Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Reading match thread 11/07/2020

Comments

• Options
    Croydon said:
    Bonne’s game is nowhere near good enough.
    He's not championship level, not even close.
    Agree
  • Options
    Reading look like a decent Championship team.

We also look pretty decent, up until the ball goes up front. We lack any real quality up there and so don't make the most of the chances that do come our way. 

Not a lot we can do to change that now.
  • Options
    We have been the much better side here and are unlucky to be behind.

Unfortunately, 10 shots and only one on target tells the story.

Our strikers were playing in League Two and the Conference last season. Their scorer cost £7m last summer.

Swap the strikers between teams and we are probably 2 or 3 goals up.
    PS Lyle Taylor is a w*nker.
  • Options
    Hemed to come on 2nd half and score a quick fire double 
  • Options
    Team playing well just dont have that killer touch at the end... I feel this is going to be a match of fine effort but lose 0 2 you can see it all day

• Options
    Better team here. Chuks was surely onside. And bonne has to finish his chance. Come on ladd.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The next 2 weeks are going to be crucial 😁
  • Options
    christ, Radio BERKshire are full of shite. 

Cullen, Morgan, McGeady and Mathews doing really well. some good movement in the middle and on the wings. Just a shame we have Bonne and Chucks up front, pretty sure Chucks was onside though. 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    To be fair, I don’t think he was intended to play so many games, he was supposed to 4th or 5th choice but Taylor and Leko are gone and Hemed and Green gave dissappointed. 

His movement and instincts are good. His touch is poor though. One goal short of double figures though. Twice as many and our other current forwards combined. 
  • Options
    McGeady having his best game for us. Bonne far from it, not sure about Hemed and Chuks together though.

Bonne for Williams?
  • Options
    “The challenge for the penalty should have been a red card”. Not sure how much longer I can listen to this. 
    They might want to check the rules
  • Options
    3 goals in 5 and a half games. Just not good enough. Cant really blame the strikers because, they arent really good enough. Neither are Championship quality.......League one at best. 

Sorry, but I think we are down. 
  • Options
    Hemed and Doughty for Bonne and Oshilaja. 
  • Options
    Well we’ve played worse but that doesn’t count for anything right now. Need some proactive and attacking subs, need to go for it. Williams on for Pratley, Doughty on for Deji. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The goal allows them to sit back and we don’t have the quality to break them down especially up front. Can see them getting a breakaway 2nd half and win 2-0
  • Options
    Charlton have 55.5% possession

WELL THERE IS YOUR PROBLEM RIGHT THERE

Give Reading more of the ball!! 
  • Options
    We’re going to lose 0-2, you heard it here first(ish)
  • Options
    Lyle Taylor is the villain here. The one striker we did have who was Championship level. The man will go down in Charlton infamy if we get relegated.
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:
    Croydon said:
    Please remember that Bonne was hardly supposed to be involved at all this season, he was bought as a project and we've had no other choice but to use him
    Its not his fault, but he's not yet good enough to lead a Championship teams forward line.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Bonne needs 8 chances to score 1 goal. 
    My Leyton Orient supporting mate said this when we signed him

• Options
    Fumbluff said:
    We’re going to lose 0-2, you heard it here first(ish)
    Fully expecting their player to be offside too
  • Options
    3 goals in 5 and a half games. Just not good enough. Cant really blame the strikers because, they arent really good enough. Neither are Championship quality.......League one at best. 

Sorry, but I think we are down. 
    Really should have scored today, if it wasn’t for a shite Lino
  • Options
    Same old script week after week. Brentford, Millwall and now 1-0 Reading soooooo predictable. Getting bored with it all now. Praying for Barnsley, Stoke and Wigan to fuck up if we have any chance of survival. The most predictable thing is gonna be needing not to get thumped at Leeds to stay up on goal difference and then losing 5-0.
  • Options
    I think a lot of people forget that Bonne was not supposed to be anywhere near the first team this season. The plan was to ship him out on loan all season. Bowyer knew he was nowhere near ready.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!