Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wigan financial woes - up for sale again? p40

Comments

• Options
    supaclive said:
    I know personally Dr Tom...... the guy who has been involved in footie simulation games.

He's um, well.  

I'll reserve judgement.  He talks a good game but um, well.

We did a project together where I delivered on my side of the bargain.   He..... didn't.....
    He has good creds working on Football Manager and Kaiser (one of my favourite football books/films), but his bio seems to try and position him as a ‘football finance expert’ like Kieran McGuire from the Price of Football (who I think may have taught him given the Liverpool uni link). Still, he’s only a NED so more comparable to Rifkind, and they’re not bringing in an external FD like Southall did which would be a true alarm bell. Overall, they seem more credible than ESI (though not a hard bar to meet)

https://wiganathletic.com/news/2021/march/Biographies-New-Wigan-Athletic-Directors/
    Yes, Kaiser... that was the project....
  • Options
    Good luck to them.
  • Options
    East Street Investments.
    Oh really......ouch!
  • Options
    And there is no "Al-Jasmi" listed on Phoenix 2021 Co House though he is supposedly the owner.
    He's there as a person with significant  control.
    Same playbook as ESI for me.
  • Options
    From a decent source - the Michael Blood connection isn't there - no longer the same address.

And some of those involved seem to have genuine track records so here's hoping for Wigan's sake this is nothing like ESI.
  • Options
    Great run of results at the end of the season. Delighted that Mal got the deal done and the team delivered for them.     
  • Options
    Hopefully that is a massive sign that these owners can be trusted!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Looking good for Wigan

Though hopefully not TOO good for them next season if we're still in L1!
  • Options
    Looking good for Wigan

If we're still in it and were able to get promotion next season I'd love to see Wigan go up with us. Their fans were utterly shafted by the owners and their relegation felt completely unfair.
    So did we and so was ours
  • Options
    Looking good for Wigan

If we're still in it and were able to get promotion next season I'd love to see Wigan go up with us. Their fans were utterly shafted by the owners and their relegation felt completely unfair.
    But at least we went down on points, Wigan deserved to stay up their form on the pitch. 
  • Options
    Looking good for Wigan

Of the 9 clubs currently in the EFL relegation places I would suggest that fans of at least half of them would claim it was down to being shafted by either the current, or former, owners. 

Now they may all be right and they have got shit owners but someone's got to get relegated.    Maybe we should just scrap relegation........... 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Looking good for Wigan

Of the 9 clubs currently in the EFL relegation places I would suggest that fans of at least half of them would claim it was down to being shafted by either the current, or former, owners. 

Now they may all be right and they have got shit owners but someone's got to get relegated.    Maybe we should just scrap relegation........... 
    bit of an over reaction to me pointing out that our previous owners had a big part to play in our relegation. I don’t recall saying we didn’t deserve not to be relegated but it did seem and still does feel unfair that southall was allowed to put us in that position. But fine, if it makes you happy, let’s scrap relegation!
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Looking good for Wigan

bit of an over reaction to me pointing out that our previous owners had a big part to play in our relegation. I don’t recall saying we didn’t deserve not to be relegated but it did seem and still does feel unfair that southall was allowed to put us in that position. But fine, if it makes you happy, let’s scrap relegation!
    That's not the point I was making.   Us and Wigan were shafted by our owners but it's not much different to Wednesday being shafted by theirs.  Or Southend, or Grimsby, or anyone else.

The whole of the football league is basically a table of which owners put the most money in.   The "good owners" are successful, the "bad owners" aren't. By and large. 
  • Options
    clive said:
    Strange to blame the Queens Jubilee for late payment of wages. I'm usually paid on a Friday as was told that in June I would he paid the following Monday, although the money was actually in my account on the day before the long weekend, ie the Wednesday.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Man City and PSG were both extremely fortunate to find genuine interest from the Middle East like they have done. 
  • Options
    clive said:
    Strange to blame the Queens Jubilee for late payment of wages. I'm usually paid on a Friday as was told that in June I would he paid the following Monday, although the money was actually in my account on the day before the long weekend, ie the Wednesday.  
    I'm not that surprised to be honest. Depending on when the wages were usually due to go out, adding an additional bank holiday into the mix can play merry hell with the scheduling of the various bits of processing involved to make sure they go out on time. In my last job, the Christmas and Easter bank holidays always required extra double checking to make sure that the jobs were scheduled to allow enough time for the various processing stages, especially if Christmas was at the weekend.
  • Options
    Their CFO was relieved of his duties last weekend.  I’d never ask my pal there about his business, but I’d be very surprised if this happened again.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Wigan in trouble again. I know some of us had wished to have their owners instead of Thomas but it's not looking too positive up there at the moment.

• Options
    Up for sale for £15M, for everything … 
  • Options
    The curse of the Athletics...
  • Options
    Oh for goodness sake.
  • Options
    Be careful what u wish for lesson here folks
  • Options
    I mean London is 4-5 times more expensive apparently.