, first start.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    I quite like that line up! I think our squad fully fit, is decent!

Come on you addicks!!
  • Options
    Friday is a much more winnable game (I know).
    Saving his best team for the scum.
    No complaints from me. 
  • Options
    Oztumer either injured or suddenly very out of favour
  • Options
    I’d guess at

Phillips
          Lockyer Pearce Sarr
    Lapslie                       Doughty
             Field Cullen JFC
               Aneke Green

I agree with you, but JFC was phenomenal against Fulham at LWB so potentially he could slot in there 
  • Options
    No explanation unlike Matthews for Hemed's absence.
  • Options
    Bleurgh I do not like any of that. Odd that Williams still can't get on the pitch. Wonder if he's being saved for Millwall? Also no rest for Pearce or Lockyer
    Some people weren't overly chuffed when the team selection was posted for the Hull game. The side for QPR didn't set the pulses racing either.

Those two matches didn't work out too badly.

Pleased to see BeckenSarr back in the side, we've needed that steady centre-back-cum-centre-half-forward maestro :smile:

In Lord Bowyer we trust.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Leuth said:
    3-5-2 motherfuckers!!!
    And there you were criticising Dodge for his language. Tsk.
    ;-)

2-1 I'm afraid :-( 

(Doesn't mean I'm ITK).
  • Options
    Happy with whatever LB chooses - he’s the one watching them train and checking out the oppo with a professional’s eye. 

COYA
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I really like the side put out tonight, gives players and rest and gives players on the fringes a chance to prove themselves
  • Options

Charlton: Phillips, Lockyer, Pearce, Sarr, Doughty, Forster-Caskey, Field, Cullen, Lapslie, Green, Aneke.

Subs: Amos, Purrington, Oshilaja, Pratley, Williams, McGeady, Morgan, Bonne, Davison.

• Options
    We need a match thread, 6 pm ko

I'll put one up if you like
  • Options
    Shit a brick. I think my 2-0 win with Bonne & McGeady scoring has gone up in flames. Shit midfield with no creativity. Will change my prediction to a 3-0 defeat.
  • Options
    Blimey... I thought a couple of changes but 7!!!!

Is LB copying Riga in going full strength on the games he thinks are winnable? 

Anything from tonight will be a minor miracle! 
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Never would've guessed Williams wouldn't have started any of the first 3 games back. 
  • Options
    I don’t think I understand that line up. 
  • Options
    Given up trying to predict what Bowyer will do. Everytime his lineup raises eyebrows but more often than not it seems to work. It is always well thought out and be working to a plan to negate their strengths and to exploit their weaknesses. 

There will be changes to keep it fresh. I reckon Aneke and William's will start. 

If it was me I would go with a 4231. Have the pace of Doughty and the direct running of William's with Aneke's physicality as a means of hitting them on the break. Bonne to olay as the focal point. Doughty gives extra support against their winger too. 
    Called it
  • Options
    Shit a brick. I think my 2-0 win with Bonne & McGeady scoring has gone up in flames. Shit midfield with no creativity. Will change my prediction to a 3-0 defeat.
    A midfield without Pratley is instantly more creative!!!
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Never would've guessed Williams wouldn't have started any of the first 3 games back. 
    Maybe hasn't been training well, we don't see what happens day to day at Sparrows Lane